Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,091 members, 7,953,324 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 02:14 PM

Apocalypse [a Horror Story] - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Apocalypse [a Horror Story] (988 Views)

Mary Apocalypse Rise of Titans / Whispers On Christmas Night (horror) / How To Survive A Zombie Apocalypse-shorts By 5mmadness (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Apocalypse [a Horror Story] by Nobody: 9:00am On Sep 23, 2014
This is another short story,hit like if you do enjoy it,i'm looking forward to reading your comments.
Yes,they were there,the end of me was near,it was my fault,my mistake,but then again,i had no choice,i had to survive; it had started a few months ago;
The government had been researching a cure,a drug to cure the dreaded ebola virus,it had been going fine,until it happened,yes,the accident that would wipe mankind,the doctors had explained on television that there had been an accident and a chemical had been mistaken for the antidote to the virus,but that was not the problem,the problem was that the drug was already on the market,yes it was,the drug was amounced as poison and all that were on the market was destroyed,but a few people had already taken it,a few innocent people,few weeks later,newspaper headlines carried scary stories,unknown creatures were attacking people,but these creatures were abducting them too,the city was in chaos,rumours of an apocalypse filled the streets,the abductions went on for weeks,it happened at random places so no one knew how to avoid them,then it stopped.48 hours later and no missing report,the government had announced that people could go about their usual duties without panic and that the case was resolved,it was believed the creatures had killed the abducted citizens and had died off too,efforts were made to find the bodies of the creatures,but there was no progress.
Dad had gone off to work,mum kissed me goodbye and warned me to stay indoors,had i known it would be our last goodbye,i wouldnt have let her go,i had waited for days,and no sign of either mum or dad,none of them had returned from work,i was scared,i had put on the tv but everything was blank,there was no station online,no one read the 9pm news,where was everybody?,i was just a 14year old kid,all alone at home,with not a clue of what was happening in the outside world,i had called my girlfriend kathy,i gave up after the 30th try,no one picked my calls,i had called dad's office number,no response,i had tried mum's but her line was dead.
It was late,August 15th, i had no supplies left at home,i would die of starvation he i didnt leave home to search for food,i made my way out of the house,our big strong gate could keep almost anything out,being one of the richest families in the city,we had taken all adequate measures to ensure that we kept robbers out,our house was the only one on our street that was fenced,then we had a big red gate mounted to keep out unwanted visitors,the high fences were spiked,i was safe at home so long as i didnt leave the house,everywhere was quiet,not even a bird in the sky,i kept thinking,where did everyone go?,i headed to the nearest fast food joint,just a corner round the street,it was quiet there too,i pushed the sliding door and walked in,the air was stale and i suddenly got a sick feeling in my stomach,i went to the back,where the kitchen was hidden,no one was in there,looking around,there were lots of spoilt food,i went to the storage room,lots of canned foods there,i grabbed a plastic bag and stuffed it with different foods,cans of hot dog,milk,soybean and anything edible i could find,i made my way out of the restaurant and quickly went back home,i closed the big red gate and it made a loud bang,you couldnt close that gate without making any noise,no matter how hard you tried,that was what attracted the monsters,i lived off on my food supply,it was enough to survive on for a few weeks,little did i know that i wouldn't need them...
It was august 19th,at 10am,i heard a loud noise outside like people shouting,then there was a loud bang on the big gate,it came again,then again,i realized then that people were trying to get past the gate,past the gate and into MY HOME!,fast forward to the present,the time is 2pm,i am lonely,confused and scared,my heart is pounding so fast in my chest,it feels like it would burst any second,my big red gate is now a a crumbled heap of metal,it had been bashed in by the creatures,they had been battering it for 4 hours straight,i knew that a few more and my gate would give way,i was right,the gate had just fallen in and hundreds of monsters made their way into my house,the first one in was a female,it was my girlfriend!,kathy,she looked just normal except that she had become too think and the white part of her eyes were blood-red,she had a big wound on her neck and i guessed that was where the creature who had infected her had bitten her,my legs felt like jelly and i fell to the floor in fear,she stood in the door way,staring at me,i was frightened to death and could only stare back at her,she opened her mouth and i noticed that she didnt have a tongue,her tongue had been replaced by a long object that looked like a fat straw,the next minute,she was on me,i screamed out in pain as she dug her teeth in my neck and bit off a whole chunk of flesh.. To be continued

