Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,708 members, 7,820,489 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:44 PM

Why In Hurry To Get Expensive Smatphone? (please Read) - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Why In Hurry To Get Expensive Smatphone? (please Read) (2540 Views)

5 Most Expensive Smartphones 2016 / Universal Method For Changing Any Huawei Android Smatphone IMEI / The Most Expensive Phones Nigerians Like (why They Are Highly Sought After) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why In Hurry To Get Expensive Smatphone? (please Read) by nurez305(m): 3:40am On Sep 23, 2014
Hmmmn!
In the year 2002, Nokia 3310 was N75,000 with N40,000 Econet sim card, but today it is N700 and the sim card is just N100.

In 2003, Samsung c100 was N48,000 and one must recharge with atleast N1,500 airtime every (2) two weeks or else the sim card will be blocked.
Today it is N800 and one don't even need to recharge to retain the sim (customers are needed).

In 2004, Sendo x with camera and 16mb memory card (one of the cheapest mp3 enabled phone back then) was N39,000. Today it is free.

In 2006, Sagem my v55 was N30,000. Today it is going for N300.

2008 nkor? Blackberry Bold 2 was N135,000.Today blackberry is no more producing new bold 2, so London-used is N10,000. You can get Nigeria used for N6,000.

If you've not started using Blackberry porch, htc, Android phone, iPad, iPhone, Playbook or Nokia 808...don't worry! Just wait and see, because before 2016 our children will be using them as toys.

*Smiles* Funny!
this makes me wonder why some girls go crazy simply because of material things.
You want z10, brazilian hair, LV bag etc remember, Beatles was the richest car in the 1980's.
THINK!
See the kind of depreciation it experienced within a short period.
BEAUTY FADES! WEALTH can also be ERASED.
Remember those with the best cars today once walked on foot, calm down and give God your time. With Him, all things are possible!

33 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Why In Hurry To Get Expensive Smatphone? (please Read) by sunstyle(m): 4:47am On Sep 23, 2014
Irony of life.

1 Like

Re: Why In Hurry To Get Expensive Smatphone? (please Read) by ITbomb(m): 5:57am On Sep 23, 2014
All I wanted was a 1gig ram android after running out of memory and the other stuff like battery , so I bought Opsson. The fone has been satisfactory until Infinix came with zero, since then I have been battling the urge to get the new phone.
But to what use, I asked myself
I don't play much 3d games on the fone cos in my opinion, the 5' screen is just too small for that.
What I'm doing doesn't need extra ram, I checked my ram just now and got 345 used out of 986, so what's the need to go to 2gig
The most tempting features are the camera at 13mp compared to 5 on my present fone, but I'm not such a photo person, then also the OS, kitkat.
But the downside is the battery and that is the main reason I'm not going for it cos I know very soon someone will come out with a rugged battery at a better price and people will start dumping the Zero for it.

8 Likes

Re: Why In Hurry To Get Expensive Smatphone? (please Read) by seunwen2(m): 6:14am On Sep 23, 2014
ITbomb: All I wanted was a 1gig ram android after running out of memory and the other stuff like battery , so I bought Opsson. The fone has been satisfactory until Infinix came with zero, since then I have been battling the urge to get the new phone.
But to what use, I asked myself
I don't play much 3d games on the fone cos in my opinion, the 5' screen is just too small for that.
What I'm doing doesn't need extra ram, I checked my ram just now and got 345 used out of 986, so what's the need to go to 2gig
The most tempting features are the camera at 13mp compared to 5 on my present fone, but I'm not such a photo person, then also the OS, kitkat.
But the downside is the battery and that is the main reason I'm not going for it cos I know very soon someone will come out with a rugged battery at a better price and people will start dumping the Zero for it.

