Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,014 members, 7,821,555 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:56 PM

Why Close Friends Don't Tell People With Mouth Odour To Seek Remedy - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Why Close Friends Don't Tell People With Mouth Odour To Seek Remedy (557 Views)

Mouth Odour Awareness And Prevention / Cure For Chronic Mouth Odour. / How Do You Inform Someone Who Has Mouth Odour Without Causing Any Embarassment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Close Friends Don't Tell People With Mouth Odour To Seek Remedy by Nobody: 10:58pm On Sep 22, 2014
I'v been wondering why people suffering from mouth odour never got anyone to tell them so that they may seek remedy. One respected man was in my office today. A civil servant speaking good Queen's English. Not that I'm making jest of him, as he flaunts his good grammar, houseflies came from nowhere, seeking for the source of the bad odour that filled my office. I'v also had some friends in the past who I never felt confident to advice about the solution to their gravely stinking mouths. I couldn't turn away from that man because he came for a business but what I endured during his two hours stay in my office was like enduring a thousand years of rain. Please how can one be polite in telling a friend about it without sounding offensive?
Re: Why Close Friends Don't Tell People With Mouth Odour To Seek Remedy by Nobody: 11:01pm On Sep 22, 2014
Forget it,if you are truly close to the person you will tell the person,politely or otherwise

1 Like

Re: Why Close Friends Don't Tell People With Mouth Odour To Seek Remedy by Obynobyl(m): 11:08pm On Sep 22, 2014
Resolved It's not that easy to tell someone with mouth odour the truth but if you put yourself in the person's shoes you will definitely want him/her to tell you.

1 Like

Re: Why Close Friends Don't Tell People With Mouth Odour To Seek Remedy by shegxi(m): 11:25pm On Sep 22, 2014
It is just plain hyprocrisy!!! If u say u're close to someone and u can tel him/her d truth, i wonder how we treat our enemies den?
Anoda tin is dn't expect dem to like wat u will say even if u say it lovingly, d truth is never palatable to anyone bt we always appreciate it on d long run.

1 Like

Re: Why Close Friends Don't Tell People With Mouth Odour To Seek Remedy by Nobody: 3:04am On Sep 23, 2014
With strangers, it's definitely hard to say something.
With someone close, you ought to tell them.

It's an awkward conversation to have and you don't want to hurt their feelings, but approaching them in a gentle manner is a start and telling them you care would assure them you're not trying to be mean about it. There might be more to it than just ordinary bad breath, so they should take heed, if not for anything, for their health.

1 Like

Re: Why Close Friends Don't Tell People With Mouth Odour To Seek Remedy by Nobody: 3:22am On Sep 23, 2014
I treat relationship wit great care. Dt's why i find it dificult to tel them. I was wit a coursemate who was suferin frm mouth odour for 5years. It was lik he neva knew he was sufering frm such, judging frm d way he carried himself about. If a man is nt aware dt he needs help, trying to help him may strain d relatnship.
Re: Why Close Friends Don't Tell People With Mouth Odour To Seek Remedy by Nobody: 3:44am On Sep 23, 2014
Centrifuge4: I treat relationship wit great care. Dt's why i find it dificult to tel them. I was wit a coursemate who was suferin frm mouth odour for 5years. It was lik he neva knew he was sufering frm such, judging frm d way he carried himself about. If a man is nt aware dt he needs help, trying to help him may strain d relatnship.
If you truly care about the other individual, you would tell them the truth. If someone's unaware that they need help, that's the more reason why you should inform them. It all depends on your manner of approach. If you approach them gently and it still strains the r/ship, then you didn't have much of a r/ship to begin with.
Re: Why Close Friends Don't Tell People With Mouth Odour To Seek Remedy by Nobody: 4:44am On Sep 23, 2014
Yields:
If you truly care about the other individual, you would tell them the truth. If someone's unaware that they need help, that's the more reason why you should inform them. It all depends on your manner of approach. If you approach them gently and it still strains the r/ship, then you didn't have much of a r/ship to begin with.
U may be right somewhat. I shine in public wit enuf wellwishers(maybe friends) bt back in my room, I shut mysev to d outside world... it's my dream to live as such.

(1) (Reply)

Panic As Ebola Hits Spain And The United States / I've Never Needed To Worry / Madagascar Plague Outbreak Kills 40, Says WHO

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.