Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,910 members, 7,821,173 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:16 AM

HELP!!! My PC Keyboard Is Misbehaving - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / HELP!!! My PC Keyboard Is Misbehaving (1717 Views)

15 Keyboard Shortcuts Every Computer Geek Should Know / Do You Have A Laptop:The Keyboard Is Not Working Or Malfunctioning? Here's A Fix / Pls Help.my The Enter Key On My Laptop Keyboard Is No Longer Working.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

HELP!!! My PC Keyboard Is Misbehaving by ITgenuis: 2:03pm On Sep 24, 2014
Please help. My keyboard is mis-typing some symbols.
It shows " instead of the at symbol and shows £ instead of the hash symbol.
I also don't know where to locate the pipe symbol (the vertical bar).
Can someone help me pls
Re: HELP!!! My PC Keyboard Is Misbehaving by Tolzeal(m): 2:09pm On Sep 24, 2014
ITgenuis: Please help. My keyboard is mis-typing some symbols.
It shows " instead of the at symbol and shows £ instead of the hash symbol.
I also don't know where to locate the pipe symbol (the vertical bar).
Can someone help me pls

There are some keyboards like that.
is this just happening or u just got the new lappy?
Re: HELP!!! My PC Keyboard Is Misbehaving by ITgenuis: 2:25pm On Sep 24, 2014
It started when i changed my OS to win 8
Re: HELP!!! My PC Keyboard Is Misbehaving by jacabi(m): 2:46pm On Sep 24, 2014
You better take it to isolation centre may be he don catch ebola. Any way, may be your system is not campatible with the new os.
Re: HELP!!! My PC Keyboard Is Misbehaving by Tolzeal(m): 2:58pm On Sep 24, 2014
ITgenuis: It started when i changed my OS to win 8

TRY THIS AND SEE IF PROBLEM STILL HAPPENING WITH THE ONSCREEN BOARD

Open On-Screen Keyboard by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button, clicking All Programs, clicking Accessories, clicking Ease of Access, and then clicking On-Screen Keyboard.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: HELP!!! My PC Keyboard Is Misbehaving by ITgenuis: 3:06pm On Sep 24, 2014
Tolzeal:

TRY THIS AND SEE IF PROBLEM STILL HAPPENING WITH THE ONSCREEN BOARD

Open On-Screen Keyboard by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button, clicking All Programs, clicking Accessories, clicking Ease of Access, and then clicking On-Screen Keyboard.

Its not happening there.
Re: HELP!!! My PC Keyboard Is Misbehaving by Tolzeal(m): 3:19pm On Sep 24, 2014
ITgenuis:

Its not happening there.

ok fine. try download driver genius pro, and let it update some drivers for u.
am sure it will work fine.

1 Like

Re: HELP!!! My PC Keyboard Is Misbehaving by DaGC(m): 4:05pm On Sep 24, 2014
Dude, don't download drivers or install anything. Its a simple case of the keyboard layout/language being changed.
With what you just described, the keyboard layout is on 'United Kingdom' when it should be on United states.

Go to control panel. Select 'Clock, language and region', then select language. It would then show you the current input language. Click on 'options', then on the 'input method' tab click on 'add an input method'. Scroll down the list and choose one of the US QWERTY keyboard layouts. Then remove the former input method and you are good to go.
You are welcome in advance.

BTW, with a name like 'ITgenius', I trust you are into ICT. Cheers.

1 Like

Re: HELP!!! My PC Keyboard Is Misbehaving by ogunnubio(m): 9:22pm On Oct 05, 2014
DaGC:
Dude, don't download drivers or install anything. Its a simple case of the keyboard layout/language being changed.
With what you just described, the keyboard layout is on 'United Kingdom' when it should be on United states.

Go to control panel. Select 'Clock, language and region', then select language. It would then show you the current input language. Click on 'options', then on the 'input method' tab click on 'add an input method'. Scroll down the list and choose one of the US QWERTY keyboard layouts. Then remove the former input method and you are good to go.
You are welcome in advance.

BTW, with a name like 'ITgenius', I trust you are into ICT. Cheers.
daz d soln man, jst follow d instructions nd u'd b gud to go

(1) (Reply)

How To Get 4.5gb Data Valid For 30days With 24hours Browsing For A Token / Zinox Technologies Computers Desktops Laptops Tablets Mega Sales / Any PC Emulator Better Than Vmware?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.