Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,949 members, 7,838,376 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 08:36 PM

Great 60's Juju Artists - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Great 60's Juju Artists (928 Views)

Styl Plus Must Have Been *jazzed* With Juju! / Lewd Juju Singer Saint Janet / Traditional Music (juju, Fuji) Vs. Afro Hip Hop (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Great 60's Juju Artists by dom1500(m): 2:01pm On Nov 05, 2008
Hi.
I'm trying to build my collection of Nigerian music and wonder if anyone can recommend an artist.
I have artist like Sunny Ade, Ebenezer Obey, Haruna Ishola, Prince Adewale, Dele Abiodun.
Really interested in 60's to 80's Juju and Apala music.
Thanks
Re: Great 60's Juju Artists by benedo(m): 5:09pm On Nov 05, 2008
Check out,

Kayode Fashola

Empror Pick Peters

Idowu Animashahun

Tunde 'the western" Nightingale(The supposed Oga of all Of Them)

Chief Ik Dairo.

Chief Jossy Friday

Prince Adekunle:He was the one who nurtured Sir Shina Peters and Prince Segun Adewale whocame together to form a band of their own

There was one other lady we used to watch on Tv when i was quite small, i think her name is Lady Decency or something of that sort.

You can check out that popular Cd shop in Ikoyi to get the cd' of these legends

(1) (Reply)

Dmite Denies Africankings / Skillz-----soundcity Awards / Terryg Is D Bomb

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.