Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,747 members, 7,824,153 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:53 AM

Pleading The Blood Of Jesus Christ - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pleading The Blood Of Jesus Christ (2397 Views)

PHOTO: The "Real" Face Of Jesus Uncovered / Nigerians, Road Accidents And The Blood Of Jesus. / So There Is A Street In Lagos Called Blood Of Jesus Street?! (see Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pleading The Blood Of Jesus Christ by vooks: 1:27pm On Sep 25, 2014
Exactly what is that, and what is its scriptural basis if any?
Re: Pleading The Blood Of Jesus Christ by Nobody: 5:28pm On Sep 25, 2014
A confession of faith....rev 12:11
Re: Pleading The Blood Of Jesus Christ by shdemidemi(m): 6:00pm On Sep 25, 2014
The blood of Jesus was used to pay the ransom for our souls. We have erroneously added so much more to what the blood represent.

Some use the blood to fight 'enemies', they cover food in the blood, they cover house in the blood, they fight perceived spiritual enemies with the blood, they cover themselves in the blood. All these things have no scriptural backing whatsoever.

Apostle Bidam..how body!
Re: Pleading The Blood Of Jesus Christ by Nobody: 6:05pm On Sep 25, 2014
grin body fyn bro..

1 Like

Re: Pleading The Blood Of Jesus Christ by mbaemeka(m): 6:52pm On Sep 25, 2014
The bible way to plead the blood is via the communion as Jesus said each time we take it we proclaim the Lord's death until he returns. I don't subscribe to the doctrine of shouting the blood and using it to cover everywhere. All such acts even if appealing to the senses amount to spiritual confusion. Jesus went with his blood to the most holy place ONCE and for all. We cannot be re-pouring it like we are spraying insecticides.

I know some Pastors I respect that teach all this"'we cover the road, cars etc with the blood" but I don't think it is scriptural.

My take. Cheers.
Re: Pleading The Blood Of Jesus Christ by Nobody: 7:15pm On Sep 25, 2014
Cannibals.
Re: Pleading The Blood Of Jesus Christ by Jameselias: 8:58pm On Sep 25, 2014
sonOfLucifer: Cannibals.
son of the morning star u got me laughing on this one how u bashinng em' i've been following u all around this forum asking for ur number pls i want us to have heart to heat discussion got noting but luv for ya my contact is 08103423934
Re: Pleading The Blood Of Jesus Christ by Nobody: 3:37am On Sep 26, 2014
Jameselias: son of the morning star u got me laughing on this one how u bashinng em' i've been following u all around this forum asking for ur number pls i want us to have heart to heat discussion got noting but luv for ya my contact is 08103423934
I do not wish to be contacted by anyone.
Re: Pleading The Blood Of Jesus Christ by vooks: 7:51am On Sep 26, 2014

Revelation 12:11King James Version (KJV)

11 And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.

So they overcame by
1. Blood of the lamb/Jesus
2. Word of their testimony

How do we move from this verse to 'pleading the blood'? Does it mean that we are not beneficiaries of the blood until we plead?
I thought the blood was purely shed for our sins not constructing hedges

Bidam: A confession of faith....rev 12:11

1 Like

Re: Pleading The Blood Of Jesus Christ by vooks: 7:52am On Sep 26, 2014
The devil is ALREADY judged. Taunting Christians won't change that. Lake of Fire is beckoning. Can't avoid nor delay it
Be warned
sonOfLucifer: Cannibals.
Re: Pleading The Blood Of Jesus Christ by Nobody: 7:54am On Sep 26, 2014
vooks: The devil is ALREADY judged. Taunting Christians won't change that. Lake of Fire is beckoning. Can't avoid nor delay it
Be warned
If there is a lake of fire, you're already burning in it.
Re: Pleading The Blood Of Jesus Christ by vooks: 8:10am On Sep 26, 2014
We both know denying changes nothing smiley
Jesus Christ loved you enough to die for you
sonOfLucifer:
If there is a lake of fire, you're already burning in it.
Re: Pleading The Blood Of Jesus Christ by Jameselias: 8:18am On Sep 26, 2014
sonOfLucifer:
I do not wish to be contacted by anyone.
why u are afriad? Got noting but luv 4 ya
Re: Pleading The Blood Of Jesus Christ by Nobody: 8:23am On Sep 26, 2014
Jameselias: why u are afriad? Got noting but luv 4 ya
Thanks, but no thanks. Every Satanist finds his own way.
Re: Pleading The Blood Of Jesus Christ by Jameselias: 9:36am On Sep 26, 2014
sonOfLucifer:
Thanks, but no thanks. Every Satanist finds his own way.
yep that's true but c'mon bro 2 is always better than 1 beside i am not asking 4 ur number b'cos i am new in occult science no iam not. I only want to rob mind with a fellow who i believe is advanced in esoteric sciense but as it is now u got me douting if u are real. I sure understand why u are hiding but it don't have to be so with me trust me when i say so. Peace unto u.
Re: Pleading The Blood Of Jesus Christ by Nobody: 10:03am On Sep 26, 2014
vooks:
Revelation 12:11King James Version (KJV)

