Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,209 members, 7,953,774 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 05:35 AM

Pleading The Blood Of Jesus Christ - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pleading The Blood Of Jesus Christ (2432 Views)

PHOTO: The "Real" Face Of Jesus Uncovered / Nigerians, Road Accidents And The Blood Of Jesus. / So There Is A Street In Lagos Called Blood Of Jesus Street?! (see Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pleading The Blood Of Jesus Christ by vooks: 6:09am On Sep 27, 2014
You don't see blood of Jesus 'pleaded' anywhere in scriptures. Why are you pleading it?
You don't even see it being confessed anywhere

Bidam: grin This guy na clown sha, you don make sleep commot for my eye sef..oya bring out your bible lets discuss why faith is not only passive but active...Ayam waitingcheesy.
Re: Pleading The Blood Of Jesus Christ by Olusanya333(m): 6:32am On Sep 27, 2014
Bidam: grin This guy na clown sha, you don make sleep commot for my eye sef..oya bring out your bible lets discuss why faith is not only passive but active...Ayam waitingcheesy.
Faith indeed..,,insult is nt in Christain Faith. Will be back for discussion.Moreover u can add me on 2go with Elijah6919 as it provide quick chatting.
Re: Pleading The Blood Of Jesus Christ by Nobody: 11:25am On Sep 27, 2014
vooks: You don't see blood of Jesus 'pleaded' anywhere in scriptures. Why are you pleading it?
You don't even see it being confessed anywhere

I quoted a scriptural witness in Rev12:11 which you interpreted privately, giving a lame excuse for escape saying the revelation was 100yrs or whatever that means..as if you were the with those folks.

Like i keep on saying since you are hard of hearing, it is a confession of faith..pleading the blood is a statement of faith...Read the american revised version of this verse without adding any bias and prejudice to it,"because of the blood of the lamb and because of the word of their testimony"...it is literally saying the blood and the confession of their faith..I even asked you what is their testimony,, you couldn't give a reasonable reply.

The testimony of the patriachs is found in Heb 11. Like i told olusanya earlier Faith is both active and passive and we know that without Faith we cannot please God. The passive side of faith is trusting, waiting, looking,surrendering and the active side is action,claiming,stepping out, pressing foward,persevering,confession standing firm( pls study more on it) most theologians use to talk about only the passive side of it neglecting the active side of it.

All God's gift including the sacrifice of His Son must be RECEIVED, that is accepted or taken IN BY FAITH believing is NOT ENOUGH.

The greek word for receiving and taking is the same....receiving not only implies God's bestowment, but our acceptance..."Lambano"-implies a more active taking while "Dechomai"-implies a passive acceptance..and the more reason why Christians are urged to EXERCISE THEIR FAITH by going to God and PLEADING on the platform of God's word.

Most folks here are erroneously taking pleading to mean begging or appealing, this is wrong. Though we might not see the exact statement "pleading the blood in scripture" just as we might not see words like "supernatural", trinity, or bible in scriptures but that doesn't negate the reality of those words found in scriptures.

The truth is the blood of Jesus is the basis of our victory but we have to add our testimony, our confession to it and this is done by faith like i stated earlier.We take a STAND against the advesary by saying what the word of God says.

It is just like saying by the stripes of Jesus, i am healed...we don't just believe it...we CONFESS His word...

Lemme show you another scripture, if you aren't satisfied with the other one..Look closely @ Romans 3:25..I do not have the luxury of quoting all of it because am not on my lappy right now...It says THROUGH FAITH IN JESUS BLOOD. we have a propitiation that means we have a restoration to fellowship with God. It is not enough to believe in the blood or to have knowledge of it. There must be an application of it.

I have checked what to plead means as used in bible passages and i found amazingly that it is used in a wide variety of context...for example when God is said to plead with man in isaiah 66:16kjv, it means God states his side of the case..and not that he is begging man..it is a judicial act that admits no reply.

Another meaning of plead is to argue in support of a claim or in defense against the claim of another....to urge reason for or against a thing...to attempt to persuade one by argument or supplication.

Examples abound in scriptures but for time lemme quote few ones.

