Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,832 members, 7,810,201 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:26 PM

Will Muslims Go To Heaven? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Will Muslims Go To Heaven? (1445 Views)

Do Muslims Believe That They Get 72 Virgins In Heaven? / Will Muslims See God? / Muslim's Paradise, And Christian's Heaven (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Will Muslims Go To Heaven? by Bvsteph: 7:37pm On Sep 21, 2014
No matter how much we want to shove Muslims under the carpet, the truth is that they originated from Ishmael, who was born of Abraham's union with Sarah's maid, Hagar. When Sarah started acting up, Abraham had to send her away in Genesis 21: 9-14. However an angel of God met with Hagar and Genesis 21: 18 says " Lift the boy up and take him by the hand, for I will make him into a great nation.”
History has it that the Islamic sect arose from this people. My question now is, God was very much involved in the life of Ishmael, would it therefore be safe to say the Muslims would also make heaven too? Or they are just part of God's big plan and they would all perish afterward?

I really pray we would be able to trash this out and get sincere and matured answers. Thanks guys.
Re: Will Muslims Go To Heaven? by cegxie(m): 7:50pm On Sep 21, 2014
As sensitive as this topic is.. It is not in our place to determine who will make heaven and who will go to hell because for one the criteria for making heaven as a christian is not the same for a muslim or even a pagan.. Here we are talking about being saved by the law and being saved by faith.. For me I think heaven is a personal race that we all pray to win either as a christian or as muslim but to tell you that they will or will not make heaven is tantamount to passing judgment of what I do not have the facts.. By their faith they believe that they make heaven, so also do the christians and even the pagans who believe in the hereafter.. Let the grand designer reveal all things in due course..

2 Likes

Re: Will Muslims Go To Heaven? by ifaoni(m): 7:57pm On Sep 21, 2014
i dont tink so. Too much killings....warlords.
Re: Will Muslims Go To Heaven? by Nobody: 8:50pm On Sep 21, 2014
Since God said he would make Ishmael a great nation, I don't think God would raise up a great nation only to later cast them into hell.

1 Like

Re: Will Muslims Go To Heaven? by AlBaqir(m): 9:11pm On Sep 21, 2014
CRITERIA TO ENTER 'HEAVENS'
“Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. On that day many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?’ And then will I declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness.’ “Everyone then who hears these words of mine and does them will be like a wise man who built his house on the rock. And the rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house, but it did not fall, because it had been founded on the rock"~Matt. 7:21- 27

Jesus (as) However Declared:
“If you love me, you will keep my commandments."~John 14:15

Matthew 19:16-17 further highlight:
Now behold, one came and said to Him, “Good Teacher, what good thing shall I do that I may enter the eternal life?

So He said to him, “Why do you call Me good? No one is good but One, that is, God. But if you want to enter into life, keep the commandments.”

What Are Those Commandments In The Words Of Jesus himself?
“The most important one,” answered Jesus, “is this: ‘Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one. Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.’ The second is this: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ There is no commandment greater than these.” ~Mark 12: 29- 30

Exodus 20 is also explicit of these commandments.

Jesus (as) Nailed It
Matthew 5:19-21 New International Version
"Therefore anyone who sets aside one of the least of these commands and teaches others accordingly will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever practices and teaches these commands will be called great in the kingdom of heaven. For I tell you that unless your righteousness surpasses that of the Pharisees and the teachers of the law, you will certainly not enter the kingdom of heaven"

Will Christian Enter Paradise?
www.nairaland.com/1906233/islam-only-right-path

2 Likes

Re: Will Muslims Go To Heaven? by manmacho: 1:51pm On Sep 23, 2014
AlBaqir: CRITERIA TO ENTER 'HEAVENS'
“Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. On that day many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?’ And then will I declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness.’ “Everyone then who hears these words of mine and does them will be like a wise man who built his house on the rock. And the rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house, but it did not fall, because it had been founded on the rock"~Matt. 7:21- 27

Jesus (as) However Declared:
“If you love me, you will keep my commandments."~John 14:15

Matthew 19:16-17 further highlight:
Now behold, one came and said to Him, “Good Teacher, what good thing shall I do that I may enter the eternal life?

So He said to him, “Why do you call Me good? No one is good but One, that is, God. But if you want to enter into life, keep the commandments.”

What Are Those Commandments In The Words Of Jesus himself?
“The most important one,” answered Jesus, “is this: ‘Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one. Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.’ The second is this: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ There is no commandment greater than these.” ~Mark 12: 29- 30

Exodus 20 is also explicit of these commandments.

