Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,985 members, 7,825,066 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 04:22 AM

2007 Audi Q7 Vs 2007 Lexus Rx - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 2007 Audi Q7 Vs 2007 Lexus Rx (6148 Views)

Audi Q7 S-line 4,2 V8 FSI Versus Volkswagen Touareg R50 5,0 V10 TDI? / Honda Accord 2006 Vs 2007 What Are The Major Differences Between The Two? / Which Is Classier! A White Audi Q7 And A White Mercedes Benz Cls 500 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2007 Audi Q7 Vs 2007 Lexus Rx by Nobody: 1:23pm On Sep 23, 2014
lomomike:

You are very biased based on this topic. The RX is by far better built than the Q7. They are not in same class though, the RX is a midsized CUV the Q7 is a full sized CUV. So let's rank it among its classmates the merc GL class, and the lexus LX. The GL is more expensive, the LX is body on frame. That aside, the LX and the GL class is better built and sells by huge margin than the Q7. In performance, the GL and LX is faster than the Q7. The LX570 is actually a 6.4 second 0-60mph truck and it does a quarter mile in 15.3 seconds.

Let the Q7 eat that!

I agree with some of your points bro.

But you forgot the Audi Q7 6.0 V12 TDI. It makes 500hp and 1,000 Nm torque. It hits 60 mph in a not so shabby 5.5 seconds. It is the worlds fastest diesel-powered SUV, and the power plant is the worlds ONLY 12 cylinder diesel in a passenger car. cool

I think with questions such as the thread starter posed, there are no straight answers, UNLESS engine sizes are included in the query. smiley
Re: 2007 Audi Q7 Vs 2007 Lexus Rx by chucky234(m): 2:00pm On Sep 23, 2014
Siena:

The 350hp engine is a 4.2 V8 sir.
My bad, the 4.2 FSI V8 produces 350hp, Thanks bro.
Re: 2007 Audi Q7 Vs 2007 Lexus Rx by Nobody: 2:12pm On Sep 23, 2014
Siena:

I agree with some of your points bro.

But you forgot the Audi Q7 6.0 V12 TDI. It makes 500hp and 1,000 Nm torque. It hits 60 mph in a not so shabby 5.5 seconds. It is the worlds fastest diesel-powered SUV, and the power plant is the worlds ONLY 12 cylinder diesel in a passenger car. cool

I think with questions such as the thread starter posed, there are no straight answers, UNLESS engine sizes are included in the query. smiley

Hehehehe bros we no go V12 area na. grin
Re: 2007 Audi Q7 Vs 2007 Lexus Rx by dreamwords: 4:02pm On Sep 23, 2014
what a beauty to behold
classy and sexy
q7
ask DAVIDO he will tell u more

Re: 2007 Audi Q7 Vs 2007 Lexus Rx by erico2k2(m): 4:33pm On Sep 23, 2014
There is no comparism the Q7 beats the RX however the factor should Money

1 Like

Re: 2007 Audi Q7 Vs 2007 Lexus Rx by olamega(m): 7:12pm On Sep 23, 2014
With all said, I believe the OP should just be very sure of what he wants here. Without being biased, if I have my ways I would prefer the Q7 to the RX, I mean on a good day, just like CityNg said, you can't help but look at the Q7 with some level OF ENVY even if you're cruising the Rx. Going beyond the beauty, build quality the safety as its been mentioned is far better, in fact Q7 was rated 3rd of the safest SUVs in the world (2007), and 6th safest car (i.e. saloon, SUV, wagon......), its one of the few SUVs till date that has the safest rollover rating as an SUV, which means that you car drive it "sportly" like a car without the fear of rolling over at bends (others are Porsche Cayenne, RangeRover Sport, BMWX6...).
But to be very realistic as a nigerian, the maintenance and resale value should be taken into consideration, so I would advice you buy the RX 'jeje' , esp. if you're not a performance freak like me and like CityNG said if you can easily look away if you see the Q7 on the road. My reasons are these:
1. Maintenance: Nigerian mechs can handle toyota better than Audi/ volkswagen, especially the exotic ones, there are more of them than audi/volkswagen mechanics that know their onions. so most times when these cars gives a minor fault, the ill informed mechanics will do trial and error thereby complicating the issue, then.
2. Resale value: an average nigerian doesn't know the value of some of these "Machines" so reselling it might be a problem, cos ppl will discourage intending buyers of the fear that those cars are expensive to manage, spare parts are scarce, electrical problems....bla bla bla....

THESE THINGS I SAID ARE FROM MY PERSONAL EXPERINCE !!!
So my conclusion is this: as an average nigerian who wants i nice luxury car, just go for the RX.

1 Like

Re: 2007 Audi Q7 Vs 2007 Lexus Rx by sensisosu: 3:25pm On Sep 25, 2014
Thank you all... I have learnt a lot from your discussions, arguments and information.. I can authoritatively say now that I know which of the SUV to pick..

thank you all once again..