Is43:26"let us plead together...meaning let us present our arguments on both side.

Ps 35:1..plead means strive, contend...Job13:19,23:6 and a host of others... But i believe the word plead as used for the blood is to intercede, to make petition for..it is from the greek word"huperentugechano".
Re: Pleading The Blood Of Jesus Christ by Nobody: 11:34am On Sep 27, 2014
Olusanya333: Faith indeed..,,insult is nt in Christain Faith. Will be back for discussion.Moreover u can add me on 2go with Elijah6919 as it provide quick chatting.
Ok, i take it back if it offends you. I just took what you said humourosly but if you are edgy about it no wahala..asper the other instance, am always available here on this forum, anything you wanna discuss,issokay to say it here for the benefit of all.Thanks.cheesy
Re: Pleading The Blood Of Jesus Christ by Olusanya333(m): 11:44am On Sep 27, 2014
Bidam: Ok, i take it back if it offends you. I just took what you said humourosly but if you are edgy about it no wahala..asper the other instance, am always available here on this forum, anything you wanna discuss,issokay to say it here for the benefit of all.Thanks.cheesy
No qualms bro,so what are we discussing?
Re: Pleading The Blood Of Jesus Christ by vooks: 6:18am On Sep 30, 2014
Bidam: I quoted a scriptural witness in Rev12:11 which you interpreted privately, giving a lame excuse for escape saying the revelation was 100yrs or whatever that means..as if you were the with those folks.

Like i keep on saying since you are hard of hearing, it is a confession of faith..pleading the blood is a statement of faith...Read the american revised version of this verse without adding any bias and prejudice to it,"because of the blood of the lamb and because of the word of their testimony"...it is literally saying the blood and the confession of their faith..I even asked you what is their testimony,, you couldn't give a reasonable reply.

Am hard of hearing, in fact am completely deaf to man made traditions sir!

The testimony of the patriachs is found in Heb 11. Like i told olusanya earlier Faith is both active and passive and we know that without Faith we cannot please God. The passive side of faith is trusting, waiting, looking,surrendering and the active side is action,claiming,stepping out, pressing foward,persevering,confession standing firm( pls study more on it) most theologians use to talk about only the passive side of it neglecting the active side of it.

Can you demonstrate Biblical examples of 'passive' versus 'active' faith?

All God's gift including the sacrifice of His Son must be RECEIVED, that is accepted or taken IN BY FAITH believing is NOT ENOUGH.

The greek word for receiving and taking is the same....receiving not only implies God's bestowment, but our acceptance..."Lambano"-implies a more active taking while "Dechomai"-implies a passive acceptance..and the more reason why Christians are urged to EXERCISE THEIR FAITH by going to God and PLEADING on the platform of God's word.

Most folks here are erroneously taking pleading to mean begging or appealing, this is wrong. Though we might not see the exact statement "pleading the blood in scripture" just as we might not see words like "supernatural", trinity, or bible in scriptures but that doesn't negate the reality of those words found in scriptures.

The truth is the blood of Jesus is the basis of our victory but we have to add our testimony, our confession to it and this is done by faith like i stated earlier.We take a STAND against the advesary by saying what the word of God says.

It is just like saying by the stripes of Jesus, i am healed...we don't just believe it...we CONFESS His word...

Read this example of Primitive/Early CHristians using scriptures to engage warfare

[b]Acts 4:18- 31 (KJV)
18 And they called them, and commanded them not to speak at all nor teach in the name of Jesus.
19 But Peter and John answered and said unto them, Whether it be right in the sight of God to hearken unto you more than unto God, judge ye.
20 For we cannot but speak the things which we have seen and heard.
21 So when they had further threatened them, they let them go, finding nothing how they might punish them, because of the people: for all men glorified God for that which was done.
22 For the man was above forty years old, on whom this miracle of healing was shewed.
23 And being let go, they went to their own company, and reported all that the chief priests and elders had said unto them.
24 And when they heard that, they lifted up their voice to God with one accord, and said, Lord, thou art God, which hast made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and all that in them is:
25 Who by the mouth of thy servant David hast said, Why did the heathen rage, and the people imagine vain things?
26 The kings of the earth stood up, and the rulers were gathered together against the Lord, and against his Christ.
27 For of a truth against thy holy child Jesus, whom thou hast anointed, both Herod, and Pontius Pilate, with the Gentiles, and the people of Israel, were gathered together,
28 For to do whatsoever thy hand and thy counsel determined before to be done.
29 And now, Lord, behold their threatenings: and grant unto thy servants, that with all boldness they may speak thy word,
30 By stretching forth thine hand to heal; and that signs and wonders may be done by the name of thy holy child Jesus.
31 And when they had prayed, the place was shaken where they were assembled together; and they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and they spake the word of God with boldness.
[/b]

