Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,071 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:01 AM

Mutual Funds - Investment (33) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Mutual Funds (959779 Views)

Top 10 Mutual Fund Managers In Nigeria / Mutual Funds In Nigeria: Please Share Your Experience / Best Nigerian Mutual Funds To Invest In? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) ... (321) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mutual Funds by Investnow2017: 12:27pm On Jun 20, 2017
Ojix85:
Hello House,

Any Stanbic IBTC MMF subscriber in the house?

No interest accrued on my MMF account for yesterday.

Can another subscriber confirm?

Thanks.

Check again it has been credited this afternoon. Enjoy
Re: Mutual Funds by Ojix85: 9:11pm On Jun 20, 2017
Investnow2017:

Thanks. Heard they had some issues.
Re: Mutual Funds by Ojix85: 2:46pm On Jun 22, 2017
Investnow2017:

If i may also ask, how long does it take for an MMF top-up to reflect?

Does it really take 2 days? I did one today.
Re: Mutual Funds by ukay2: 2:54pm On Jun 22, 2017
Stanbic ibtc mmf...still the best among equals
Re: Mutual Funds by Investnow2017: 4:36pm On Jun 22, 2017
Ojix85:

If i may also ask, how long does it take for an MMF top-up to reflect?

Does it really take 2 days? I did one today.

Mine with stanbic has always been same day, although done in the morning hours before 11am. Send a mail with attachment to your relationship officer and he will as soon as they receive credit.
Re: Mutual Funds by Ojix85: 8:04pm On Jun 22, 2017
Investnow2017:

Mine with stanbic has always been same day, although done in the morning hours before 11am. Send a mail with attachment to your relationship officer and he will as soon as they receive credit.

Thanks again.

Appreciate.
Re: Mutual Funds by amakablessing(f): 7:15pm On Jun 24, 2017
Click on these link and register on the link, after that u get paid instantly straight into ur bank account, iF someone click on your Link, http://cashcrawlers.com/account/user/register.php?ref=Amaka%201990
Re: Mutual Funds by Nobody: 4:21am On Jun 27, 2017

cheesy cheesy
Re: Mutual Funds by MostBlessed: 12:09pm On Jun 27, 2017
Greetings to all forum members, I'm new here and I think this is a great informative thread guys, Keep it up I am really impressed .
I'm interested in investing in Stanbic ibtc money market mutual funds, but I do not have an account with stanbic ibtc bank. I hope this will not be a problem when I want to invest / redeem my cash.

Many Thanks
Re: Mutual Funds by Investnow2017: 2:54pm On Jun 27, 2017
MostBlessed:
Greetings to all forum members, I'm new here and I think this is a great informative thread guys, Keep it up I am really impressed .
I'm interested in investing in Stanbic ibtc money market mutual funds, but I do not have an account with stanbic ibtc bank. I hope this will not be a problem when I want to invest / redeem my cash.

Many Thanks
Its no problem. You will not regret it. Its cool and interactive. The biggest of the lots.

1 Like

Re: Mutual Funds by MostBlessed: 5:40pm On Jun 27, 2017
Investnow2017:

Its no problem. You will not regret it. Its cool and interactive. The biggest of the lots.

Thanks a lot for your response. I will visit stanbic ibtc bank tomorrow morning.
Re: Mutual Funds by Investnow2017: 5:17pm On Jul 03, 2017
MostBlessed:

Thanks a lot for your response. I will visit stanbic ibtc bank tomorrow morning.

You didnt report back to the house as to your experience at ibtc over their money market mutual fund
Re: Mutual Funds by MostBlessed: 9:26pm On Jul 03, 2017
[url][/url]
Investnow2017:

You didnt report back to the house as to your experience at ibtc over their money market mutual fund

Very sorry for the late report, guys.
So far, I am happy with the way things are going. I was at the bank on Wednesday to fill the form and pay in my cheque , they had to verify my address though which took till Friday and as of today my online account was just registered, I am looking forward to a wonderful experience with my little investment in stanbic ibtc money market !!.... Many thanks grin

2 Likes

Re: Mutual Funds by nigeriafarmer: 10:07pm On Jul 03, 2017
ernie4life:

500 or 5,000?
Re: Mutual Funds by ernie4life(m): 10:35pm On Jul 03, 2017
nigeriafarmer:
500 or 5,000?

500 after one month, 5,000 may be for a year if the fund performs 10% net
Re: Mutual Funds by nowpresence(f): 11:06pm On Jul 10, 2017
Good evenings guys
I am new here. I have been looking for ways to invest my money, till I came across mutual funds and during my research about it I found this thread online.
I don't have the time to go through the whole thread to know all about it.
I will be grateful if someone can explain what the mutual funds is all about, pros and cons and how to get started.
thanks
Re: Mutual Funds by afroxyz: 11:43pm On Jul 10, 2017
nowpresence:
Good evenings guys
I am new here. I have been looking for ways to invest my money, till I came across mutual funds and during my research about it I found this thread online.
I will be grateful if someone can explain what the mutual funds is all about, pros and cons and how to get started.
thanks
Then you are not ready

10 Likes

Re: Mutual Funds by ernie4life(m): 7:05am On Jul 11, 2017
nowpresence:
Good evenings guys
thanks

You are doing a research on mutual funds because you wish to invest in it, and you came across this thread instead of taking your time to read every tiny detail instead you want it short.