Jesus (as) Nailed It
Matthew 5:19-21 New International Version
"Therefore anyone who sets aside one of the least of these commands and teaches others accordingly will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever practices and teaches these commands will be called great in the kingdom of heaven. For I tell you that unless your righteousness surpasses that of the Pharisees and the teachers of the law, you will certainly not enter the kingdom of heaven"

Will Christian Enter Paradise?
www.nairaland.com/1906233/islam-only-right-path
cheesy cheesy
you did not remember to quote john 3 16

those commands you cannot do them until you have Jesus. He is the way the truth and the Life.

STOP PICKING CHRIST WORD PICK THE GOSPEL OF CHRIST
Re: Will Muslims Go To Heaven? by manmacho: 1:57pm On Sep 23, 2014
mathew 19:16-22 the full text:

Now behold, one came and said to Him, “Good[e] Teacher, what good thing shall I do that I may have eternal life?”

17 So He said to him, “Why do you call Me good?[f] No one is good but One, that is, God.[g] But if you want to enter into life, keep the commandments.”

18 He said to Him, “Which ones?”

Jesus said, “‘You shall not murder,’ ‘You shall not commit adultery,’ ‘You shall not steal,’ ‘You shall not bear false witness,’ 19 ‘Honor your father and your mother,’[h] and, ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ ”[i]

20 The young man said to Him, “All these things I have kept from my youth.[j] What do I still lack?”

21 Jesus said to him, “If you want to be perfect, go, sell what you have and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come, follow Me.”

22 But when the young man heard that saying, he went away sorrowful, for he had great possessions.

IF YOU WANT TO BE PERFECT YOU MUST GIVE UP ISLAM AND THE LAW AND FOLLOW JESUS CHRIST YOUR SAVIOUR
Re: Will Muslims Go To Heaven? by maclatunji: 12:47am On Sep 24, 2014
^LOL @ John 3:16

OP, you are thinking a little bit more than the average Christian. What you need to ask yourself is who made being a Christian the standard for making paradise which you call "heaven" and what authority do they have to make such an assertion?

2 Likes

Re: Will Muslims Go To Heaven? by AlBaqir(m): 12:10pm On Sep 24, 2014
manmacho: cheesy cheesy
you did not remember to quote john 3 16

those commands you cannot do them until you have Jesus. He is the way the truth and the Life.

STOP PICKING CHRIST WORD PICK THE GOSPEL OF CHRIST

You need to get yourself a "red-lettered Bible" to know what parts of the Bible actually contain Jesus wording.

Sorry bro. John 3:16 is NEVER explicit wording of Jesus (as). ALL my quotations are wording of Jesus not otherwise. Otherwise words are where you see falsehood.
Re: Will Muslims Go To Heaven? by manmacho: 1:30pm On Sep 24, 2014
AlBaqir:

You need to get yourself a "red-lettered Bible" to know what parts of the Bible actually contain Jesus wording.

Sorry bro. John 3:16 is NEVER explicit wording of Jesus (as). ALL my quotations are wording of Jesus not otherwise. Otherwise words are where you see falsehood.

otherwise word are those that does not match your quoran. be sincere John 3:16 are exact words of Jesus.

and what prove do you have to say a part of the bible is a lie and proof what is in the koran is truth.

Bro. is all a faith thing you believe what you believe in hope that it will save you. your were not there when this books were written.

but one thing is sure Islam and Christianity lead to different eternal path never the same. can't be!!!
Re: Will Muslims Go To Heaven? by Rilwayne001: 7:44pm On Sep 24, 2014
manmacho:

IF YOU WANT TO BE PERFECT YOU MUST GIVE UP ISLAM AND THE LAW AND FOLLOW JESUS CHRIST YOUR SAVIOUR

You err not knowing scriptures.

You should be the one to give up on Paul.

Follow the explicit words of The prophet inluding Jesus (as) and Muhammad (saw), and also follow the law for yahweh said in.

JOSHUA 1:8.. "This Book of The Law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and shalt have good success."

If you want more^^, i will give it to you.

And we all no Jesus never abolish the law does he

2 Likes

Re: Will Muslims Go To Heaven? by Bvsteph: 11:17am On Sep 25, 2014
The bible did....what's your own standard?
maclatunji: ^LOL @ John 3:16

OP, you are thinking a little bit more than the average Christian. What you need to ask yourself is who made being a Christian the standard for making paradise which you call "heaven" and what authority do they have to make such an assertion?
Re: Will Muslims Go To Heaven? by manmacho: 2:20pm On Sep 25, 2014
Rilwayne001:

You err not knowing scriptures.

You should be the one to give up on Paul.

Follow the explicit words of The prophet inluding Jesus (as) and Muhammad (saw), and also follow the law for yahweh said in.

JOSHUA 1:8.. "This Book of The Law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and shalt have good success."

If you want more^^, i will give it to you.

And we all no Jesus never abolish the law does he

Let us see you carry out all the requirement of the law then.

if you err in one you err in all. the Law was to be our teacher leading us to see our insufficiency and need for a saviour

He that wants to be justified by the law has fallen from grace.

