Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,743 members, 7,824,143 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:25 AM

Leader Of The Church Of England Admits He Has Doubts If God Exists - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Leader Of The Church Of England Admits He Has Doubts If God Exists (518 Views)

Queen Of England Invites Pastor J.T.Bandele To Special Event At Her Palace (Pic) / How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? / Church Of Satan Now Opened For All Willing To Join And May The Devil Give You Joy. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Leader Of The Church Of England Admits He Has Doubts If God Exists by charleff512(m): 8:41am On Sep 22, 2014
Leader of the Church of England , Justin Welby has said he sometimes has doubts about God, according to BBC.
Welby the Archbishop of Canterbury made this statement in an interview with BBC Bristol, adding that he doubted in "lots of different ways".
He said: "There are moments, sure, when you think, 'Is there a God?' 'Where is God?'"
When asked about doubt by presenter Lucy Tegg, he said: "It is a really good question. I love the Psalms, if you look at Psalm 88 that's full of doubt.
"The other day I was praying over something as I was running, and I ended up saying to God 'look this is all very well, but isn't it about time you did something, if you're there?'
"Which is probably not what the Archbishop of Canterbury should say."
Welby stated that it was okay to to occasionally have doubt, and still be a Christian.
He added: "The extraordinary thing about being a Christian is that God is faithful even when we're not.
"When we get into the wrong place he comes alongside us and says, 'Right let's go from here.'"
The archbishop made his comments about doubt in front of a crowd of about 1,000 people, not all of whom were churchgoers, and the event took place on 12 September.
The comments in question were made in response to a specific question about whether he had ever struggled with doubts.
We are allowed to doubt God's existence because as humans we might be faced with circumstances that test our faith in God but it is only a fool that says there is no God(Psalm 14:1)
Re: Leader Of The Church Of England Admits He Has Doubts If God Exists by Sexslave01(f): 8:45am On Sep 22, 2014
Not only him sometimes I wonder too
Re: Leader Of The Church Of England Admits He Has Doubts If God Exists by Damsman10(m): 8:48am On Sep 22, 2014
charleff512: Leader of the Church of England , Justin Welby has said he sometimes has doubts about God, according to BBC.
Welby the Archbishop of Canterbury made this statement in an interview with BBC Bristol, adding that he doubted in "lots of different ways".
He said: "There are moments, sure, when you think, 'Is there a God?' 'Where is God?'"
When asked about doubt by presenter Lucy Tegg, he said: "It is a really good question. I love the Psalms, if you look at Psalm 88 that's full of doubt.
"The other day I was praying over something as I was running, and I ended up saying to God 'look this is all very well, but isn't it about time you did something, if you're there?'
"Which is probably not what the Archbishop of Canterbury should say."
Welby stated that it was okay to to occasionally have doubt, and still be a Christian.
He added: "The extraordinary thing about being a Christian is that God is faithful even when we're not.
"When we get into the wrong place he comes alongside us and says, 'Right let's go from here.'"
The archbishop made his comments about doubt in front of a crowd of about 1,000 people, not all of whom were churchgoers, and the event took place on 12 September.
The comments in question were made in response to a specific question about whether he had ever struggled with doubts.
We are allowed to doubt God's existence because as humans we might be faced with circumstances that test our faith in God but it is only a fool that says there is no God(Psalm 14:1)

that is y u need 2 always read d word of God to "renew" ur faith, he should better check himself, a quick guess will be that he is gradually backsliding...

1 Like

Re: Leader Of The Church Of England Admits He Has Doubts If God Exists by Damsman10(m): 8:50am On Sep 22, 2014
Sexslave01: Not only him sometimes I wonder too

try praying n reading ur Bible more frequently , not only in Sundays n u'll be back on ur feets

1 Like

Re: Leader Of The Church Of England Admits He Has Doubts If God Exists by charleff512(m): 9:19am On Sep 22, 2014
Just say a simple and sincere prayer to God.He Exists and He is real.

(1) (Reply)

How Others See You Is Not How God Sees You / Soldiers, Masquerades Battle In Warri / Paulgrundy(yooguyz) Joagbaje's Friend Claim Healing Cancer, Test Rslt Need Invst

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.