2 Likes

Re: Apocalypse [a Horror Story] by Nobody: 9:10am On Sep 23, 2014
This is the continuation and climax of the above story,i'm typing with my mobile phone and so i exhausted the spaces on the page and i had to start a new page..
I screamed out in pain as she dug her teeth in my neck and bit off a whole chunk of flesh,suprisingly,she didnt chew on it but spat it out,she then dug her pointed straw-like tongue into the wound in my neck and sucked,i felt myself losing heat,these creatures fed on fat!,it felt just like the zombie apocalypse, Moments later,she was done feeding,she rolled off me and sat by my side,i noticied the other creatures had been long gone,slowly,lying in a pool of my own blood,i felt myself getting weaker,i had already lost so much blood,i felt really sick,i thought about my life,and wondered if this was the same condition in which my parents had died,as i lay there dying,i thought about what i would look like when i had turned to and became like the creatures which now walked the earth,i felt my thoughts dampen as everything went dark.
Re: Apocalypse [a Horror Story] by Timothy3113(m): 2:45pm On Sep 23, 2014
Dis will not be my portion in jesus name
Re: Apocalypse [a Horror Story] by Nobody: 9:38pm On Sep 23, 2014
Timothy3113: Dis will not be my portion in jesus name
LOL,cant laugh anymore dude,you sound scared mate,its a flippin horror story,purely fiction,i never said it would be anyone's lot.
Re: Apocalypse [a Horror Story] by renzyl(f): 10:22pm On Sep 23, 2014
Continue...I think I'm loving this
Re: Apocalypse [a Horror Story] by Nobody: 11:52pm On Sep 23, 2014
renzyl: Continue...I think I'm loving this
uh,sorry to disappoint you my lady,but it is finished,i had hinted that the 2nd post was the climax
Re: Apocalypse [a Horror Story] by renzyl(f): 1:16am On Sep 24, 2014
K
Re: Apocalypse [a Horror Story] by Nobody: 10:28am On Sep 27, 2014
Penart: This is the continuation and climax of the above story,i'm typing with my mobile phone and so i exhausted the spaces on the page and i had to start a new page..
I screamed out in pain as she dug her teeth in my neck and bit off a whole chunk of flesh,suprisingly,she didnt chew on it but spat it out,she then dug her pointed straw-like tongue into the wound in my neck and sucked,i felt myself losing heat,these creatures fed on fat!,it felt just like the zombie apocalypse, Moments later,she was done feeding,she rolled off me and sat by my side,i noticied the other creatures had been long gone,slowly,lying in a pool of my own blood,i felt myself getting weaker,i had already lost so much blood,i felt really sick,i thought about my life,and wondered if this was the same condition in which my parents had died,as i lay there dying,i thought about what i would look like when i had turned to and became like the creatures which now walked the earth,i felt my thoughts dampen as everything went dark.

Nice story man,although it would have done better if pple's sensitivities were not affected,seeing as we are still facing the scourge of Ebola. Thumbs up though.
Re: Apocalypse [a Horror Story] by Nobody: 10:35am On Sep 27, 2014
fabiano09:

Nice story man,although it would have done better if pple's sensitivities were not affected,seeing as we are still facing the scourge of Ebola. Thumbs up though.
you see,i'd wanted that exactly,i think it'd heighten the horror,you get me?

(1) (Reply)

Nairaland Page For Book Lovers / Top 5 Nigerian Bookstores / Where There's Smoke (short Story On 54 Artistry)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.