Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,999 members, 7,817,956 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:54 PM

Where Are They? Peter Okoye Wants STYL Plus Back - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Where Are They? Peter Okoye Wants STYL Plus Back (4348 Views)

Jude Okoye Wants You To See His N1.5 Million Niara Diamond Hublot Wristwatch / FINALLY: [photo] Wizkid And Jude Okoye Wants You To See Their Illuminati Sign / Styl-Plus: Is Zeal Married? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where Are They? Peter Okoye Wants STYL Plus Back by ConnectMee: 4:10pm On Sep 24, 2014
Soul singing, all-boys group, STYL Plus were the rave of the moment in the late ’90s, but suddenly fizzled out in the early 2000s, thus breaking the hearts of many of their fans including Peter Okoye of the P-Square fame.

Zeal, Tunde and Shifi of the defunct STYL Plus group won the ladies’ hearts with their cool looks and beautiful R ‘n’ B hits like Olufunmi, Runaway, Call My Name amongst others before suddenly packing up.

But perhaps treading down memory lane and feeling nostalgic about the sudden demise of the group that was famously referred to as Africa’s Boys II Men, Peter Okoye tweeted:

“Just saw (some) of der videos… To be honest these guys are so talented. Still missing this wonderful group till date… #StylPlus”

Many of their fans like Peter Okoye had wondered why the group just disappeared from the scene.Speculations however have it that their refusal to relocate to the musical capital of Nigeria, Lagos from their base in Abuja, and their individual differences may have attributed to the group’s collapse.

http://connectme.ng/where-are-they-peter-okoye-wants-styl-plus-back/

Re: Where Are They? Peter Okoye Wants STYL Plus Back by boix(m): 4:14pm On Sep 24, 2014
Lost in oblivion, they should try a comeback mayb nigerians will embrace a new styl.
Re: Where Are They? Peter Okoye Wants STYL Plus Back by quinnboy: 4:42pm On Sep 24, 2014
they were once my pick

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Where Are They? Peter Okoye Wants STYL Plus Back by Airforce1(m): 4:48pm On Sep 24, 2014
I don't like their style of music

Dulling and makes me feel sleepy
€
Re: Where Are They? Peter Okoye Wants STYL Plus Back by fruityjojo(f): 6:54pm On Sep 24, 2014
90's ke! I think u mean they were the rave in the early 2000's.

5 Likes

Re: Where Are They? Peter Okoye Wants STYL Plus Back by goldfish80(m): 7:04pm On Sep 24, 2014
fruityjojo: 90's ke! I think u mean they were the rave in the early 2000's.
I think he met early to mid 2000's. I can't remmeber listening to styl plus in 1998.
Re: Where Are They? Peter Okoye Wants STYL Plus Back by SexyFox(f): 7:36pm On Sep 24, 2014
I watch their video "olufummiq yesterday and was seriously missing them. If they could sing just one rnb song, I will be so glad. I dont want party music, I just want their cool music
Re: Where Are They? Peter Okoye Wants STYL Plus Back by Katier00(f): 7:43pm On Sep 24, 2014
I love them, simply the best
Re: Where Are They? Peter Okoye Wants STYL Plus Back by Waspy(m): 8:04pm On Sep 24, 2014
Those days on campus....na them song be nat. anthem They even had a show in my alma mater then
Re: Where Are They? Peter Okoye Wants STYL Plus Back by fairygeh(f): 8:06pm On Sep 24, 2014
Awww,zeal my childhood crush,i had some sleepless nights cos of this guy back then.so cute cheesy grin tongue

3 Likes

Re: Where Are They? Peter Okoye Wants STYL Plus Back by chata25(m): 10:45pm On Sep 24, 2014
What a throw back,I downloaded olufunmi yestday
Re: Where Are They? Peter Okoye Wants STYL Plus Back by valmunich(m): 11:00pm On Sep 24, 2014
I honestly miss the group. They started off well in the early 2000s then buh same can't be said to the songs they released before they vanished
Re: Where Are They? Peter Okoye Wants STYL Plus Back by elobyobi: 2:27am On Sep 25, 2014
Well, newsflash Peter. They fizzled out because they actually sang good meaningful music. Music for the soul, and not for the ears, clubs, or POCKETS.
Not like you and Paul (and Jude, he's just as guilty as you two) know what that means. undecided

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Where Are They? Peter Okoye Wants STYL Plus Back by Haywhymido(m): 7:26am On Sep 25, 2014
Four years don waka we stil carry go nobody waka nobody go solo. hmmm,how many years don waka now,dem no dey carry go again ni? Miss dos my boys

2 Likes

Re: Where Are They? Peter Okoye Wants STYL Plus Back by Isiterere(m): 8:18am On Sep 25, 2014
ConnectMee: Soul singing, all-boys group, STYL Plus were the rave of the moment in the late ’90s, but suddenly fizzled out in the early 2000s, thus breaking the hearts of many of their fans including Peter Okoye of the P-Square fame.

Zeal, Tunde and Shifi of the defunct STYL Plus group won the ladies’ hearts with their cool looks and beautiful R ‘n’ B hits like Olufunmi, Runaway, Call My Name amongst others before suddenly packing up.