11 And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.

So they overcame by
1. Blood of the lamb/Jesus
2. Word of their testimony

How do we move from this verse to 'pleading the blood'? Does it mean that we are not beneficiaries of the blood until we plead?
I thought the blood was purely shed for our sins not constructing hedges

So are u isolating the words of their testimonies which is a confession of their faith on the shed blood of Christ or reading it in CONTEXT? How can the blood work for you without confessing with your mouth?

Another scriptural witness is 1 john 9. If you don't confess with your mouth, how can the blood purify you from all unrighteousness?

"pleading the blood" is phrase not necessarily used as mouthing it out but coming to God by faith and confessing with your mouth what Jesus had done on the cross of calvary. I never said we should plead the blood over properties or ourselves...What i am saying along few lines is that when the devil accuses us (he is the accuser of the brethren) and make us feel guilty. We need to come to God and confess what the Word of God is saying and that is " I've been forgiven of all my sins and have been accepted into the family of God.

If you say the saints overcame the devil by the words of their testimony, then you are attributing WORKS of the saint to attain righteousness with God and that is a lie cos it has no basis on what the shed blood of Jesus had done.
Re: Pleading The Blood Of Jesus Christ by vooks: 10:07am On Sep 26, 2014
The blood was shed By Jesus and is not something a believer can sprinkle and splash around literally or by faith
I need Biblical basis for the 'covering the house,car, healing' and so forth. All I see is healing in Jesus name

The blood in the OT was only sprinkled by the High Priest. I understadn that Jesus our High Priest applies his blood on our lives when we believe in him. Applying the blood on inanimate stuff or people has no basis from scriptures

Bidam: So are u isolating the words of their testimonies which is a confession of their faith on the shed blood of Christ or reading it in CONTEXT? How can the blood work for you without confessing with your mouth?

Another scriptural witness is 1 john 9. If you don't confess with your mouth, how can the blood purify you from all unrighteousness?

"pleading the blood" is phrase not necessarily used as mouthing it out but coming to God by faith and confessing with your mouth what Jesus had done on the cross of calvary.
Do you have scriptural basis for this or is it a pentecostal tradition?

I never said we should plead the blood over properties or ourselves...What i am saying along few lines is that when the devil accuses us (he is the accuser of the brethren) and make us feel guilty. We need to come to God and confess what the Word of God is saying and that is " I've been forgiven of all my sins and have been accepted into the family of God.

If you say the saints overcame the devil by the words of their testimony, then you are attributing WORKS of the saint to attain righteousness with God and that is a lie cos it has no basis on what the shed blood of Jesus had done.

1 Like

Re: Pleading The Blood Of Jesus Christ by Olusanya333(m): 11:10am On Sep 26, 2014
The Blood of Jesus is only for Cleansing of sins and not for covering.

1 Like

Re: Pleading The Blood Of Jesus Christ by Olusanya333(m): 11:13am On Sep 26, 2014
vooks: The blood was shed By Jesus and is not something a believer can sprinkle and splash around literally or by faith
I need Biblical basis for the 'covering the house,car, healing' and so forth. All I see is healing in Jesus name

The blood in the OT was only sprinkled by the High Priest. I understadn that Jesus our High Priest applies his blood on our lives when we believe in him. Applying the blood on inanimate stuff or people has no basis from scriptures

Sometimes Nigeria pastors has deceived many in d name of pentecostalism.Covering smthng or sm1 with d Blood is hypocritical nd disrespecting d sacrifice Jesus made. The Blood is nt for,and will never be for covering.

1 Like

Re: Pleading The Blood Of Jesus Christ by Nobody: 12:54pm On Sep 26, 2014
vooks: The blood was shed By Jesus and is not something a believer can sprinkle and splash around literally or by faith
My post answered your query, i never said what you insinuated here.

With the heart you believe and are justified...with your mouth you confess and are saved (Rom 10:10)..The saints in revelation were saved by what? Testifying about the blood of the Lamb or believing ONLY and going to sleep just like you are insinuating here?
Re: Pleading The Blood Of Jesus Christ by vooks: 1:04pm On Sep 26, 2014
The Bible says by the BLOOD OF THE LAMB. Reading 'between the lines' is not for Christians, read the lines instead. It does not say they testified of the blood delivering them from attacks or anything. But then again, God may have forgotten to show that smiley

Let's read this verse again;

Revelation 12:11 King James Version (KJV)

It says two things;
1. Blood of the lamb
2. Testimony

NOT testifying about the blood of Jesus! angry

Bidam: My post answered your query, i never said what you insinuated here.
With the heart you believe and are justified...with your mouth you confess and are saved (Rom 10:10)..The saints in revelation were saved by what? Testifying about the blood of the Lamb or believing ONLY and going to sleep just like you are insinuating here?

