Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,008 members, 7,817,973 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:40 AM

Pictures Of Air Conditioned Pedestrian Bridge In Port Harcourt. - Travel (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Pictures Of Air Conditioned Pedestrian Bridge In Port Harcourt. (81777 Views)

Kerosene Likely Cause Of Air Crashes – Otedola / Pedestrian Bridge Collapses On Taxi In Kano, 7 Die (Photo) / Ogun State To Construct Air-conditioned Pedestrian Bridge. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures Of Air Conditioned Pedestrian Bridge In Port Harcourt. by Bagwellz(m): 7:40pm On Sep 24, 2014
dj187: Just a matter of time before Mad men & women will dump their load there grin
lamo!!!
Re: Pictures Of Air Conditioned Pedestrian Bridge In Port Harcourt. by PhockPhockMan: 7:41pm On Sep 24, 2014
Truckpusher: Just kidding man.
You're taking things too serious grin
One love grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Pictures Of Air Conditioned Pedestrian Bridge In Port Harcourt. by Truckpusher(m): 7:41pm On Sep 24, 2014
chukkiephil: no matter who's money it is even tho logically it is the Rivers state people's money because we all know that Nigeria major income is oil and we know where the oil comes from ryt? And even for the mere fact that they are Nigerians it is their money!!! Funny enough NDDC is for Nigerdelta people of which Rivers state is among! So it is their money!! NDDC can do better than that provide the basic amenities FIRST!!! Which power will power the brigde? Gen? For 24hrs? And for how long?? The cost of running and maintance is too much and it will be a contract (hyperinflated) awarded to one poliTHEIFcian as a reward and the masses will be suffering and smiling like everything is fine!!!
You have a point but the truth is there are basic amenities that NDDC budget can carry and do within their jurisdiction .
But again why creating NDDC in the first place when you have a govt in the state?

NDDC was created to pacify the Niger Delta elites who would use that avenue to collect from the national cake.
everything about this country is so fraudulent in nature.
Re: Pictures Of Air Conditioned Pedestrian Bridge In Port Harcourt. by pekeyim: 7:41pm On Sep 24, 2014
How can people be saying Nice Bridge Seriously Why didn't they just continue the Bridge until u get inside the Building, Curious how much this project must have costed the commission. Because you decided to put your car park opposite your office, you had to use public Funds to make an "air conditioned " foot bridge? Mean while the communities you are meant to develop don't have basic amenities or facilities? Spending huge funds on Security alone!!!.... SHAME!!!
Re: Pictures Of Air Conditioned Pedestrian Bridge In Port Harcourt. by Deepfreezer(m): 7:42pm On Sep 24, 2014
naughtylagosguy:

I am not against the bridge, I am against the air condition in the bridge. There's really no need for it.
Yes their is need for it. I bet if ure a staff with nddc u won't be saying this. the weather in Nigeria is already too hot. go to u.a.e and Qatar. bus stops hv air conditioner. same with foot bridge.
Re: Pictures Of Air Conditioned Pedestrian Bridge In Port Harcourt. by kenex4ever(m): 7:43pm On Sep 24, 2014
optimumprimus: a lot of nigerians have very bad body odour because they allow the sweat on their skin to dry.
always shower a with a warm water (not cool water)as soon as possible after sweating.
I thought it's even not advisable for someone to bath while sweating (according to my secondary school biology teacher) that it causes body odour, I may be wrong or right, throw more light if u r sure u know.
Re: Pictures Of Air Conditioned Pedestrian Bridge In Port Harcourt. by kenex4ever(m): 7:44pm On Sep 24, 2014
destante: Lol he was jes trolling. Don't mind him
Allwhite
Re: Pictures Of Air Conditioned Pedestrian Bridge In Port Harcourt. by kenex4ever(m): 7:46pm On Sep 24, 2014
eleojo23: He just dropped the comment and logged out. Let's wait for him to come explain himself. smiley
Abi o
Re: Pictures Of Air Conditioned Pedestrian Bridge In Port Harcourt. by Bagwellz(m): 7:48pm On Sep 24, 2014
undecided

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Air Conditioned Pedestrian Bridge In Port Harcourt. by darnley16(m): 7:48pm On Sep 24, 2014
See all of una, build una own na and stop hating ph's abeg , make una park well , proudly Pitakwa boy to the core
Re: Pictures Of Air Conditioned Pedestrian Bridge In Port Harcourt. by Goandie: 7:49pm On Sep 24, 2014
PhockPhockMan: I mumu o o.
Are u just knowin
Re: Pictures Of Air Conditioned Pedestrian Bridge In Port Harcourt. by naughtylagosguy(m): 7:49pm On Sep 24, 2014
Deepfreezer: Yes their is need for it. I bet if ure a staff with nddc u won't be saying this. the weather in Nigeria is already too hot. go to u.a.e and Qatar. bus stops hv air conditioner. same with foot bridge.

