Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,069 members, 7,821,673 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:39 PM

12 Promises You Should Make To Yourself And Keep Forever - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 12 Promises You Should Make To Yourself And Keep Forever (2408 Views)

ASUU Promises To End Strike As FG Shifts Ground / Jamb Should Make Purchase Of Forms Online Not Only Through Banks / ASUU Introduces ‘UNILAG Forever’ Badge To Discredit Renaming (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

12 Promises You Should Make To Yourself And Keep Forever by IamK2I(m): 1:29pm On Sep 24, 2014
Life is not all rainbows and butterflies. It can be tough sometimes. And you’ve paid a heavy price to get this far, so the best option is to really make it count by moving forward from where you are. Free yourself from the world’s negativity – from the sources of ignorance telling you what you can and cannot do – by promising to look
ahead, to live ahead, and to get ahead. In other words, start making positive promises to yourself!
Promise to fight back, to fight harder, to laugh louder and longer and slap adversity back into its seat whenever it dares to stand against you. Promise to be a force to be reckoned with – because you are a force to be reckoned with.

Make these promises to yourself, and keep them forever.

Repeat after me: “I promise…”

1. “I will not hold the past against myself.”
2. “I will own my life and never deny responsibility for it.”
3. “I will speak kindly and consciously to myself.”
4. “I will listen to what my heart and soul is telling me.”
5. “I will live a life that feels right to me, not one that looks right to others.”
6. “I will let go of relationships that are obviously not meant to be.”
7. “I will not let any situation permanently steal my smile.”
8. “I will celebrate and appreciate the life I have.”
9. “I will realize and use my power to make a difference.”
10. “I will dedicate myself to personal excellence.”
11. “I will keep stretching myself beyond my previous level of comfort.”
12. “I will embrace the changes I know I need to make.”

In a world where vows are often left unfulfilled – where making a pledge means less than it used to – it would be nice to see words come back into power, wouldn’t it?
Promise yourself and then prove it!

You could add yours below.

Don't forget the image you have of yourself in the future depends on the actions you watch yourself take today.

@IamK2I

18 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 12 Promises You Should Make To Yourself And Keep Forever by naturally: 1:35pm On Sep 24, 2014
This is good

2 Likes

Re: 12 Promises You Should Make To Yourself And Keep Forever by IamK2I(m): 1:48pm On Sep 24, 2014
naturally: This is good
Thanks Bruv.
Re: 12 Promises You Should Make To Yourself And Keep Forever by kelechiMarie(f): 3:50pm On Sep 24, 2014
Okay
Re: 12 Promises You Should Make To Yourself And Keep Forever by babtunsk(m): 4:00pm On Sep 24, 2014
Nice 1
cool
Re: 12 Promises You Should Make To Yourself And Keep Forever by Nobody: 4:50pm On Sep 24, 2014
no *shit* shebi na promise
Re: 12 Promises You Should Make To Yourself And Keep Forever by Extom(m): 5:10pm On Sep 24, 2014
13. I promise to keep this promises to myself, no matter how hard and dire it may be at some points in time.

3 Likes

Re: 12 Promises You Should Make To Yourself And Keep Forever by echo2(m): 5:29pm On Sep 24, 2014
This is wonderful. More power to your elbow.

2 Likes

Re: 12 Promises You Should Make To Yourself And Keep Forever by Katier00(f): 6:00pm On Sep 24, 2014
Dnt always play the fool in a your relationship, sometimes stand up for what you believe and dnt be sorry for it

3 Likes

Re: 12 Promises You Should Make To Yourself And Keep Forever by Cmoyor: 6:42pm On Sep 24, 2014
Nice Post.... Kip it up
Re: 12 Promises You Should Make To Yourself And Keep Forever by Nobody: 6:43pm On Sep 24, 2014
Nice Post, Op
Re: 12 Promises You Should Make To Yourself And Keep Forever by Boyoboy9(m): 7:01pm On Sep 24, 2014
Ok. I go try
Re: 12 Promises You Should Make To Yourself And Keep Forever by SMALLPENIS(f): 7:25pm On Sep 24, 2014
I promise to remind myself that I will promise myself that I will promise to keep these promises...
and then keep the promises.
Re: 12 Promises You Should Make To Yourself And Keep Forever by Raypawer(m): 8:07pm On Sep 24, 2014
I will never let my Dreams Die a Dream...

