Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,544 members, 7,827,036 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:18 AM

Is It Illegal To Run 2 Master Programs Simultaneously In Seperate Institutions? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Is It Illegal To Run 2 Master Programs Simultaneously In Seperate Institutions? (2371 Views)

Nigerian Quadruplets Graduates Simultaneously with Masters Degree In UK / NUC Releases List Of Illegal Tertiary Institutions In Nigeria / Is It Illegal To Buy Dead Bodies In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Illegal To Run 2 Master Programs Simultaneously In Seperate Institutions? by Rumpelstiltskin(m): 12:57am On May 24, 2015
I intend to pick the UNN PG form currently on sale and that of Unilag when it becomes available. I hope to run seperate master degree programmes in the two institutions simultaneously (one full time and the other part-time).

Is there is any illegality in this?

Also, I'll like to know if any Nairalander has done this successfully in the past.

Meaningful contributions are highly appreciated!
Re: Is It Illegal To Run 2 Master Programs Simultaneously In Seperate Institutions? by Nobody: 1:07am On May 24, 2015
Rumpelstiltskin:
I intend to pick the UNN PG form currently on sale and that of Unilag when it becomes available. I hope to run seperate master degree programmes in the two institutions simultaneously (one full time and the other part-time).

Also, I'll like to know if any Nairalander has done this successfully in the past.

Meaningful contributions are highly appreciated!

I have done 2 masters. Overlapping but in the same field. Online MSC in Finance and an MBA in Business all online. Similar dissertation. I don't know if it works bricks n mortar though

1 Like

Re: Is It Illegal To Run 2 Master Programs Simultaneously In Seperate Institutions? by Rumpelstiltskin(m): 1:17am On May 24, 2015
voltron:

I have done 2 masters. Overlapping but in the same field. Online MSC in Finance and an MBA in Business all online. Similar dissertation. I don't know if it works bricks n mortar though

Wow! Really impressive. Though I believe it would have been a bit easier for you as both degrees are quite similar and both online, yet it is not an easy task to pursue two advanced degrees at almost the same time.

I'm looking at MSc Health Economics (UNN) part time and MSc Environmental Toxicology (UNILAG) full time. Thanks for your contribution bro.
Re: Is It Illegal To Run 2 Master Programs Simultaneously In Seperate Institutions? by Mrbigman1(m): 7:41am On May 24, 2015
I dnt think so but dnt u think the distance is just too wide a range for travel in case of commitment?

I am picking up my own form by August in uniben.

I wish I run it in unizik wia I graduated from but I work in warri and the distance scares me off.

1 Like

Re: Is It Illegal To Run 2 Master Programs Simultaneously In Seperate Institutions? by Rumpelstiltskin(m): 2:48pm On May 24, 2015
Mrbigman1:
I dnt think so but dnt u think the distance is just too wide a range for travel in case of commitment?

I am picking up my own form by August in uniben.

I wish I run it in unizik wia I graduated from but I work in warri and the distance scares me off.

Yea, I know the distance is a little wide.......but I willing to make that sacrifice (both financial, time and energy) to achieve this.

Uniben is a very good school to pursue a postgraduate degree........I also believe it's cool to explore the standards of other institutions especially at PG level. Uniben is not a bad choice bro.

1 Like

Re: Is It Illegal To Run 2 Master Programs Simultaneously In Seperate Institutions? by Rumpelstiltskin(m): 2:56am On Jun 10, 2015
More opinion will be appreciated please.
Re: Is It Illegal To Run 2 Master Programs Simultaneously In Seperate Institutions? by emeuzo(m): 11:41pm On Jun 21, 2015
I was just searching for the answer to this question in Google and got redirected to your post. Am facing same challenge here. I stay in abia state and planning MSC in medical microbiology and industrial microbiology in FUTO and UNIPORT (MOUAU an alternative). Part-time n full time too. Please viewers don't just glance through, throw more light, even a sentence might help.
Re: Is It Illegal To Run 2 Master Programs Simultaneously In Seperate Institutions? by naijainstinct: 12:51am On Jun 29, 2015
Rumpelstiltskin:
Meaningful contributions are highly appreciated![/quote[quote author=emeuzo post=35010532]I was just searching for the answer to this question in Google and got redirected to your post. Am facing same challenge here. I stay in abia state and planning MSC in medical microbiology and industrial microbiology in FUTO and UNIPORT (MOUAU an alternative). Part-time n full time too. Please viewers don't just glance through, throw more light, even a sentence might help.
Please I'm also interested. Nairalanders abeg make una comment now!

(1) (Reply)

Jamb Lesson Centers In Portharcourt / Fully Complied Postal/zip Codes In Nigeria For All States / Signs On The Sky (myths Or Mystery) Pictures Attached.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.