I'm not surprised with ur comment. Ur moniker says it all. They (NDDC staffs) can't possibly spend more than 2 minutes inside the air conditioned bridge and yet u complain of weather.

U also said UAE and Qatar have air conditioned bus stops. Don't even bring that into the discussion. Nigeria still lacks many basic amenities, providing air condition inside a pedestrian bridge is sheer waste of public fund. Why not equip classrooms with air condition?
Re: Pictures Of Air Conditioned Pedestrian Bridge In Port Harcourt. by PhockPhockMan: 7:58pm On Sep 24, 2014
slimmoney: na tecno fone OP use
Which one year father bought for me?
Re: Pictures Of Air Conditioned Pedestrian Bridge In Port Harcourt. by PhockPhockMan: 8:00pm On Sep 24, 2014
SporaD8: [color=#006600][/color] Thank you jare. Fashola has done more and will even do better just to discourage pedestrian from crossing the highway.
pictures or............

Re: Pictures Of Air Conditioned Pedestrian Bridge In Port Harcourt. by Forwetinnah: 8:04pm On Sep 24, 2014
sniperwolf: OP, why didn't you take pictures of the interior? I hope they won't ask for money to use the bridge.

Bridge isn't open to the public..its mainly for NDDC clients and Visitors. People stood in long queues just to get into the building not minding the weather before now
Re: Pictures Of Air Conditioned Pedestrian Bridge In Port Harcourt. by tomiobj(m): 8:07pm On Sep 24, 2014
PhockPhockMan: The bridge had been there for over four years.

With uninterrupted air conditioning?
Re: Pictures Of Air Conditioned Pedestrian Bridge In Port Harcourt. by pekeyim: 8:10pm On Sep 24, 2014
PhockPhockMan: The bridge had been there for over four years.
That's a fat lie. That bridge hasn't been there for up to 2 years.
Re: Pictures Of Air Conditioned Pedestrian Bridge In Port Harcourt. by Nobody: 8:12pm On Sep 24, 2014
Re: Pictures Of Air Conditioned Pedestrian Bridge In Port Harcourt. by Kessyy2k4(m): 8:15pm On Sep 24, 2014
making air-condition out doorcheesy grin Nigeria with waste resources culture,:/the natural air will be cheap & better for any pedestrian outside. hate this govtsad
Re: Pictures Of Air Conditioned Pedestrian Bridge In Port Harcourt. by Forwetinnah: 8:18pm On Sep 24, 2014
pekeyim: How can people be saying Nice Bridge Seriously Why didn't they just continue the Bridge until u get inside the Building, Curious how much this project must have costed the commission. Because you decided to put your car park opposite your office, you had to use public Funds to make an "air conditioned " foot bridge? Mean while the communities you are meant to develop don't have basic amenities or facilities? Spending huge funds on Security alone!!!.... SHAME!!!

My brother, the 2power stations for Electricity distribution has been down for only God knows how long..the light situation in PH has been hectic and ameachi the Governor of the century won't bulge, one would expect corperations like NDDC to come to our rescue..worsai?! They're busy building airconditioned bridges
Re: Pictures Of Air Conditioned Pedestrian Bridge In Port Harcourt. by PhockPhockMan: 8:24pm On Sep 24, 2014
FLYGERIAN91: theres sth like that in lagos.... Even better..... On ur way to Lekki after Kanu Nwankwo's Hotel..... But that one connects two buildings on either side of the road. One building is d company's staff quaters, the other is the company itself....
Pictures or........................
Re: Pictures Of Air Conditioned Pedestrian Bridge In Port Harcourt. by sheffyUTD(m): 8:24pm On Sep 24, 2014
Oliveronline: leave am for us... na ur oil?