That is how you use scriptures in warfare, you don't ADD non-existent concepts. They asked for boldness, they received boldness

Lemme show you another scripture, if you aren't satisfied with the other one..Look closely @ Romans 3:25..I do not have the luxury of quoting all of it because am not on my lappy right now...It says THROUGH FAITH IN JESUS BLOOD. we have a propitiation that means we have a restoration to fellowship with God. It is not enough to believe in the blood or to have knowledge of it. There must be an application of it.

FAITH IN JESUS is very different from 'I PLEAD THE BLOOD OF JESUS nonsense. Every believer must believe that Jesus shed his blood for them. That's all it takes. Blood is not a weapon you wield like a magic wand

I have checked what to plead means as used in bible passages and i found amazingly that it is used in a wide variety of context...for example when God is said to plead with man in isaiah 66:16kjv, it means God states his side of the case..and not that he is begging man..it is a judicial act that admits no reply.

Another meaning of plead is to argue in support of a claim or in defense against the claim of another....to urge reason for or against a thing...to attempt to persuade one by argument or supplication.

Examples abound in scriptures but for time lemme quote few ones.

Is43:26"let us plead together...meaning let us present our arguments on both side.

Ps 35:1..plead means strive, contend...Job13:19,23:6 and a host of others... But i believe the word plead as used for the blood is to intercede, to make petition for..it is from the greek word"huperentugechano".

Again, the blood of Jesus the lamb who was slain from the foundation is not sitting somewhere in a spiritual jar waiting for you to splash it all over with hyssop! Only the High priest spinkled blood on BEHALF of the people

1 Like

Re: Pleading The Blood Of Jesus Christ by Kei144(m): 11:10am On Sep 30, 2014
Job 42:4 “You said, `Listen now, and I will speak; I will question you, and you shall answer me.’
Job 42:5 My ears had heard of you but now my eyes have seen you.
Job 42:6 Therefore I despise myself and repent in dust and ashes.”

Some people think that spiritual matters are all about reading and hearing about them; mere head knowledge. The power of spiritual matters is in experiencing them. Experience is the best teacher. If spiritual matters ended only at head knowledge, I would never be a believer, because I am a kind of person that hates wasting my time on what I cannot prove to be useful. As for the blood of Jesus, if you experience the blood of Jesus in action, you won't waste time posting things you don't know on this forum. One of my greatest experience of the power of the blood of Jesus was about two years ago. A woman was sick in my place of work and was lying on a table. The only way I knew to express my love to her in her situation was to lay my hand on her body and begin to fill the body with the blood of Jesus by word of faith. I then overcame the sickness by the blood of Jesus through word of faith. I went my way. Few weeks later, another woman in the same organization told me that she saw the woman that I prayed for testifying to a group of people how she was very sick and I prayed for her, thereafter she slept off and then woke up to see that she was perfectly healthy.

With that experience, last year I was poisoned with witchcraft poison; I filled my abdominal region with the blood of Jesus through word of faith and the poison (spirit of infirmity) left me.
Re: Pleading The Blood Of Jesus Christ by vooks: 10:43pm On Sep 30, 2014
Sir,
Our experiences MUST NEVER be magnified ABOVE the revealed Word of God.
I test my dreams,wishes,actions,feelings..... against the 66 books we call the Bible
It is condescending to imagine that you are more spiritual than me but I forgive you

It is subjective 'experiences' such as yours that have birthed false doctrines, heresies and turned many into blasphemous and apostasy. Joseph Smith who founded LDS/ Mormons had vivid experiences too. I don't see anybody 'applying' the blood of Jesus to heal in the scriptures yet healings took place. Did Holy Spirit forget to teach this powerful weapon?