I will always be the real me..

I will always keep my focus Right..

1 Like

Re: 12 Promises You Should Make To Yourself And Keep Forever by egopersonified(f): 8:32pm On Sep 24, 2014
This piece should be on my mirror.

2 Likes

Re: 12 Promises You Should Make To Yourself And Keep Forever by Mrval20(m): 9:57pm On Sep 24, 2014
I'll never try to be anyone else...I'm unique.

2 Likes

Re: 12 Promises You Should Make To Yourself And Keep Forever by rattlesnake(m): 10:23pm On Sep 24, 2014
Too much

Only me waka come??
Re: 12 Promises You Should Make To Yourself And Keep Forever by nwaobitex: 11:09pm On Sep 24, 2014
promise ke

1 Like

Re: 12 Promises You Should Make To Yourself And Keep Forever by Nobody: 1:52am On Sep 25, 2014
Very nice, I like this.
Re: 12 Promises You Should Make To Yourself And Keep Forever by louiskay(m): 7:09am On Sep 25, 2014
Awesome
Re: 12 Promises You Should Make To Yourself And Keep Forever by IamK2I(m): 9:35am On Sep 25, 2014
louiskay: Awesome
Thanks Man.

Help let's put this on the Front Page. Keep Sharing and Commenting. Knowledge Is Power.
Re: 12 Promises You Should Make To Yourself And Keep Forever by PrinceAdepoju(m): 10:56am On Sep 25, 2014
13. I promise never to look down or feel inferior to others, but be a great guy which I am.

14. I promise to be humble and make a difference in my generation.

...So help me God.

1 Like

Re: 12 Promises You Should Make To Yourself And Keep Forever by IamK2I(m): 12:15pm On Sep 25, 2014
PrinceAdepoju: 13. I promise never to look down or feel inferior to others, but be a great guy which I am.

14. I promise to be humble and make a difference in my generation.

...So help me God.

Amen
Re: 12 Promises You Should Make To Yourself And Keep Forever by Dbestmax(m): 12:58pm On Sep 25, 2014
I lik ds...If I c ds on the front page ..I'ld feel better than reading up stuff about 1 thief somwia buying private jets wit his state's funds..Am Impressed op!!!
Re: 12 Promises You Should Make To Yourself And Keep Forever by Nobody: 2:57pm On Sep 25, 2014
Let me quickly add mine: i promise to made the impossibility possible.
Re: 12 Promises You Should Make To Yourself And Keep Forever by funshyboi(m): 4:39pm On Sep 25, 2014
I ill never sight any lady till I finished uni,,,,
Re: 12 Promises You Should Make To Yourself And Keep Forever by Nobody: 4:53pm On Sep 25, 2014
funshyboi: I ill never sight any lady till I finished uni,,,,
lolz! I pray o

1 Like

Re: 12 Promises You Should Make To Yourself And Keep Forever by niggi4life(m): 5:54pm On Sep 25, 2014
This is lovely and motivational.
These are things that are meant to be on the FP.
I promise to keep all the promises that i have just read here
Re: 12 Promises You Should Make To Yourself And Keep Forever by IamK2I(m): 6:47pm On Sep 25, 2014
Lol. Make I hear!

1 Like

Re: 12 Promises You Should Make To Yourself And Keep Forever by simdam500(m): 9:32pm On Sep 25, 2014
think and think over again...

I can as well modify it if u ask me to wink
Re: 12 Promises You Should Make To Yourself And Keep Forever by funshyboi(m): 2:05am On Sep 26, 2014
simdam500: think and think over again...

I can as well modify it if u ask me to wink
believe me man
Re: 12 Promises You Should Make To Yourself And Keep Forever by gift01: 7:31am On Sep 26, 2014

(1) (Reply)

Funny Memories Of Those Days; Do You Remember? / 2015/2016 UNIZIK Official Departmental Cut Off Marks And Aggregates Released / Breaking: Yoshinori Ohsumi Wins Nobel Prize In Medicine For Work On Autophagy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.