God bless you all..
Re: 2007 Audi Q7 Vs 2007 Lexus Rx by chucky234(m): 8:52am On Sep 26, 2014
sensisosu: Thank you all... I have learnt a lot from your discussions, arguments and information.. I can authoritatively say now that I know which of the SUV to pick..

thank you all once again..

God bless you all..
Let us know your choice bro.
Re: 2007 Audi Q7 Vs 2007 Lexus Rx by sensisosu: 8:32pm On Sep 26, 2014
chucky234: Let us know your choice bro.

I have studied the thread carefully and I have learnt alot. At the moment, I have a 2001 honda baby boy that I currently drive for my day to day hustle. In as much as I need a car with good fuel consumption, good resale value, cheap maintenance and spare parts. I also want to drive a luxury car, one that I wont have to feel inferior to other Luxury SUV owners.

the RX350 would offer a lot in terms of maintenance, fuel consumption, resale value and all this I am currently enjoying with my honda accord and to be honest, it is not a bad choice but I want a car that will give me much more than what my honda baby boy gives me at the moment. in lieu of this, I have decided to go for the Audi q7. If i have to spend over 3 million plus on a car then I shouldn't be worried about maintenance and fuel consumption.

Life is to short to live an average life. Make I chop life small... I am an open book and I take your suggestions very serious. So I am open to more discussions.

Thank you all and God bless you

3 Likes

Re: 2007 Audi Q7 Vs 2007 Lexus Rx by sensisosu: 8:51pm On Sep 26, 2014
I am also open to suggestions for other luxury SUVs...

thank you
Re: 2007 Audi Q7 Vs 2007 Lexus Rx by Nobody: 8:53pm On Sep 26, 2014
@OP nice choice.
Re: 2007 Audi Q7 Vs 2007 Lexus Rx by sultaan(m): 9:07pm On Sep 26, 2014
Like said earlier of you are spending that much cash to buy a car you like why will you worry about resale value and fuel economy.

When a car is not reliable and looking good to drive around after 2 years that is when you think about resale.

Buy a car you will like to drive till wheel falls off in the first place then you won't have to subject yourself to opinion of others in the first place. The reliability of cars by model year has already been studied and rated online all you have to do is pick your choice.

When it comes to maintenance just follow the schedule by manufacturer.

Considering Nigeria, which one is least likely to get you the attention of armed robbers?
Re: 2007 Audi Q7 Vs 2007 Lexus Rx by sensisosu: 9:44pm On Sep 26, 2014
sultaan: Like said earlier of you are spending that much cash to buy a car you like why will you worry about resale value and fuel economy.
When a car is not reliable and looking good to drive around after 2 years that is when you think about resale.
Buy a car you will like to drive till wheel falls off in the first place then you won't have to subject yourself to opinion of others in the first place. The reliability of cars by model year has already been studied and rated online all you have to do is pick your choice.
When it comes to maintenance just follow the schedule by manufacturer.
Considering Nigeria, which one is least likely to get you the attention of armed robbers?

Bro God no go let person see armed robbers wahala, I don't think anyone will buy a car with this in mind..
Re: 2007 Audi Q7 Vs 2007 Lexus Rx by chucky234(m): 7:05am On Sep 27, 2014
sensisosu:

I have studied the thread carefully and I have learnt alot. At the moment, I have a 2001 honda baby boy that I currently drive for my day to day hustle. In as much as I need a car with good fuel consumption, good resale value, cheap maintenance and spare parts. I also want to drive a luxury car, one that I wont have to feel inferior to other Luxury SUV owners.

the RX350 would offer a lot in terms of maintenance, fuel consumption, resale value and all this I am currently enjoying with my honda accord and to be honest, it is not a bad choice but I want a car that will give me much more than what my honda baby boy gives me at the moment. in lieu of this, I have decided to go for the Audi q7. If i have to spend over 3 million plus on a car then I shouldn't be worried about maintenance and fuel consumption.

Life is to short to live an average life. Make I chop life small... I am an open book and I take your suggestions very serious. So I am open to more discussions.

Thank you all and God bless you
Nigerians worry a lot about fuel consumption thats why they run away from V6 and V8 engines to buy cars fitted with the flat footed I4 engines.
Maintenance of the Q7 is practically the same with that of the RX350, with the right engine oil and ATF your Q7 will never find its way to a mechanic workshop for 36 months except for minor repairs, and please only competent mechanic .
You can get the base model with 3.6 FSI V6 engine if you are so much bothered about fuel consumption, if not then get the king of the road 4.2 FSI V8 fitted model.
Go through the auto section you will find not less than 100 registered RX330/350 SUVs up for sale but not a single Q7, the reason is because once you bond with that beast you never want to let go.
Good luck bro, and dont forget to send my champagne across.
Re: 2007 Audi Q7 Vs 2007 Lexus Rx by fegeitok001: 9:47pm On Sep 27, 2014
Why the big deal with resale value?

I would never consider resale value...i would consider a car that makes me feel like never leaving it alone. A car that would make send the driver packing because i want to be its pilot.

I guarantee you the audi is such a car. It looks stately, my uncle has one(2014 model). It looks so nice in black.