Kei144: Job 42:4 “You said, `Listen now, and I will speak; I will question you, and you shall answer me.’
Job 42:5 My ears had heard of you but now my eyes have seen you.
Job 42:6 Therefore I despise myself and repent in dust and ashes.”

Some people think that spiritual matters are all about reading and hearing about them; mere head knowledge. The power of spiritual matters is in experiencing them. Experience is the best teacher. If spiritual matters ended only at head knowledge, I would never be a believer, because I am a kind of person that hates wasting my time on what I cannot prove to be useful. As for the blood of Jesus, if you experience the blood of Jesus in action, you won't waste time posting things you don't know on this forum. One of my greatest experience of the power of the blood of Jesus was about two years ago. A woman was sick in my place of work and was lying on a table. The only way I knew to express my love to her in her situation was to lay my hand on her body and begin to fill the body with the blood of Jesus by word of faith. I then overcame the sickness by the blood of Jesus through word of faith. I went my way. Few weeks later, another woman in the same organization told me that she saw the woman that I prayed for testifying to a group of people how she was very sick and I prayed for her, thereafter she slept off and then woke up to see that she was perfectly healthy.

With that experience, last year I was poisoned with witchcraft poison; I filled my abdominal region with the blood of Jesus through word of faith and the poison (spirit of infirmity) left me.

2 Likes

Re: Pleading The Blood Of Jesus Christ by nuwell(m): 10:49am On Oct 01, 2014
Brothers,
I have also discovered that too often we make doctrines out of our subjective personal experiences, and worse still, attempt to persuade or even impose them on others. The inevitable result is confusion and discord because such experiences are usually coloured by our prejudices, upbringings, traditions and customs, from which we are being delivered and transformed, as our minds are being renewed by God's word. There's already enough disparity in our backgrounds and cultural values. God presents an entirely new way of life that is not based on any human value system. It is a brand new way of life, not a modification of a pre-existing one

Paul admonishes Timothy in 2Tim 3:16 '...ALL Scripture is given by inspiration of God and is profitable for doctrine...' among other functions, and not one man's interpretation of the Bible. Besides, 'ALL Scripture' supposes that no part will contradict the other but will rather help to clarify it.

In church today, we find many acceptable and recommended practices with no absolutely no basis in the Scriptures, and hence subject to personal interpretation and application with each new proponent. So many of the doctrines are hand-me-down teachings that are progressively and inevitably distorted as they are passed from one man to the other. But we have the Word of God that stands sure and is a guide throughout the generations to evaluate what is true and is false.

I have asked this same question about this popular practice of using the blood of Jesus, for which I can find no basis in Scripture, besides the fact that it sounds and feels derogatory of Jesus to me sometimes, and fetish and superstitious at other times.

One other problem I observe today is that Christians can't seem to totally accept the truth that Jesus has done all that is necessary to obtain God's approval of us, and that nothing we will do or not do will change God's opinion of us, as long as we abide in Christ. What indeed can separate us from God's love! Why do we feel the need to add something to it rather than just simply believe. The condition in John 3:16 is '....that whosoever believes in Jesus would not perish but have everlasting life.'

Anything we do to please God then should be as a result of a progressively increasing knowledge of God's love (we love Him because He first loved us) and not by some human prescription, from which Jesus has even delivered us. We must come to and remain in God on His terms, not ours. We think too highly of ourselves when we think we can appease God any more than Jesus already has.

'Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh?' Gal 3:3

See Colossians 2:20 - 23
Wherefore if ye be dead with Christ from the rudiments of the world, why, as though living in the world, are ye subject to ordinances,
Touch not; taste not; handle not; Which all are to perish with the using after the commandments and doctrines of men? Which things have indeed a shew of wisdom in will worship, and humility, and neglecting of the body; not in any honour to the satisfying of the flesh.

