Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,585 members, 7,955,157 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 06:11 PM

Facebook To Start Charging Users $2.99(N500) Per Month - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Facebook To Start Charging Users $2.99(N500) Per Month (1496 Views)

Help! First Bank Is Charging Me Monthly Withdrawal Fee On My Savings Acct!! / Facebook To Begin Charging Users $2.99/mo Starting November 1st / Would You Be Shy To Make A N500 Counter Withdrawal? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Facebook To Start Charging Users $2.99(N500) Per Month by emmyw(m): 6:07pm On Sep 23, 2014
[img]http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ27UOHKOHXd08Y5FRA7_jULLY0FTZi_iXXYCuzoMcKiStnfwiRvum3EvU[/img]

On-line social networking
service, Facebook will start
charging its users $2.99
(almost N500) for their new
monthly plan according to
reports.

Speaking on the monthly fee at a press conference,
Facebook founder and CEO,
Mark Zuckerberg said:

[blue]‘After thinking long and hard about this decision, at the end of the day, we were forced to
add this monthly fee.’

‘If we don’t do something
about our rising costs now,
Facebook could cease to exist in the near future.’
[/blue]

Facebook Spokesman, Paul
Horner, also explained the
reason for the new monthly fee in an interview with CNN

[blue]‘Economic times are tight; the ads on Facebook are not as
profitable as we had planned.
Our costs are going up as
hundreds of thousands of
individuals continue to join the site every day, There’s so many pictures of cats, and all of those costs add up, we just can’t foot the bill any longer.’
[/blue]

Facebook was founded on
February 4, 2004, by Mark
Zuckerberg with his college
room-mates and fellow
Harvard University students,
Eduardo Saverin, Andrew McCollum, Dustin Moskovitz
and Chris Hughes.
Re: Facebook To Start Charging Users $2.99(N500) Per Month by Nobody: 6:18pm On Sep 23, 2014
I'm thinking of deleting my account.

3 Likes

Re: Facebook To Start Charging Users $2.99(N500) Per Month by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:34pm On Sep 23, 2014
Source?
Re: Facebook To Start Charging Users $2.99(N500) Per Month by Samchelsea(m): 6:44pm On Sep 23, 2014
If I stop using facebook for one month will I loose??......Nothing actually!
Re: Facebook To Start Charging Users $2.99(N500) Per Month by idu1(m): 6:45pm On Sep 23, 2014
Thank God i dont give facebook priority before. Nairaland is my facebook.

1 Like

Re: Facebook To Start Charging Users $2.99(N500) Per Month by mastercee(m): 7:39pm On Sep 23, 2014
idu1: Thank God i dont give facebook priority before. Nairaland is my facebook.

I hope Nairaland sef won't start charging one day.......

Well! I don't believe this story sha but if true bad business decision I must say
Re: Facebook To Start Charging Users $2.99(N500) Per Month by Birniwa(m): 7:47pm On Sep 23, 2014
This story is as lame as the OP. Facebook will never in any way introduce monthly fee to its users whatsoever and this is because it massively generates income by advertising. The CEO is still world's youngest billionaire in $$$$$ and advertising on Facebook helped him achieve this.
Re: Facebook To Start Charging Users $2.99(N500) Per Month by Goldenboy842(m): 8:39pm On Sep 23, 2014
Facebook z my source of income,
i will pay anytyn fr it. Thats were i get my skul fee n feeding money.
Re: Facebook To Start Charging Users $2.99(N500) Per Month by udemzyudex(m): 8:44pm On Sep 23, 2014
Only those that make money with facebook will pay that amount here in Nigeria,its all about the money but the process it will take to pay the money.

After buying whatsapp with all the money with no ad space or monthly charge the guy is going broke.
Re: Facebook To Start Charging Users $2.99(N500) Per Month by Businesstools(m): 9:08pm On Sep 23, 2014
If true, that would be the beginning of the end for Facebook.
Re: Facebook To Start Charging Users $2.99(N500) Per Month by hulkhiharitoz(m): 9:22pm On Sep 23, 2014
Goldenboy842: Facebook z my source of income,
i will pay anytyn fr it. Thats were i get my skul fee n feeding money.
how? Can u introduce me into how u make mney through facebook
Re: Facebook To Start Charging Users $2.99(N500) Per Month by kunletoks(m): 10:23pm On Sep 23, 2014
If this is true, then I will deactivated my account.
Re: Facebook To Start Charging Users $2.99(N500) Per Month by Samabu07(m): 10:52pm On Sep 23, 2014
I doubt if the Facebook Team would draw up such conclusion.
Secondly, I doubt this post I'm on and the source too.
Re: Facebook To Start Charging Users $2.99(N500) Per Month by toluxa1(m): 11:02pm On Sep 23, 2014
[size=13pt]Finally I can reduce my facebook usage from twice in a month to zero times in a decade

