Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,134 members, 7,818,414 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:51 PM

Re: Java And Biometrics - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Re: Java And Biometrics (3278 Views)

Live Question And Answer Section For Android, Java And Php From 7-10 Pm Everyday / Difference Between Java And Javascript / Java And Biometrics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Java And Biometrics by mikeosake: 8:27am On Nov 15, 2011
Hi,

Most biometric scanners come with their specific API, so u get an API with sample integration code for all languages.

Michael
Re: Re: Java And Biometrics by Cockyzy(m): 3:05pm On Nov 15, 2011
Thanks man.i want to know if those biometric api can be implemented in java.how? Take for instance,i buy the biometric machine for a java project;then what next? Is it connect it to a pc as a printer? Enligthen me with pratical knowledge
Re: Re: Java And Biometrics by mikeosake: 3:26pm On Nov 15, 2011
Hi,

The scanners are just like normal image scanners, you plug in the usb to you system and u can access it using the APIs.
for a java project you will get a class file that will help you communicate with the scanner and perform functions like capture/verify/identify.
its fun, just before you get a device browse through the manufacturers website to ensure they have apis and code samples.

Michael
Re: Re: Java And Biometrics by Cockyzy(m): 7:28pm On Nov 15, 2011
Give me some manufacturer website for biometric.I am a java Zealot.I am eager to learn,learn,learn java.help enligthen me more.it is a prospective project in school?
Re: Re: Java And Biometrics by mikeosake: 8:07pm On Nov 15, 2011
go to www.m2sys .com, this is what most of the mobile networks use for their sim verification.

(1) (Reply)

A Little Javascript Problem / Be A Freelance Programmer Online And Make Money / Help:-microcontroller And C Training

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.