Phone pass phone guy what of the 8 cores in Infinix Zero more processing power that will play future games am not a ram freak but a processing power freak
Re: Why In Hurry To Get Expensive Smatphone? (please Read) by ayogabriel(m): 6:23am On Sep 23, 2014
Story for the gods. That's not enough reason not to always get any phone I fancy, so far I don't soak garri and wait for it to swell up before I smoke it. #team HTC one M8. Can't wait for htc 2 series

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why In Hurry To Get Expensive Smatphone? (please Read) by Osyxcel(m): 6:27am On Sep 23, 2014
seunwen2:

Phone pass phone guy what of the 8 cores in Infinix Zero more processing power that will play future games am not a ram freak but a processing power freak

Guy, before those future games comot, better phones (octa core plus stonger battery) at even cheaper prices would be available (thanks in advance to MTK phones)
Re: Why In Hurry To Get Expensive Smatphone? (please Read) by Osyxcel(m): 6:30am On Sep 23, 2014
If U want something so bad, go for it, expensive or not, so far it will give maximum satisfaction without having to pay through your nose to have it.

In short: if U desire it n U can afford it, then U should acquire it. Shikena!

1 Like

Re: Why In Hurry To Get Expensive Smatphone? (please Read) by damcqute(m): 7:00am On Sep 23, 2014
The phone is back in stock!!! buy the GOLD VERSION NOW from konga for 23,900. It has been out of stock for 2 days now. Place your order asap, as long as you are convinced. But trust me, it makes sense.
For those who are still interested in the Infinix zero. it is back in stock, for now. Price likely to back to 30k soon.
Have a great day guys!!
Re: Why In Hurry To Get Expensive Smatphone? (please Read) by DjAndroid: 7:02am On Sep 23, 2014
Dumb post.

Let me ask you just one simple question.

DO YOU STILL USE YOUR OLD BLACK AND WHITE TELEVISION?

2 Likes

Re: Why In Hurry To Get Expensive Smatphone? (please Read) by Nobody: 7:27am On Sep 23, 2014
Op,seems you don't know the meaning of "rave of the moment",and "old school things"

Life is transient,its good to use latest thing,going extreme to get is uncalled for.

Flaunt it,if you have got it.
Re: Why In Hurry To Get Expensive Smatphone? (please Read) by ITbomb(m): 7:28am On Sep 23, 2014
seunwen2:

Guy I've followed technology for more than 20 years now, the future game you are talking about will require some new features, so what is the need for investing in a 8 core when you have not finished using 2 out of 4 cores .

People who bought iPhone 5 planned to use it for future app but iPhone 6 is here.
If you are going for phone, look for the features you would use presently, the current lifespan of any technology is getting smaller so don't buy a feature today and expect to use it in future

1 Like

Re: Why In Hurry To Get Expensive Smatphone? (please Read) by Nobody: 7:40am On Sep 23, 2014
As much as the listed points are true, that won't make me enjoy what I want at the moment.
OP, did you use nokia 3310 to post what you wrote? Do you want to wait till year 2030 before you buy an iPhone 6? I bet you don't want to use such phones by that time. I can't even buy most of the phones listed by the OP for someone at the moment.

Bottomline: Enjoy while it is day for night cometh when man can't enjoy!

3 Likes

Re: Why In Hurry To Get Expensive Smatphone? (please Read) by vieolah: 7:42am On Sep 23, 2014
Some nice phones you'll like are available. Click here to see their pictures and prices. Free home delivery and you Pay on delivery
Re: Why In Hurry To Get Expensive Smatphone? (please Read) by seunwen2(m): 7:42am On Sep 23, 2014
ITbomb:

Guy I've followed technology for more than 20 years now, the future game you are talking about will require some new features, so what is the need for investing in a 8 core when you have not finished using 2 out of 4 cores .

People who bought iPhone 5 planned to use it for future app but iPhone 6 is here.
If you are going for phone, look for the features you would use presently, the current lifespan of any technology is getting smaller so don't buy a feature today and expect to use it in future

That's true but u don't seems to get me what i mean is that it is going to handle the present games and apps with more speed and it is going to fit-in in the incoming game yet to be released
Re: Why In Hurry To Get Expensive Smatphone? (please Read) by seunwen2(m): 7:45am On Sep 23, 2014
Tho using bold 5 now since when my gionee p3 develop fault but my next device will have 8 cores
Re: Why In Hurry To Get Expensive Smatphone? (please Read) by Exjoker(m): 8:05am On Sep 23, 2014
Oya nau i don change my mind
Re: Why In Hurry To Get Expensive Smatphone? (please Read) by dridowu: 8:14am On Sep 23, 2014
If u are financially capable you don't have to wait till 2000 and something to get what you want now. I called the op post as "poverty mentality"