Like seriously

4 Likes

Re: Mutual Funds by NL1960: 10:50am On Jul 11, 2017
nowpresence:
Good evenings guys
thanks

Let me go and read from the beginning to the end first. When i finished, i will explain to you what i have read.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mutual Funds by bigtt76(f): 2:53pm On Jul 11, 2017
Still interested in investing in Agri-business? Check my signature for more details.

carpenter:

Abi my brother.

By the way, I have moved 80% of my money out of Mutual Funds into poultry farming, investing in a friend's business.

Am excited about the risk and rewards, investing in Nigerian Businesses...I guess this is the reason they crashed the rates. Let me play ball then see how it goes
Re: Mutual Funds by Propene: 2:07pm On Jul 13, 2017
Investnow2017:

what is the current rate for stanbic IBTC mutual fund (Money market), also is there a maturity date attached to it, if there is kindly tell me.

thanks
Re: Mutual Funds by Investnow2017: 2:10pm On Jul 13, 2017
Propene:

what is the current rate for stanbic IBTC mutual fund (Money market), also is there a maturity date attached to it, if there is kindly tell me.

thanks

Current rate is 18.3% on the average. But actual is 17.6% You can only with after 30days of initial subscription. And withdrawal is in installment of N2.5m
Re: Mutual Funds by Propene: 3:15pm On Jul 13, 2017
lovely post
Re: Mutual Funds by rosybabyy: 3:27pm On Jul 13, 2017
Hello @investnow2017, what do you mean by current is 18.3% and actual 17.6%. I don't understand.
Re: Mutual Funds by Investnow2017: 4:06pm On Jul 13, 2017
rosybabyy:
Hello @investnow2017, what do you mean by current is 18.3% and actual 17.6%. I don't understand.

In their website ibtc money market fund displays daily rate. It has been fluctuating between 18.4% - 18.55%. But when i calculate my daily yields especially since July, i notice they have actually been applying 17.56% and not the actual daily rates published in their website.

I am still working to find out why this is so. I am told it is system generated. That is a childish explanation. The system garbages out what you had garbaged in.

You could as well find out.

Its good to do TB and mutual fund if you have enough fund for both. You may not want to break your TB before maturity. But after just 30 days you have full access to your mutual fund without any penalty. That is the advantage. And the rate difference is not signicant.

Sometimes when i have a good figure i buy TB and push the upfront discount into my mutual fund portfolio. Its pretty good at the current rate. In this way you end up maximising your yield.
Re: Mutual Funds by rosybabyy: 5:22pm On Jul 13, 2017
Investnow2017:

In their website ibtc money market fund displays daily rate. It has been fluctuating between 18.4% - 18.55%. But when i calculate my daily yields especially since July, i notice they have actually been applying 17.56% and not the actual daily rates published in their website.

I am still working to find out why this is so. I am told it is system generated. That is a childish explanation. The system garbages out what you had garbaged in.

You could as well find out.

Its good to do TB and mutual fund if you have enough fund for both. You may not want to break your TB before maturity. But after just 30 days you have full access to your mutual fund without any penalty. That is the advantage. And the rate difference is not signicant.

Sometimes when i have a good figure i buy TB and push the upfront discount into my mutual fund portfolio. Its pretty good at the current rate. In this way you end up maximising your yield.

Sysytem generated indeed! I ll investigate too. But if its true its not fair on their part.Thanks for bringing our attention to it.
Re: Mutual Funds by Investnow2017: 6:29pm On Jul 13, 2017
rosybabyy:
Sysytem generated indeed! I ll investigate too. But if its true its not fair on their part.Thanks for bringing our attention to it.

Please try and see to this too through your client officer and kindly share your findings with the house too. Thanks.

Seriously up to 30th June 2017 i never witnessed this. But beginning from July 1st i began to notice that the interest on my principal remains fixed. I have a feeling that their system to capture certain per centages at given ranges because i did a top up on the 30th June prior to this development.

Pls you too also check with them.
Re: Mutual Funds by ernie4life(m): 7:16pm On Jul 13, 2017
rosybabyy:

Maybe not just system generated,
The custodians and fund managers have their fee which is not put into calculation when publishing the figures.
Regulations have it that you publish the figure as a whole so that the can know when you are over charging the investors.
Mutual funds a very well regulated so the fund manager can never short change you

What is remitted into your account is net of chargers owing to the 17.6% you see
Re: Mutual Funds by rosybabyy: 8:22pm On Jul 13, 2017
ernie4life:

Maybe not just system generated,
The custodians and fund managers have their fee which is not put into calculation when publishing the figures.
Regulations have it that you publish the figure as a whole so that the can know when you are over charging the investors.
Mutual funds a very well regulated so the fund manager can never short change you

What is remitted into your account is net of chargers owing to the 17.6% you see
@ernie4life, can u teach us how the net pay is being calculated pls
Re: Mutual Funds by ernie4life(m): 8:48pm On Jul 13, 2017
rosybabyy:
@ernie4life, can u teach us how the net pay is being calculated pls

Just the actual yield minus fund manager charges
Re: Mutual Funds by Investnow2017: 9:03pm On Jul 13, 2017
ernie4life:

Just the actual yield minus fund manager charges

The question is Why in July. Up to june 30th my computations were just as were credited to my account until July 1st when this whole abracadabra started!
Re: Mutual Funds by ernie4life(m): 9:53pm On Jul 13, 2017
Investnow2017:

The question is Why in July. Up to june 30th my computations were just as were credited to my account until July 1st when this whole abracadabra started!

That I can't answer, speak to your funds manager

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) ... (321) (Reply)

MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread / Treasury Bills In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.