Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,705 members, 7,955,669 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 12:19 PM

What Are You Made Of ? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / What Are You Made Of ? (738 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Are You Made Of ? by Nobody: 6:08pm On Sep 21, 2014
I am Obiora.
I am made of compassion.
My color is my pride

# I am Black #

WHAT ARE YOU MADE OF ?
Re: What Are You Made Of ? by Sanchez01: 6:12pm On Sep 21, 2014
I am black-skinned; I am made of BLACKgrin
Re: What Are You Made Of ? by Mynd44: 7:17pm On Sep 21, 2014
Whoever thought up the idea of using Kanye West's "Black Skinhead" to run the Guinness advert needs to have his/her head checked. I doubt the person listened to the song
Re: What Are You Made Of ? by Nobody: 7:24pm On Sep 21, 2014
Is that so ?
Re: What Are You Made Of ? by Sanchez01: 10:36am On Sep 22, 2014
Mynd44: Whoever thought up the idea of using Kanye West's "Black Skinhead" to run the Guinness advert needs to have his/her head checked. I doubt the person listened to the song
I believe you are missing the big picture here, and I would want us to look at the 'Made of Black' campaign by overlooking Kanye's song. I believe the whole idea of the campaign is for Africans to stay true to who they are. I see it as a call to remembrance that Africans share the same cultural heritage as one big black nation who consume something blackish in nature. Bottom line is: the campaign is merely pointing to the fact that Guinness is a drink for the black man. I really hope you catch this.
Re: What Are You Made Of ? by Mynd44: 11:17am On Sep 22, 2014
Sanchez01:
I believe you are missing the big picture here, and I would want us to look at the 'Made of Black' campaign by overlooking Kanye's song. I believe the whole idea of the campaign is for Africans to stay true to who they are. I see it as a call to remembrance that Africans share the same cultural heritage as one big black nation who consume something blackish in nature. Bottom line is: the campaign is merely pointing to the fact that Guinness is a drink for the black man. I really hope you catch this.

Lmao. The bolded just shows how little you know. Made for the black man? Do you Realise the funds it makes from blacks are actually not as much as that from those who made the darned drink.

Then they chose to use a racially inclined song to promote the drink. If that same song but done by a white person is used for a slogan "made of white" what will you be here talking about?
Re: What Are You Made Of ? by Sanchez01: 11:35am On Sep 22, 2014
Mynd44:

Lmao. The bolded just shows how little you know. Made for the black man? Do you Realise the funds it makes from blacks are actually not as much as that from those who made the darned drink.

Then they chose to use a racially inclined song to promote the drink. If that same song but done by a white person is used for a slogan "made of white" what will you be here talking about?
No, I believe it is the other way around. Take for example, Coca-Cola's World Cup campaign about supporting the Eagles. You think the same would be aired in several countries? The answer, of course, is NO! Just as the made of black campaign in Africa, the advert will be different when aired in a community made of whites. It is called TARGET AUDIENCE. Arthur Guiness was white, the campaign in Africa says 'Black' how is it racist? A brand is tilted to the brink of collapse if it fails to recognize and acknowledge the community in which it finds itself.
Re: What Are You Made Of ? by Mynd44: 11:41am On Sep 22, 2014
Sanchez01:
No, I believe it is the other way around. Take for example, Coca-Cola's World Cup campaign about supporting the Eagles. You think the same would be aired in several countries? The answer, of course, is NO! Just as the made of black campaign in Africa, the advert will be different when aired in a community made of whites. It is called TARGET AUDIENCE. Arthur Guiness was white, the campaign in Africa says 'Black' how is it racist? A brand is tilted to the brink of collapse if it fails to recognize and acknowledge the community in which it finds itself.
Believe what you want oooo. That song is not appropriate(I actually like the song sha) for an ad campaign

(1) (Reply)

Types Of People You Meet In The Banking Hall / Manchester United Sign Multi Partnership Deal With Nigerian Company..chi Limited / Rivers State Students In UK Cry For Help!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.