We have a new law in operation is the law of the spirit of life in Christ Jesus.

the law of the old testament had been fulfilled in Christ
Re: Will Muslims Go To Heaven? by Ovacoma: 10:39am On Sep 26, 2014
AlBaqir:

who spoke in John 3: 16?
Re: Will Muslims Go To Heaven? by maclatunji: 7:47am On Sep 28, 2014
Ovacoma: who spoke in John 3: 16?

Tell us now. #LOL
Re: Will Muslims Go To Heaven? by Ovacoma: 4:05pm On Sep 28, 2014
[quote author=maclatunji]

Tell us now. #LOL [/quote
JESUS .
Re: Will Muslims Go To Heaven? by Bvsteph: 4:10pm On Sep 28, 2014
We really didn't give an answer to the question. It's a yes or no... Would Muslims make heaven??[quote author=Ovacoma][/quote]
Re: Will Muslims Go To Heaven? by AlBaqir(m): 4:16pm On Sep 28, 2014
Ovacoma:
JESUS

Perhaps you miss something bro!

"For God so loved the world that he gave his
one and only Son, that whoever believes in him
shall not perish but have eternal life."
John 3:16

Could those^ ever be words of Jesus? Again you need a 'red-lettered bible'.
Re: Will Muslims Go To Heaven? by Bvsteph: 4:29pm On Sep 28, 2014
I'm confused here...So who na said those words? Satan?
AlBaqir:

Re: Will Muslims Go To Heaven? by AlBaqir(m): 4:47pm On Sep 28, 2014
Bvsteph: I'm confused here...So who na said those words? Satan?

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life."

The above wording is definitely not God or Jesus words because of the underlined infact the whole sentence confirmed that. Rather it is words of a "third party". Whoever that might be is not of concern here.

Again as far as I know, there are no ambiguity or blasphemy in the words of Jesus recorded in the Bible though interpretations might sometimes create controversy. Likewise words of God recorded in the bible, No ambiguity! 85% of Bible wording (other than God's and Jesus) are wording of historian, eye-witnesses, ear-witnesses, etc.

1 Like

Re: Will Muslims Go To Heaven? by Bvsteph: 4:59pm On Sep 28, 2014
Ehen
AlBaqir:

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life."

The above wording is definitely not God or Jesus words because of the underlined infact the whole sentence confirmed that. Rather it is words of a "third party". Whoever that might be is not of concern here.

Again as far as I know, there are no ambiguity or blasphemy in the words of Jesus recorded in the Bible though interpretations might sometimes create controversy. Likewise words of God recorded in the bible, No ambiguity! 85% of Bible wording (other than God's and Jesus) are wording of historian, eye-witnesses, ear-witnesses, etc.
Re: Will Muslims Go To Heaven? by Ovacoma: 5:31pm On Sep 28, 2014
AlBaqir:

thank God you know it in ur mind, and no more excuses before God again, tanx.
Re: Will Muslims Go To Heaven? by Ovacoma: 5:35pm On Sep 28, 2014
AlBaqir:

. Read the chapter from the beginning to the end. You know it but manipulation of God's words wont make you admit.
Re: Will Muslims Go To Heaven? by maclatunji: 11:41pm On Sep 28, 2014
Ovacoma: [/quote][quote author=AlBaqir]

It's common sense, I wonder how they throw it away. It is written all over it even in the title "John".
Re: Will Muslims Go To Heaven? by manmacho: 12:45pm On Sep 29, 2014
maclatunji:

It's common sense, I wonder how they throw it away. It is written all over it even in the title "John".

So John was lying against Jesus
Re: Will Muslims Go To Heaven? by maclatunji: 2:27pm On Sep 29, 2014
manmacho:

He is still asking the question.
Re: Will Muslims Go To Heaven? by AlBaqir(m): 3:24pm On Sep 29, 2014
manmacho:

"Gospel According to St. John"
Have you ever ponder on the above? It simply translate that John is not even the author. Somebody else (perhaps an ear-witness) wrote it as dictated or said by John or chain of transmitters.
Re: Will Muslims Go To Heaven? by Akindarchi(m): 3:37pm On Sep 29, 2014
Actually according to bible scholars, the author of the gospel according to John is anonymous, and like the other canonical gospels, it is believed to have been authored by more than one person. But I know you christians would most likely claim your bible scholars don't know what they are saying so there's no need to stress that point.
As for the topic of the thread, YES muslims would go to paradise according to the quran, and as was pointed out before even according to the bible...soooooooo you can argue all you want, the truth would remain the truth still.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nikah: Husband's Obligations / How True Muslims Fight The 'Unbelievers' In Jihad? / Maoulud Nabiyy In Islam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.