1 Like

Re: Pleading The Blood Of Jesus Christ by Nobody: 2:12pm On Sep 26, 2014
vooks: The Bible says by the BLOOD OF THE LAMB. Reading 'between the lines' is not for Christians, read the lines instead. It does not say they testified of the blood delivering them from attacks or anything. But then again, God may have forgotten to show that smiley

Let's read this verse again;

Revelation 12:11 King James Version (KJV)

It says two things;
1. Blood of the lamb
2. Testimony

NOT testifying about the blood of Jesus! angry

So tell us what the words of their testimony is preacher?
Re: Pleading The Blood Of Jesus Christ by vooks: 2:24pm On Sep 26, 2014
The Bible is SILENT on that, has been silent for hundreds of years UNTIL slightly under 100 years ago when it was suddenly revealed that it meant imagining sprinkling Jesus blood all over is conventional spiritual warfare
Bidam: So tell us what the words of their testimony is preacher?
Re: Pleading The Blood Of Jesus Christ by Nobody: 2:41pm On Sep 26, 2014
vooks: The Bible is SILENT on that, has been silent for hundreds of years UNTIL slightly under 100 years ago when it was suddenly revealed that it meant imagining sprinkling Jesus blood all over is conventional spiritual warfare
How do you know it is silent for 100yrs Are you claiming to be more than a 100yr old? undecided
Re: Pleading The Blood Of Jesus Christ by vooks: 4:24pm On Sep 26, 2014
Am saying the Bible is SILENT on HOW they conquered by the Word of their testimony and the blood of the lamb.

On the blood of the Lamb, we may understand that to mean Christ sacrificial death where He defeated and disarmed principalities and made a public spectacle of this. On the Word of their testimony, we have NOTHING to guide us anywhere IN the Bible and for the last 1900 years.

That is no license to interpret the verse to mean anything. Any interpretation of that verse has to be tested against scriptures. Sprinkling the blood of Jesus is for the High Priest and He did already. You have no business pretending to do what He did
Bidam: How do you know it is silent for 100yrs Are you claiming to be more than a 100yr old? undecided
Re: Pleading The Blood Of Jesus Christ by Olusanya333(m): 11:47pm On Sep 26, 2014
Bidam: So tell us what the words of their testimony is preacher?
Words of their testimony is that A Lamb was slain 4 Sins.
Re: Pleading The Blood Of Jesus Christ by Nobody: 11:55pm On Sep 26, 2014
Olusanya333: Words of their testimony is that A Lamb was slain 4 Sins.
Good..were they saying it with their mouth or anus? Did they keep mute or were they testifying? My initial post in this thread said confession of Faith.Christianity is about Faith.

Go and meditate on this deeply and give me a reply.Thanks.
Re: Pleading The Blood Of Jesus Christ by Olusanya333(m): 11:58pm On Sep 26, 2014
Bidam: Good..were they saying it with their mouth or anus? Did they keep mute or were they testifying? My initial post in this thread said confession of Faith.Christianity is about Faith.

Go and meditate on this deeply and give me a reply.Thanks.
Lest u 4get there is only one Faith.
Re: Pleading The Blood Of Jesus Christ by Nobody: 12:00am On Sep 27, 2014
Olusanya333: Lest u 4get there is only one Faith.
Faith is both active and passive.Do you have a study bible?
Re: Pleading The Blood Of Jesus Christ by Olusanya333(m): 12:05am On Sep 27, 2014
Bidam: Faith is both active and passive.Do you have a study bible?
You have two faith but the Bible has One.can u see there is a problem?

1 Like

Re: Pleading The Blood Of Jesus Christ by Nobody: 12:10am On Sep 27, 2014
Olusanya333: You have two faith but the Bible has One.can u see there is a problem?
i said Faith is..i never said Faith are...which skool did u attend Smh!
Re: Pleading The Blood Of Jesus Christ by Nobody: 12:14am On Sep 27, 2014
Olusanya333: You have two faith but the Bible has One.can u see there is a problem?
grin This guy na clown sha, you don make sleep commot for my eye sef..oya bring out your bible lets discuss why faith is not only passive but active...Ayam waitingcheesy.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Muslims Throw 12 Christians Into Sea On Their Way To Europe(video) / Secular Researchers Agree: Worldviews Control Science! / Afa Consultation For Igbo Dibia Afa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.