I can't be more sorry for people like you. Perhaps you're a graduate or underG with so many uncertainties of what to eat, lay your head and your life while some are squadering what supposed to be 'yours' the way they want unchecked, and the best you could say is this

***Sorry*** but i'm worried***

#ShameOfACountry
Re: Pictures Of Air Conditioned Pedestrian Bridge In Port Harcourt. by okhuoya: 8:32pm On Sep 24, 2014
This is wonderful
Timzy234: Nigeria, we're growing greater.
Re: Pictures Of Air Conditioned Pedestrian Bridge In Port Harcourt. by PhockPhockMan: 8:36pm On Sep 24, 2014
gemini35:
Bro I,have use it,times without number and the air condition is blazing,an industrial air condition
Don't mind people like justi4jesu.
Re: Pictures Of Air Conditioned Pedestrian Bridge In Port Harcourt. by bedfordng(m): 8:39pm On Sep 24, 2014
so its for their staffs only
Re: Pictures Of Air Conditioned Pedestrian Bridge In Port Harcourt. by remikunle: 8:39pm On Sep 24, 2014
wonders never end
Re: Pictures Of Air Conditioned Pedestrian Bridge In Port Harcourt. by MabraO: 8:50pm On Sep 24, 2014
PhockPhockMan: Which friend?

Didn't u see my there
Re: Pictures Of Air Conditioned Pedestrian Bridge In Port Harcourt. by Nobody: 8:54pm On Sep 24, 2014
PhockPhockMan: It is situated at the front of NDDC headquarter near GRA junction Aba road, PortHarcourt. It constructed by NDDC for easy movement of their visitors and clients to their office from the other side of the road. It's fully air conditioned and secured.
While the surrounding environment is like a waste management ground.Ptui! angry angry angry cry
Re: Pictures Of Air Conditioned Pedestrian Bridge In Port Harcourt. by djwolecxy: 9:09pm On Sep 24, 2014
dj187: Just a matter of time before Mad men & women will dump their load there grin
grin grin
Re: Pictures Of Air Conditioned Pedestrian Bridge In Port Harcourt. by Nobody: 9:14pm On Sep 24, 2014
a "white elephant"

Here is the story behind the idiom's origin:

The term derives from the story that the kings of Siam would present of one of these opulent, majestic animals to obnoxious courtiers, in order to ruin them with the cost of its maintenance. A backhanded gift.

In modern usage, it is an object, scheme, business venture, facility, etc., which its owner cannot dispose of and whose cost, particularly that of maintenance, is out of proportion to its usefulness (it may even be purely decorative).

Get it? It's a gorgeous, awe-inspiring pet that does absolutely nothing, but requires a great deal of expense to obtain (or purchase) and take care of (maintain).

In this case, the construction and cost of maintenance outweigh the value of the bridge. That is, zero. What money is the bridge bringing in? Is there an entrance fee? Will the bridge bring tourists to an industrial area? To spend money where? Not to mention the bridge might be the nicest thing there, and they aren't even allowed to use it??

Meanwhile, the sunk cost of construction, and the ongoing cost of maintenance--daily electricity, upkeep of the lights and air conditioners, the salaries of the security required to restrict access (*eyeroll* how is this even legally possible? Do they own the land the bridge was built on?), salaries of the cleaning staff--until infinity, or they realize they can't afford to maintain it, and it becomes just a regular bridge.

The bridge will never make up the expense of its construction and maintenance. That is what is meant by a "white elephant".

It would make sense if it was built to attract potential customers to an area. People who will justify the cost by spending money. But this is for the use of people who are costing money through their salaries What kind of financial strategy is this?

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Air Conditioned Pedestrian Bridge In Port Harcourt. by Madamspeaker(f): 9:15pm On Sep 24, 2014
Bryan12: Look dude I drive within that axis at least two times every single day.Believe me if I say that I've never seen a single person making use of that brigde.
na lie...its being used.
Re: Pictures Of Air Conditioned Pedestrian Bridge In Port Harcourt. by darkroses(m): 9:23pm On Sep 24, 2014
Doing the right tin in the wrong place

Naija I hail oo

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Diary Of A Nigeria Student Living In Saint Petersburg, Russia. / Heavy Rain In Onitsha Sweeps Cars, Occupants, 3 Bankers Away (Photos) / What The Lagos/Ibadan Expressway Looks Like (Photos, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.