Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,644 members, 7,809,424 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:20 AM

What's In Your Wallet? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What's In Your Wallet? (376 Views)

What Do You Do If A Condom Falls From Your Wallet Into The Offering Basket?!!! / Things You Need To Think About Before Emptying Your Wallet To Your Pastors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What's In Your Wallet? by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:00pm On Sep 25, 2014
Confessions of a former violent criminal

Hi Ray, I am a former violent criminal, an ex-biker gang member in Scotland, I was a bouncer, got involved running brothels in Soho, London and worked as a bodyguard with The Rolling Stones before getting involved in full time crime as an extortionist for gangsters.
I was charged with attempted extortion, and while on bail I walked past a street preacher in Musselburgh just outside Edinburgh. I thought he was crazy and laughed at him before spotting a wallet full of money on the curb. I quickly snatched it up to discover it was one of your wallet tracts.

I read the whole thing and felt that I was bad...but it was too late for me. I kept the tract, and a few weeks later I was sent to prison for 4 yrs and then had another year and a half added on for contempt of court.

In that prison I was bugged to go to a Bible study by a Christian inmate, and changed my mind when I heard about the nice coffee and biscuits on offer. That evening as the other prisoners sang "open the eyes of my heart Lord" I began to cry and that night in my cell I kept thinking about your wallet tract and the good person test...I knew I was headed for Hell.

The following day my friend followed up by giving me a Bible and that night I opened it and read Ezekiel 18:27-32 where God talked about a wicked man and if he turns away from wickedness and does what is just and right he can receive a new heart and a new Spirit.
The following week I went back to the Bible study and asked the pastor how to get the new heart and Spirit and what is just and right. He said it's JUST to repent and ask Jesus to forgive you....and RIGHT to surrender your life to Him. And because He is JUST and RIGHT He will give you that new heart and Spirit. I did, and Jesus completely changed me.

I was released from prison in May 2007 and have served the Lord since then as a full-time voluntary evangelist with a desire to share the Gospel and equip Christians to do the sameā€¦that wallet tract was scorched into my conscious and with the help of that Pastor and your tract I was aware of my need of Jesus.

John Lawson

www.livingwaters.com

(1) (Reply)

You Must Be Holy~daily Manna / Thou Shalt Guide Me... / To All Religions Outside There

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.