Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,159 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:59 AM

Family, Divorce,love And Forgiveness - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Family, Divorce,love And Forgiveness (940 Views)

"My Husband Uses ‘Aboniki’ Balm As Lubricant" – Woman Files For Divorce / My 63-year-old Wife Starves Me Of Sex, Divorce-seeking Septuagenarian Tells Cour / Man Seeks Divorce Because Wife Ran Mad After Extra-marital Affair (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Family, Divorce,love And Forgiveness by Blessedwhite(m): 11:23am On Sep 21, 2014
It came to my mind this day during the blessing of a marriage in church today. The couple went exchanging their vows . I notice they promise to love and to cherish and endure and live happily for ever. But the questions are there . Will you forgive ur adulterous husband or wife? . 2. Will you bring out to be disgrace . Will divorce ever be a option out of your marriage even in adulterous act.
Re: Family, Divorce,love And Forgiveness by Blessedwhite(m): 12:49am On Oct 09, 2014
Watching oh. Is there no one who wish to share his or her view
Re: Family, Divorce,love And Forgiveness by Blessedwhite(m): 1:12pm On Jul 27, 2015
still waiting for comments cause this issue is actually affecting families now
Re: Family, Divorce,love And Forgiveness by MARKone(m): 1:52pm On Jul 27, 2015
^^^ you are still waiting for comments since 2014, and we done the near 2016 small...

Anyway, yes I MAY forgive an adulterous wife, but may not forgive for a far lesser offence.
Re: Family, Divorce,love And Forgiveness by Chidoks(f): 2:05pm On Jul 27, 2015
the truth of the matter is that most young people these days celebrate elaborate weddings rather than sitting back to understand the responsibilities and obligations that come with marriage.when you listen to a couple planning for wedding;all you hear us the cost of venue,cost of wedding gown,cake,food,and other inconsequentual attachments.nobody really sits down to analize their behavioral pattern and how to make adjustments.
back to your question:i watched my mum struggle with the issues that arose in her marriage(one advantage of marrying as a matured person).how she handled rejection,maltreatments and threats of divorce.i judged her ,applauded her,cried with her,blamed her,,pitied her and understood her at times flew by.
I appriciate her right deeds and mistakes,i learnt from her actions and inactions.and resolved to conquer marital obstacles no matter how much i have to stoop.
for me divorce is not a word!
it baffles me when couples threaten each other with divorce at the slightest provocation.the question is : why venture into marriage when you cannot endure the challenges therfrom.you enjoy all benefits from it but cannot withstand the challenges? every coin has two sides and marriage is not an exception.
of course it's not by my might for i my good is insufficient but the grace of God keeps me going even when i feel i'm exploited.
i appriciate marriage and the bliss that comes with it, i love my hubby and i'm a jealous lover .i have caught him cheating, i reacted. yes, i did but i dropped it and focused on praying for him and doing my bit at making him a better man!am i a weak woman?i don't know but all i know is; if i leave and hop unto another man,he will do same.yes all men are categorically the same! thus, i will never expose him to ridicle.he is my lord. God help me i will try to be the best i can be.and to God be the glory he is gradually becoming the man i want him to be without even knowing it...

1 Like

Re: Family, Divorce,love And Forgiveness by teddybear007(f): 11:30am On Jul 28, 2015
@ poster above me, u might ve a point, but i will need more than that to justify it. Would u mind sending me a mail. Gracias
Re: Family, Divorce,love And Forgiveness by Blessedwhite(m): 1:32pm On Dec 02, 2015
dear Chidoks
you spoke so well and mature, this has always been the reply i long wish to get. marriage is more than just a life commitment for making children and sharing family name and pleasure. lies, hate, cheating, crises, dislikes, been broke and many others makes up the marriage home, i wonder if loves still covers a multitude of sins this days in marriage

(1) (Reply)

Marriage Marriage Marriage, Please I Need Matured Answers/advice/suggestions!!! / Top 10 Reasons For The Increase In The Number Of Divorces / Will You Abandon The Marriage If Your Spouse Gets Disabled

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.