Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,756 members, 7,809,910 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:02 PM

Styl Plus Must Have Been *jazzed* With Juju! - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Styl Plus Must Have Been *jazzed* With Juju! (10287 Views)

"Imagine That" By Styl-Plus / P-square vs Styl-Plus / 2Face vs Styl-Plus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Styl Plus Must Have Been *jazzed* With Juju! by jiggaz(m): 10:06pm On Jan 24, 2011
I dont understand why a group dat was d rave then, just fizzle out like dat. *OLUFUNMI* was d hottest song in Nigeria btw late 2003 and 2004. Then they came out with their debut album in 2006 and it was massive!! "Imagine Dat, Drive me crazy and Iya Basira" was literally ruling d streets of Naija. Then came 2008 when they released their 2nd album and everything fall apart. Nothing was heard of dem again, d album did not see d light of d day!! In 2010, they released yet anoda album which didnt do well. Though it had great songs. My question is WHO JAZZED STYL PLUS DEM? Who did this thing to them? Dat they will not smell d MAINSTREAM OF D MUSIC INDUSTRY which they rocked yesteryears again? I mean these guys are TALENTED, HAVE GOOD VOICES, and hav their OWN SWAG, yet they dont seem to be breaking into d MAINSTREAM again. While less talented artistes are in d spotlights. Could this be spiritual? Nairalanders, over to u. What's u guyz opinion?
Re: Styl Plus Must Have Been *jazzed* With Juju! by Nobody: 11:19pm On Jan 24, 2011
if you think that it easy to produce a hit track (let alone a hit album) then i suggest you learn about the music scene again and again. . . . . . . . .
talented artist OR artist working with talented producers/writers will release commercially or musically "succesful" album out, day in and day out but dont expect LUCKY ONES with little talent to do so too.

its called a ONE HIT WONDER or ONE ALBUM WONDER and then they die out and go back to become the nobodys that they were before all this adventure started. no biggie!
Re: Styl Plus Must Have Been *jazzed* With Juju! by Mcleo007(m): 11:29pm On Jan 24, 2011
@poster,nobody "jazzed" anybody! I believe the problem with them is their refusal to move to lagos (wondering why every act has to move) and settle in for their career when they started. Look at Psquare, Timaya etc, their quick successes was fuelled by that move. And that is what happens in an industry that lacks vision and investment. That is why Its so quick to forget about some stars were once on top,e.g Tetuila, Daddy fresh, baba fryo
Re: Styl Plus Must Have Been *jazzed* With Juju! by bjmighty(m): 3:26am On Jan 25, 2011
So if artiste no sell e mean say dia village pple don jazz dem. #2011Comedy
Re: Styl Plus Must Have Been *jazzed* With Juju! by jiggaz(m): 5:36am On Jan 25, 2011
Well?, Keep ur opinion commin', lets hav 'em.
Re: Styl Plus Must Have Been *jazzed* With Juju! by javalove(m): 8:28am On Jan 25, 2011
Mcleo007:

@poster,nobody "jazzed" anybody! I believe the problem with them is their refusal to move to lagos (wondering why every act has to move) and settle in for their career when they started. Look at Psquare, Timaya etc, their quick successes was fuelled by that move. And that is what happens in an industry that lacks vision and investment. That is why Its so quick to forget about some stars were once on top,e.g Tetuila, Daddy fresh, baba fryo

GBAM!!!! You've said it all bro

#Javalove. . .unless otherwise stated. . .!
Re: Styl Plus Must Have Been *jazzed* With Juju! by victorazy(m): 12:33pm On Jan 26, 2011
Why is Styl-Plus matter just they warry Nairalanders, na bad thing to become celeb? who posted this thing here?
For una information, those guys are chilling well-well, we always see cuz we stay 2gether here in Garki Abuja (Zeal) Tunde with his clean Hunder Legend
Re: Styl Plus Must Have Been *jazzed* With Juju! by Basildon1(m): 12:43pm On Jan 26, 2011
They not jazzed, they are just a bunch of lazy talents! U cant hustle music from Abuja alone and expect to blow. You need to be in Lagos where the heat is.

Niccas are hungry right now in the music game and sadly these boys dont seem to have that fire in them.
Re: Styl Plus Must Have Been *jazzed* With Juju! by DeeJay20: 1:01pm On Jan 26, 2011
OLUFUMI O!!!!!!!! OHHHHH YEAH!!!!!!!!