If i bought the audi 2007 Q7 i would either drive it till the wheels fall off or drive it for between 7 and 10 years and then give it to someone as a gift or a sell it at less than commercial terms and get something else if i grew tired of it.

Nigerians should learn to fall in love with a car and not a car's resale value.

Then again the audi beats the lexus as far as safety ratings are concerned.

No offence intended but lexus is pure (satchet) water, the audi is bottled water!
Re: 2007 Audi Q7 Vs 2007 Lexus Rx by Nobody: 10:56pm On Sep 27, 2014
Last bullet

fegeitok001: No offence intended but lexus is pure (satchet) water, the audi is bottled water!
Re: 2007 Audi Q7 Vs 2007 Lexus Rx by olamega(m): 10:01am On Sep 28, 2014
@ OP nice one. its good to know the reason and be convinced while making a decision.

Just to add to the fun is the 11 speakers the Q7 has ! You can't understand how crazy this is until you experience it, my VW jetta 2007 came with 10 speakers and damn! it was something else, you could do a party with the car's sound system, it is MAD! my younger brother did something like that back then, a pool/beach party or so.

2 Likes

Re: 2007 Audi Q7 Vs 2007 Lexus Rx by Shedrill(m): 2:15am On Jul 18, 2022

You are very biased based on this topic. The RX is by far better built than the Q7. They are not in same class though, the RX is a midsized CUV the Q7 is a full sized CUV. So let's rank it among its classmates the merc GL class, and the lexus LX. The GL is more expensive, the LX is body on frame. That aside, the LX and the GL class is better built and sells by huge margin than the Q7. In performance, the GL and LX is faster than the Q7. The LX570 is actually a 6.4 second 0-60mph truck and it does a quarter mile in 15.3 seconds.

Let the Q7 eat that!

Comparing 5.7 to 4.7 liters

You're a joke
Re: 2007 Audi Q7 Vs 2007 Lexus Rx by okoroemeka(m): 8:56pm On Jul 18, 2022
chucky234:
Get yourself the amazing Q7 and enjoy German innovation and high class engineering.
my brother face realities and get a proven car that is not a bottomless money pit,no doubt the Audi performs excellent when working,what about when it spoils which is inveitable,how easy is it to repair and maintain,that is the question,it works excellent because if overzealous German engineering features like bi turbo,air suspension,dual clutch,free valve,etc,that makes it the ultimate driving machine but you will abandon it at the mechanic and run away if it spoils.
Re: 2007 Audi Q7 Vs 2007 Lexus Rx by kingreign(m): 3:46am On Jul 19, 2022
Shedrill:

Comparing 5.7 to 4.7 liters

You're a joke
Joke will be on you when the reality dawns!
Re: 2007 Audi Q7 Vs 2007 Lexus Rx by Shedrill(m): 6:25am On Jul 19, 2022
kingreign:
Joke will be on you when the reality dawns!

Biko enjoy your Japanese junk tongue

1 Like

Re: 2007 Audi Q7 Vs 2007 Lexus Rx by kingreign(m): 7:42am On Jul 19, 2022
Shedrill:

Biko enjoy your Japanese junk tongue
K
Re: 2007 Audi Q7 Vs 2007 Lexus Rx by komekn(m): 9:46am On Jul 19, 2022
The best vehicle by far is the Audi Q7. l have had friends who have used the car for 3 years without any problems.

Maintenance is a question of perspective and understanding. Do you have a good technician ( not kazim) do you source OEM parts online ( best value) do you have a good maintenance culture and have a good automotive understanding. Then no problem.

Buy and own the very common Lexus RX and expect to have it stolen, even with you inside it and be kidnapped possibly even killed in the desperate quest to steal the RX from you.

The RX will be among the top 5 most commonly stolen cars in Nigeria. Parts and maintenance, the market is awash with substandard knock off parts from India, Taiwan, China even Aba. As a consequence you will change those cheap poor quality parts regularly.

As opposed the Q7 where break pads may last you two years or more.

Off road the Q7 leaves the RX behind in the dark on the road in terms of handling the RX is left also behind.

However, you may wish to follow the large multitude, remember intelligence and wisdom don't rest with majority but the minority.

Finally, in the Q7 rest and sleep in relative security without fear of armed robbers be unique.

Nuff said
Re: 2007 Audi Q7 Vs 2007 Lexus Rx by goldtube(m): 11:29am On Jul 19, 2022
9ja mechanics looking at OP like cheesy get the Lexus RX350 07 you will be at peace, no go buy something not common around Q7 parts are damn expensive though don’t break down easily like it’s Toyota counterpart .
Since you are an Honda enthusiast why not get Acura MDX 010 around same price as the RX
Re: 2007 Audi Q7 Vs 2007 Lexus Rx by Aaaaarghmed(m): 2:02pm On Jul 19, 2022
Una dey revive 2014 thread grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Please How Good Is Acura MDX. / Autologic offering world -class auto training / From Port Harcourt To Lagos And Back

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.