In other related matters : STORY IS ENTIRELY FALSE[/size]
Re: Facebook To Start Charging Users $2.99(N500) Per Month by Goldenboy842(m): 10:46am On Sep 24, 2014
hulkhiharitoz: how? Can u introduce me into how u make mney through facebook
I sell active email addresses to online business marketers n also sell my ebooks on facebook.
Re: Facebook To Start Charging Users $2.99(N500) Per Month by mrbigman(m): 11:20am On Sep 24, 2014
This post is a hoax!
Here is the proof www.au.ibtimes.com/articles/567403/20140924/facebook-social-media-networking-sites-services-news.htm
seun pls ban emmyw for spreading false rumors
Re: Facebook To Start Charging Users $2.99(N500) Per Month by destante(f): 11:36am On Sep 24, 2014
Lacomus: I'm thinking of deleting my account.
honestly can't remember when last I accessed that site. undecided
Re: Facebook To Start Charging Users $2.99(N500) Per Month by dammylarey(m): 12:27pm On Sep 24, 2014
hulkhiharitoz: how? Can u introduce me into how u make mney through facebook
@hulkhiharitoz Create good posts. The foundation of any successful plan to make money with social media is good content, and lots of it. On Facebook, that means a stream of interesting links, images, and updates every day.
Search and locate a niche and write posts there. For example, maybe you'll post content for job seekers or unemployed graduates, free tuition and work oversea or market a product with your account and link the product to your posts may be as an affiliate or referral etc. wink
Re: Facebook To Start Charging Users $2.99(N500) Per Month by THRILLING: 4:02pm On Sep 24, 2014
emmyw: [img]http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ27UOHKOHXd08Y5FRA7_jULLY0FTZi_iXXYCuzoMcKiStnfwiRvum3EvU[/img]

On-line social networking
service, Facebook will start
charging its users $2.99
(almost N500) for their new
monthly plan according to
reports.

Speaking on the monthly fee at a press conference,
Facebook founder and CEO,
Mark Zuckerberg said:

[blue]‘After thinking long and hard about this decision, at the end of the day, we were forced to
add this monthly fee.’

‘If we don’t do something
about our rising costs now,
Facebook could cease to exist in the near future.’
[/blue]

Facebook Spokesman, Paul
Horner, also explained the
reason for the new monthly fee in an interview with CNN

[blue]‘Economic times are tight; the ads on Facebook are not as
profitable as we had planned.
Our costs are going up as
hundreds of thousands of
individuals continue to join the site every day, There’s so many pictures of cats, and all of those costs add up, we just can’t foot the bill any longer.’
[/blue]

Facebook was founded on
February 4, 2004, by Mark
Zuckerberg with his college
room-mates and fellow
Harvard University students,
Eduardo Saverin, Andrew McCollum, Dustin Moskovitz
and Chris Hughes.
Mtcheeew!!!
Re: Facebook To Start Charging Users $2.99(N500) Per Month by Goldenboy842(m): 8:25pm On Sep 24, 2014
Facebook z now a market place.
Look for a product n u will sell well.
Re: Facebook To Start Charging Users $2.99(N500) Per Month by Nobody: 10:08pm On Sep 24, 2014
I'll only give a phock when seun say we should start paying to use nairaland.

what's my Facebook id again?
Re: Facebook To Start Charging Users $2.99(N500) Per Month by deleo16(m): 11:42pm On Sep 24, 2014
idu1: Thank God i dont give facebook priority before. Nairaland is my facebook.
taught its only me last time I visited was my birthday naira land now my fb but they should watch their back just like whatsapp telegram is watching
Re: Facebook To Start Charging Users $2.99(N500) Per Month by leuelliot(m): 11:43pm On Sep 24, 2014
Bs story

Re: Facebook To Start Charging Users $2.99(N500) Per Month by coolk(m): 11:58pm On Sep 24, 2014
Hmmm

(1) (Reply)

A Fund Cooperative Club That Will Help You Raise Enough Money To Start A Biz / What Happens To Nigerians In The Diaspora Without BVN Number? / Viable Watermelon And Cucumber Seeds For Sale..... Limited Supply. Buy Now!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.