'This is all that I have learned: God made us plain and simple, but we have made ourselves very complicated.' Ecc. 7:29 (GNB)

1 Like

Re: Pleading The Blood Of Jesus Christ by vooks: 9:06am On Oct 02, 2014
Thank you nuwell,
When I first heard that December 25th Christmas was nowhere in the Bible I couldn't believe it. I dug and dug and came up empty. Unfortunately believers cling to traditions too strongly that they forget their sole Authority is to be derived from scriptures, the Inspired Word of God

CHristmas may be harmless but it has no Biblical basis; it is a mere late tradition
When you find believers quoting their MoGs quotable quotes better than scriptures then you got it bad
nuwell: Brothers,
I have also discovered that too often we make doctrines out of our subjective personal experiences, and worse still, attempt to persuade or even impose them on others. The inevitable result is confusion and discord because such experiences are usually coloured by our prejudices, upbringings, traditions and customs, from which we are being delivered and transformed, as our minds are being renewed by God's word. There's already enough disparity in our backgrounds and cultural values. God presents an entirely new way of life that is not based on any human value system. It is a brand new way of life, not a modification of a pre-existing one

Paul admonishes Timothy in 2Tim 3:16 '...ALL Scripture is given by inspiration of God and is profitable for doctrine...' among other functions, and not one man's interpretation of the Bible. Besides, 'ALL Scripture' supposes that no part will contradict the other but will rather help to clarify it.

In church today, we find many acceptable and recommended practices with no absolutely no basis in the Scriptures, and hence subject to personal interpretation and application with each new proponent. So many of the doctrines are hand-me-down teachings that are progressively and inevitably distorted as they are passed from one man to the other. But we have the Word of God that stands sure and is a guide throughout the generations to evaluate what is true and is false.

I have asked this same question about this popular practice of using the blood of Jesus, for which I can find no basis in Scripture, besides the fact that it sounds and feels derogatory of Jesus to me sometimes, and fetish and superstitious at other times.

One other problem I observe today is that Christians can't seem to totally accept the truth that Jesus has done all that is necessary to obtain God's approval of us, and that nothing we will do or not do will change God's opinion of us, as long as we abide in Christ. What indeed can separate us from God's love! Why do we feel the need to add something to it rather than just simply believe. The condition in John 3:16 is '....that whosoever believes in Jesus would not perish but have everlasting life.'

Anything we do to please God then should be as a result of a progressively increasing knowledge of God's love (we love Him because He first loved us) and not by some human prescription, from which Jesus has even delivered us. We must come to and remain in God on His terms, not ours. We think too highly of ourselves when we think we can appease God any more than Jesus already has.

'Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh?' Gal 3:3

See Colossians 2:20 - 23
Wherefore if ye be dead with Christ from the rudiments of the world, why, as though living in the world, are ye subject to ordinances,
Touch not; taste not; handle not; Which all are to perish with the using after the commandments and doctrines of men? Which things have indeed a shew of wisdom in will worship, and humility, and neglecting of the body; not in any honour to the satisfying of the flesh.

'This is all that I have learned: God made us plain and simple, but we have made ourselves very complicated.' Ecc. 7:29 (GNB)
Re: Pleading The Blood Of Jesus Christ by nuwell(m): 6:29pm On Oct 02, 2014
^^
Still on the issue...Christmas and many other mordern church practices may be harmless, despite having no Scriptural basis. However, it is entirely wrong for anyone to impose their preferences on someone else, teaching and judging the other person unworthy of God's love and favour because they don't subscribe to such observances. And this happens a lot today in church. All in the name of 'being united in Spirit', people are made to do stuff that they are not even comfortable with, or cannot justify. Where then is the liberty that Christ sacrificed himself for us to have? Why do we heap to ourselves weights that detract from the confidence with which we may now approach the throne of grace to obtain mercy and grace in time of need? The very weights we are admonished to lay aside, alongside easily besetting sins to run the race that is set before us.

'Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days: Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ.' Col. 2:16 - 17

(1) (2) (Reply)

PICTURES - T.B. Joshua's 2015 New Year Message / Trouble In Catholic Church / Photo: Olumba Olumba Obu Consecrates 214 New Bishops And 2 Arch-bishops.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.