[flash=200,200]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xNbe1Qg1_I[/flash]
Re: Styl Plus Must Have Been *jazzed* With Juju! by mannygee: 1:04pm On Jan 26, 2011
Mcleo007:

In addition, I don't think the group really want to do music full fledge by still sitting down here in Abuja. I can remember vividly that they were asked about this relocation in an interview session in their debut album video and shiffi replied, ''Music is not what am going to do for the whole of my life. (Apparently asking the interviewer), are you saying if i move to Lagos today and by tomorrow music seems not to be on my mind again, I should then start relocating back to Abuja again''?

Aside from the relocation issue, Style-plus need to form a clique in the industry,get themselves involve in other artistes musical projects, do collabos, feature in other aristes musical videos. This is the only way they can stay relevant within the industry.
Re: Styl Plus Must Have Been *jazzed* With Juju! by maxtop(m): 1:10pm On Jan 26, 2011
THEY ARE STILL IN THE KITCHEN BUSY COOKING SOME DELICIOUS ALBUM TO SERVE EVERYBODY, grin grin grin grin
Re: Styl Plus Must Have Been *jazzed* With Juju! by GeorgeD1(m): 1:18pm On Jan 26, 2011
style plus obviously ran out of style. grin

they're now licking their lips trying to figure what new style to come up with. wink
Re: Styl Plus Must Have Been *jazzed* With Juju! by greenish01: 1:22pm On Jan 26, 2011
the Group and not just the three guys,they are like 6 or seven and that there problem, not much coming in and everyone have their share immediately,no money to invent on another project
Re: Styl Plus Must Have Been *jazzed* With Juju! by jiggaz(m): 1:52pm On Jan 26, 2011
All ur views are welcome. Keep dem coming. I think their inability to move to Lagos is one of d problems. U know Lagos is our Naija NEW YORK CITY and d capital of entertainment. But still they are talented, so wats keeping dem from blowing to d next level. By now they suppose to be in d same league with Tuface, P Square and D'Banj( whom i call d BIG 3 in Naija music).
Re: Styl Plus Must Have Been *jazzed* With Juju! by babaowo: 2:02pm On Jan 26, 2011
they should try to update
Re: Styl Plus Must Have Been *jazzed* With Juju! by babyabbey: 2:13pm On Jan 26, 2011
@OP you're so full of it with your last comment!
Re: Styl Plus Must Have Been *jazzed* With Juju! by xreal: 2:22pm On Jan 26, 2011
@ Mcleo007 and Mannygee; good points, you guys' said it all.

E.o.D
Re: Styl Plus Must Have Been *jazzed* With Juju! by hbrednic: 2:27pm On Jan 26, 2011
who is styl plus
Re: Styl Plus Must Have Been *jazzed* With Juju! by suxes2005(m): 2:49pm On Jan 26, 2011
They are back. now have like 2-3
singles now. i guess when they shoot
the video u will know about them

SHALOM
Re: Styl Plus Must Have Been *jazzed* With Juju! by Princek12(m): 3:12pm On Jan 26, 2011
There you go again with your Nigerian mentality, that someone must have jazzed an artist who no longer has a hit record. It is universal that artists are not guaranteed a next hit record, and several reasons, none of which are attributable with jazz, may have caused their subsequent records to flop.

What happened to Jodeci, Boyz and Boyz II Men, to mention a few?
Re: Styl Plus Must Have Been *jazzed* With Juju! by JOKYTECH(f): 3:26pm On Jan 26, 2011
Mcleo007:

In addition to this, they should try to associate and do collabo with some of this top stars, abeg make them try mingle, they ve been on their own for too long
Re: Styl Plus Must Have Been *jazzed* With Juju! by Princek12(m): 3:32pm On Jan 26, 2011
JOKYTECH:

In addition to this, they should try to associate and do collabo with some of this top stars, abeg make them try mingle, they ve been on their own for too long

Good point. Artists all over the world collabo with other artists to increase their chances of releasing a hit record. Making a hit record is not easy.
Re: Styl Plus Must Have Been *jazzed* With Juju! by haboosa(m): 3:35pm On Jan 26, 2011
style plus will always release a hit album, it is only that they are kinda lazy right now undecided undecided undecided
Re: Styl Plus Must Have Been *jazzed* With Juju! by DoubleN(m): 3:36pm On Jan 26, 2011
victorazy:

