Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,813 members, 7,817,357 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:51 AM

Difference Between Java And Javascript - Programming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Difference Between Java And Javascript (3674 Views)

Live Question And Answer Section For Android, Java And Php From 7-10 Pm Everyday / Download 5 Free Ebooks - PHP, CSS, Fireworks, Dreamweaver And Javascript / Re: Java And Biometrics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Difference Between Java And Javascript by virus04(m): 9:50pm On Jun 15, 2015
FincoApps:
I don't really agree. I can say Java is better when it comes to embedded systems, but trust me Javascript can do all other things Java can do. That's why it is possible to convert a Processing sketch made in Java to Javascript using ProcessingJs.
bros you cant compare java with javascript
Re: Difference Between Java And Javascript by Nobody: 11:08pm On Jun 15, 2015
virus04:
bros you cant compare java with javascript

Now you can. Read what the big companies are doing below with node.js:

How replacing Java with JavaScript is paying off for PayPal
PayPal reveals that writing server-side software in node.js rather than Java is allowing it to serve web pages more rapidly and simplifying web development.
http://www.zdnet.com/article/how-replacing-java-with-javascript-is-paying-off-for-paypal
Re: Difference Between Java And Javascript by seunthomas: 11:25pm On Jun 15, 2015
Febup:

Now you can. Read what the big companies are doing below with node.js:

How replacing Java with JavaScript is paying off for PayPal
PayPal reveals that writing server-side software in node.js rather than Java is allowing it to serve web pages more rapidly and simplifying web development.
http://www.zdnet.com/article/how-replacing-java-with-javascript-is-paying-off-for-paypal
Paypal does not use node.js for any core application dude. Do your finding properly. They are just moving into nodejs gradually.

1 Like

Re: Difference Between Java And Javascript by umaryusuf(m): 7:22am On Jun 16, 2015
"Java and Javascript are similar like Car and Carpet are similar” - Greg Hewgill

Re: Difference Between Java And Javascript by Olumyco(m): 9:29pm On Jun 17, 2015
umaryusuf:
"Java and Javascript are similar like Car and Carpet are similar” - Greg Hewgill

I am surprised pple still limit d power of JavaScript. What is dat tin dat java can do that JavaScript cannot do? In this present day where JavaScript is at its peak wit the incoming ES6. I want to say there is no craft that java wants to perform dat JavaScript will not do same. Anyway what is happening to us is inherent wit d lang itself in dat it is d most misunderstood lang. Pple call d lang all sorts of names yet many big companies are considering it as a choice for dev. Microsoft itself could not wait & lag behind, went and dev. a library 'winjs' for d development of windows 8 app store through HTML/JavaScript. Recently I heard dat JavaScript is turning to d new assembly lang of d web. Even embedded system; u can go and research it, JavaScript can also b used to dev for embedded system through 'espirino' just like aduino. Somebody said it cannot do stand alone. atom shell, nwjs,tidesdk among others are runtimes used in d dev of standalone apps. Well I want to say this, "pls do not underrate any programming lang u can neva but tell what a guru might do wit it. I was amazed when I read abt a guy dat says he has been writing server- side JavaScript since 2001. nodejs has not been dev then. Nodejs came out 2010. U can just imagine dat. Anyway efficiency, concurrency & other issues might b a factor when comparing both languages but it is not logical to say java can do sometins dat JavaScript cannot do by referring it to it as ordinary scripting lang. JavaScript rocks.
Thanks.
Re: Difference Between Java And Javascript by Nobody: 10:11pm On Jun 17, 2015
Olumyco:

I am surprised pple still limit d power of JavaScript. What is dat tin dat java can do that JavaScript cannot do? In this present day where JavaScript is at its peak wit the incoming ES6. I want to say there is no craft that java wants to perform dat JavaScript will not do same. Anyway what is happening to us is inherent wit d lang itself in dat it is d most misunderstood lang. Pple call d lang all sorts of names yet many big companies are considering it as a choice for dev. Microsoft itself could not wait & lag behind, went and dev. a library 'winjs' for d development of windows 8 app store through HTML/JavaScript. Recently I heard dat JavaScript is turning to d new assembly lang of d web. Even embedded system; u can go and research it, JavaScript can also b used to dev for embedded system through 'espirino' just like aduino. Somebody said it cannot do stand alone. atom shell, nwjs,tidesdk among others are runtimes used in d dev of standalone apps. Well I want to say this, "pls do not underrate any programming lang u can neva but tell what a guru might do wit it. I was amazed when I read abt a guy dat says he has been writing server- side JavaScript since 2001. nodejs has not been dev then. Nodejs came out 2010. U can just imagine dat. Anyway efficiency, concurrency & other issues might b a factor when comparing both languages but it is not logical to say java can do sometins dat JavaScript cannot do by referring it to it as ordinary scripting lang. JavaScript rocks.
Thanks.

JavaScript is used to write Node which is used to talk to C++ atom shell/electron all the UI you see are not Native UI they are web pages and and they also bind to Native calls via C++, besides why am i even arguing what is Node built with ? ask yourself that question.

People confuse JS and Node V8 engines, JS is the script chosen to write node apps.

NOTE: I might be wrong so prove me wrong with facts and i will glady accept
Re: Difference Between Java And Javascript by Nobody: 10:16pm On Jun 17, 2015
But still I love JavaScript ... even more I love TypeScript better
Re: Difference Between Java And Javascript by asscb(f): 10:57pm On Jun 17, 2015
pcguru1:
But still I love JavaScript ... even more I love TypeScript better
JavaScript All day cool
Re: Difference Between Java And Javascript by FincoApps(m): 11:37pm On Jun 17, 2015
Can you imagine the common mistake these guys are making. I didn't even know this cause I've not really used nodeJs. But now it makes sense. Its just like the way you use Javascript to code 3D games in Unity 3D, it would be wrong and ignorant to say Unity 3D itself is a Javascript program.
pcguru1:

JavaScript is used to write Node which is used to talk to C++ atom shell/electron all the UI you see are not Native UI they are web pages and and they also bind to Native calls via C++, besides why am i even arguing what is Node built with ? ask yourself that question.

People confuse JS and Node V8 engines, JS is the script chosen to write node apps.

Re: Difference Between Java And Javascript by Nobody: 9:00am On Jun 18, 2015
Re: Difference Between Java And Javascript by Olumyco(m): 10:27am On Jun 18, 2015
pcguru1:

Agreed. Love this. very informative.
But many runtimes - java virtual machines (JVM) on our desktop r written in a different lang except IMHO which is unpopular. The popular ones on our desktop r written mostly in c & c++.
Sun JVM written in c
IBM JVM written in Smalltalk
Oracle(Hotspot) JVM written in c++

U can research more on these.

Remember dat these JVMs run a script. Java compiles to bytecodes (an intermediate code/lang) which are being interpreted by these runtimes.

JavaScript too is following this path.

Well I respect java, most especially being d first lang to challenge d c++ issue of compilation by adopting a paradigm of write once run anywhere (WORA). I salute o

2 Likes

Re: Difference Between Java And Javascript by seunthomas: 1:34pm On Jun 18, 2015
pcguru1:

Node is a runtime and not a language.
Re: Difference Between Java And Javascript by Nobody: 2:17pm On Jun 18, 2015
seunthomas:

Node is a runtime and not a language.

Sorry poor choice of words. I know Node is not a language

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Top 20 Websites To Learn Coding With Java, Python, SQL, Algorithms, And Git For / The Greatest Challenge Of The Programming World / Recommend A Good Software Programming Training Center In India

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.