Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,611 members, 7,823,658 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:58 PM

Does STUDENT POLITICS Have Any Significance After School? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Does STUDENT POLITICS Have Any Significance After School? (809 Views)

OFFICE POLITICS; The Evil That Threatens Corporate Existence. / 1st Female Mechanic Sandra Aguebor Begins After School Program To Teach Girls / Going Through ATS Classes Or Just Waiting Till After School Before Doing ICAN? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does STUDENT POLITICS Have Any Significance After School? by razar(m): 6:00am On Sep 25, 2014
deleted
Re: Does STUDENT POLITICS Have Any Significance After School? by G3NTL3SOUL(m): 6:16am On Sep 25, 2014
For me,All i am gonna say is kiss

Stay the f#ck away from politics

1 Like

Re: Does STUDENT POLITICS Have Any Significance After School? by eunisam: 6:27am On Sep 25, 2014
Yes partially. Nothing is absolutely a waste.

1 Like

Re: Does STUDENT POLITICS Have Any Significance After School? by Nobody: 7:37am On Sep 25, 2014
Ask Ayo,the current chairman of Amuwo local government. He was formerly a Student Union's president in Lasu.

It does,the person would have known the nitty gritty of politics,and also will be well known by prominent people,which will go a long way in his future political career.

2 Likes

Re: Does STUDENT POLITICS Have Any Significance After School? by Nobody: 9:09am On Sep 25, 2014
razar: Good morning nairalanders.

This issue has been on my mind for quite a while now.@ the topic, some of you might think it was created by a frustrated Undergraduate (as some students actually see US) but that's not the case.
By the special grace of God I am a 1st class student of chemical engineering in federal university in Nigeria. I intend to contest for positions higher than the one I am presently occupying, so please I want to know if what am doing is worth
it

(because it is seriously Contending with my academics and I no longer get a clear head like i use to when am reading at times)

.and also if you people think its of any significance in the labour market.

The reason why i'm asking this question here is to get the view of experienced individuals (especially engineers that are practising) on this forum.
Please your contributions will be highly appreciated. Thank you
Of course it does... They tend to always have the little upper hand in the labour market. Imagine applying for a job in the labour market and the employer found out that u were the SUG president of havard or peking university. He's not gonna waste time at all. Everything in life has its advantage.

1 Like

Re: Does STUDENT POLITICS Have Any Significance After School? by crudedude(m): 9:29am On Sep 25, 2014
razar: Good morning nairalanders.

This issue has been on my mind for quite a while now.@ the topic, some of you might think it was created by a frustrated Undergraduate (as some students actually see US) but that's not the case.
By the special grace of God I am a 1st class student of chemical engineering in federal university in Nigeria. I intend to contest for positions higher than the one I am presently occupying, so please I want to know if what am doing is worth
it

(because it is seriously Contending with my academics and I no longer get a clear head like i use to when am reading at times)

.and also if you people think its of any significance in the labour market.

The reason why i'm asking this question here is to get the view of experienced individuals (especially engineers that are practising) on this forum.
Please your contributions will be highly appreciated. Thank you

In my opinion it doesn't really matter career wise, you won't get an automatic job because you were once SUG president. I also doubt any recruiter will want to read a full page of positions held in school. Do as much as you can but not at the detriment of your academics. That is paramount.

What (I feel) is being checked is if you have ever been in leadership or team player positions as you could be asked during interviews or might need them when writing a great personal statement (for post graduate study).

That being said the conclusion of the whole matter is not to be all books in school. Join a sports team, a volunteer course, dance troupe, church fellowship, SIFE, Rotaract, Departmental bodies etc, be active and embrace leadership positions as much as your strength permits.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Why You Should Never Wear Orange To An Interview / Oil And Gas Facilities Construction Training For Engineers / 8 Tips To Be More Better Then Your Role Model

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.