Why is Styl-Plus matter just they warry Nairalanders, na bad thing to become celeb? who posted this thing here?
For una information, those guys are chilling well-well, we always see cuz we stay 2gether here in Garki Abuja (Zeal) Tunde with his clean Hunder Legend
Honda Legend? When their mates are riding Range Rovers and the Lot?
It has to boil down to lack of foresight. Let us face the fact, the music market is here in Lagos. Failure to relocate will do nothing to boost your image. Do you know how long M.I had been rapping before he moved to Lagos?
Re: Styl Plus Must Have Been *jazzed* With Juju! by freecocoa(f): 3:37pm On Jan 26, 2011
They've not splited,they need to.
Re: Styl Plus Must Have Been *jazzed* With Juju! by degubi(m): 3:53pm On Jan 26, 2011
There is no rule that states that all your albums must be a hit, there will always be good days and bad days take, Asa's Beautiful imperfection as an example it was not a hit as some would have expected. Its better that they are silent now and are working on releasing a hit album than to be producing ridiculous songs at random that will not outlive them.
Re: Styl Plus Must Have Been *jazzed* With Juju! by Basics007: 3:56pm On Jan 26, 2011
Some inaccuracies in the OP. Expressions was not their debut album. It was their sophomore and it was never a hit (though it was not a total flop also).
For the reason why they are dormant. I think apart from their refusal to come down to Lag,a lot has to do with their videos. Style+ dont put enough effort in their videos fact. As artistes like P square and Lagbaja will testify,videos sell albums a lot. Lagbaja released We Me and Abami in 2000 to a very lukewarm reception only for Konkobelow video to come out 2yrs later and a 2yr old album suddenly became the hottest thing around. Same goes for P square,those guys must be sellin more VCDs than Audio (remember Busy body remix?). Infact Style+ themselves should be a testament to the power of videos as i remember the huge demand for the Olufunmi videos back in the day only for them to start shootin insipid videos for their 2nd album. I remembered watchin Iya Basira videos and i was like WTF! And the rest were not really better.
Pls dont get me wrong,videos dont totally make the artiste but they surely lend a huge helpin hand. If not,why is MTV such a huge brand today?
Re: Styl Plus Must Have Been *jazzed* With Juju! by MaJBlige(f): 3:57pm On Jan 26, 2011
shows that people are not up to date.

They released a single late last year. They are working on their next album.

http://www.styl-plus.com/index.html
Re: Styl Plus Must Have Been *jazzed* With Juju! by Mobinga: 4:03pm On Jan 26, 2011
Singing **Every body note your body now / Imagine that, afibatoshedupopekoshemo, Imagine that, shilopope sheti mo fi fi fun . . . . **

my first love song. Reminds me of my girlfriend that dumped me.
Re: Styl Plus Must Have Been *jazzed* With Juju! by skalamanga: 4:08pm On Jan 26, 2011
freecocoa:

They've not splited,they need to.

Gbam!
i have been saying this for a very long time now, they have stayed for too long as a group and look rather plain. they definitely dont understand that there is a better chance of one of them succeeding now as a solo artist than the 3 of them going beyond the 'olufunmi' success. so many groups have done that and it has paid off so why not style plus?

imagine releasing a song to tell the whole world that you are still together after 4years, absolute nonsence. who told them any one is going to flog them for splitting?
Re: Styl Plus Must Have Been *jazzed* With Juju! by xreal: 4:26pm On Jan 26, 2011
Mobinga:

Singing **Every body note your body now / Imagine that, afibatoshedupopekoshemo, Imagine that, shilopope sheti mo fi fi fun . . . . **

na wah o!
na yoruba be dis?
Where is ileke.idi?
Re: Styl Plus Must Have Been *jazzed* With Juju! by joeyfire(m): 4:30pm On Jan 26, 2011
Styl Plus are falling off the wagon because they have refused to invest more effort,time and most importantly CASH !!! into their production,videos and their image. Unfortunately the music industry has always been about being flashy in your videos, costumes etc They also need to hook up with Don Jazzy, Terry G, Ty Mix or some other hot producer to cook up a hit. Also i dont know if anyone has noticed but boy bands are not exactly hot anymore

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

(DOWNLOAD MP3) Mohbad Ft. Naira Marley – Koma Jensun / Watch Official VIDEO| D’banj – Emergency / The Gratitiude (coza) “african Praise Medley” (download)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.