In the order news man to trade his girlfriend for Iphone 6
https://www.nairaland.com/1910957/man-offers-rent-girlfriend-out
Re: Why In Hurry To Get Expensive Smatphone? (please Read) by Osyxcel(m): 8:17am On Sep 23, 2014
ITbomb:

Very well said.....
Re: Why In Hurry To Get Expensive Smatphone? (please Read) by Hero10001: 9:30am On Sep 23, 2014
Yomieluv: Op,seems you don't know the meaning of "rave of the moment",and "old school things"

Life is transient,its good to use latest thing,going extreme to get is uncalled for.

Flaunt it,if you have got it.
Very apt of you.
May GOD punish poverty.
Re: Why In Hurry To Get Expensive Smatphone? (please Read) by cupidhero(m): 11:13am On Sep 23, 2014
which nokia 3310 is 700 naira?
Re: Why In Hurry To Get Expensive Smatphone? (please Read) by roufy235(m): 11:24am On Sep 23, 2014
Re: Why In Hurry To Get Expensive Smatphone? (please Read) by Raypawer(m): 12:03pm On Sep 23, 2014
shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Why In Hurry To Get Expensive Smatphone? (please Read) by Dee0907: 12:22pm On Sep 23, 2014
the best food for thought so far..i wish it sinks deep inside our hearts n souls.
Re: Why In Hurry To Get Expensive Smatphone? (please Read) by rattlesnake(m): 12:36pm On Sep 23, 2014
Bold 2 suffer our girls oooo shocked shocked
Re: Why In Hurry To Get Expensive Smatphone? (please Read) by miqos02(m): 1:06pm On Sep 23, 2014
chai, oyinbo don kill us
Re: Why In Hurry To Get Expensive Smatphone? (please Read) by constance500: 1:08pm On Sep 23, 2014
cheesy grin true talk... I could remember when someone bought Nokia E90 communicator for 90k.. Today It's 8k
Re: Why In Hurry To Get Expensive Smatphone? (please Read) by chumakk: 1:59pm On Sep 23, 2014
This is the reason i will not never buy a brand new blackberry. I will prefer to buy a London used iphone. Z10 was 100k plus when it came out but now you can get it for 25k in computer village.
Re: Why In Hurry To Get Expensive Smatphone? (please Read) by Nobody: 2:11pm On Sep 23, 2014
IMO, MOST smartphones are over-rated. I could make do with a Nokia torch-light if/when I get a tab.
Re: Why In Hurry To Get Expensive Smatphone? (please Read) by toluxa1(m): 3:23pm On Sep 23, 2014
nurez305: Hmmmn!
In the year 2002, Nokia 3310 was N75,000 with N40,000 Econet sim card, but today it is N700 and the sim card is just N100.

[size=13pt]
LIES!!! Bros where you see 3310 for N700? Eh? You can lie sha oo. Tell me where to get brand new 3310 for N700 I want to buy 1 dozen (no kidding)[/size]
Re: Why In Hurry To Get Expensive Smatphone? (please Read) by 100Cents: 3:33pm On Sep 23, 2014
I don't ask too much.

Lord, a Tecno and a Bentley are enough for me..
Re: Why In Hurry To Get Expensive Smatphone? (please Read) by dechandel(f): 9:30pm On Sep 23, 2014
Old things shall pass away lipsrsealed
And new things shall come our way undecided
Re: Why In Hurry To Get Expensive Smatphone? (please Read) by Nobody: 5:44pm On Sep 24, 2014
nurez305: In 2004, Sendo x with camera and 16mb memory card (one of the cheapest mp3 enabled phone back then) was N39,000. Today it is free.

LolZZ grin grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Please Help, Tecno H7, My Problem And A Solution Needed.. / . / 30 Different Ways To Download Any File Size With Airtel N100, N200 For 20GB

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.