But perhaps treading down memory lane and feeling nostalgic about the sudden demise of the group that was famously referred to as Africa’s Boys II Men, Peter Okoye tweeted:

“Just saw (some) of der videos… To be honest these guys are so talented. Still missing this wonderful group till date… #StylPlus”

Many of their fans like Peter Okoye had wondered why the group just disappeared from the scene.Speculations however have it that their refusal to relocate to the musical capital of Nigeria, Lagos from their base in Abuja, and their individual differences may have attributed to the group’s collapse.

http://connectme.ng/where-are-they-peter-okoye-wants-styl-plus-back/
This kind lie can resurrect Shekau oooooo. Is this hyping or unnecessary famzing ?
Majority misses STYL PLUS.
Op next time you want to copy and paste; don't copy and paste lies(early 90s ? SMH )

ALL IZZ WELL

1 Like

Re: Where Are They? Peter Okoye Wants STYL Plus Back by iheanyi40(m): 9:04am On Sep 25, 2014
if I could run away; I'd run with u far away to a place where dere ll b angels mehn m missing dos guys
Actually used dis dia song to scope one gal lyk dt...
Re: Where Are They? Peter Okoye Wants STYL Plus Back by Missonas(f): 9:47am On Sep 25, 2014
Gone extinct sad
Re: Where Are They? Peter Okoye Wants STYL Plus Back by goldenvicky(f): 9:51am On Sep 25, 2014
I missed dem so much.Had a crush on shiffi den,love dat guy lyk kilode
Re: Where Are They? Peter Okoye Wants STYL Plus Back by keni315(f): 10:03am On Sep 25, 2014
Please o help ur bring them
Re: Where Are They? Peter Okoye Wants STYL Plus Back by Nobody: 11:17am On Sep 25, 2014
I miss them too. Great songs with great voices. OP, they reigned in the 2000s. 2003-2008 I think.

I had a crush on Zeal in secondary school too.

My favourite song of theirs remains "Ima"

1 Like

Re: Where Are They? Peter Okoye Wants STYL Plus Back by Nobody: 11:22am On Sep 25, 2014
Miss dem more. Loved zeal like crazy wish I knew dier wereabouts I'd love to hear dem again
Re: Where Are They? Peter Okoye Wants STYL Plus Back by constance500: 12:23pm On Sep 25, 2014
Gimme their contact address.. Lemme ring them cheesy
Re: Where Are They? Peter Okoye Wants STYL Plus Back by IAMBREEZY: 12:44pm On Sep 25, 2014
fruityjojo: 90's ke! I think u mean they were the rave in the early 2000's.
tongue
Re: Where Are They? Peter Okoye Wants STYL Plus Back by ifyndy(f): 1:38pm On Sep 25, 2014
Dat was wen musik was da bomb nt anymore aagain

Olufunmi n call my name
Re: Where Are They? Peter Okoye Wants STYL Plus Back by April07: 1:41pm On Sep 25, 2014
Yeah... Styl Plus still remains my fav naija R n B singers.. kiss Had a mad crush on Zeal..

They should totally make a comeback..
Re: Where Are They? Peter Okoye Wants STYL Plus Back by Nobody: 2:19pm On Sep 25, 2014
Iya Basira, Olufunmi, Drives me crazy and Imagine that -These were my best. I still have most of their songs on my phone and listen to them frequently.

... Really miss them sad

2 Likes

Re: Where Are They? Peter Okoye Wants STYL Plus Back by Lanceslot(m): 4:37pm On Sep 25, 2014
How I wish guys can come back and save us from the gbudugbudu we're being forced to listen to nowadays.
Re: Where Are They? Peter Okoye Wants STYL Plus Back by Agozie48: 5:05pm On Sep 25, 2014
I miss their songs .. they were the best artiste in the world to me then I listened to their song almost everyday just downloaded olufmni and it made me fall in love with them all over and over again ..they were my all time best artiste ....I just pray they could come back reconcile their individual differences and save Nigeria music industry once again am so tired of listening to all these their crappy songs .....Styl plus ....can I pour your wine , heard you whisper did you call my name??

1 Like

Re: Where Are They? Peter Okoye Wants STYL Plus Back by vincentont(m): 11:15pm On Sep 25, 2014
they are not 2geda anymore.tunde left d group wile zeal nd shify are still known as styl plus.just wish dey could resolve dere difrences nd giv us good R n B songs.Plantation boiz broke up nd styl plus came up.styl plus later broke up,we are still xpecting d next R n B group.
Re: Where Are They? Peter Okoye Wants STYL Plus Back by Barbie11(f): 12:55am On Sep 26, 2014
Styl plus still remains my very best! Olufunmi,call my name,imagine dat,runaway,stay alive! Dis songs still gives me goose pimples wenever I listen to dem. I love zeal,still av a crush on dat dude. Lol. I Guess is married now tho.
Re: Where Are They? Peter Okoye Wants STYL Plus Back by Barbie11(f): 8:05am On Sep 26, 2014
Styl plus still remains my very best! Olufunmi,call my name,imagine dat,runaway,stay alive! Dis songs still gives me goose pimples wenever I listen to dem. I love zeal,still av a crush on dat dude. Lol. I Guess he is married now tho.
Re: Where Are They? Peter Okoye Wants STYL Plus Back by obomobo: 8:37am On Sep 26, 2014
miss dem boys in khalifa voice

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lol People Won't Stop Calling Me Reekado Banks→_→ / B00ty Serena Williams Gets All Attention At Friends Wedding,by Exposing Herself / Celebrities Who Allegedly Mocked God And Died

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.