Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,643 members, 7,809,416 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:11 AM

He Ignored My Pregnancy Because Of His Wife’s Pregnancy - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / He Ignored My Pregnancy Because Of His Wife’s Pregnancy (3854 Views)

How A Wife Lost Her 7 Months Old Pregnancy Because Of Her Husband / Is My Wife's Pregnancy Overdue? / Can She Abort Pregnancy Because Of Church Wedding? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

He Ignored My Pregnancy Because Of His Wife’s Pregnancy by simpleseyi: 7:35am On Sep 26, 2014
Please, help me out of this predicament. When my mother asked me to leave home and stay with her cousin and family members in Lagos, I am sure she did not bargain for what has happened to me. My mother is too peace loving to want this kind of life for me.

She has been doing it all alone, since our father died 11 years ago when I was just nine, my elder brother was 11 while my younger sister was just six. She wanted us; her children to have a better life, that was my father’s desire before he died prematurely. Despite the fact that the little he had and left for us were taken away by his family members leaving us with little or nothing, my mother will stop at nothing to make sure we were educated.

She was single handedly responsible for my elder brother’s schooling. So when I wrote and passed with flying colours my senior secondary school examinations and her cousin promised to help out with my schooling, she was relieved and happy to allow me go with her, though, not without she was very sure it was what I wanted.

I did not write UTME, because we had agreed that I would stay a year at home, so that my brother’s fees would not be a burden. My mother’s cousin runs a very big unisex fashion outfit in Lagos, and we all agreed that it would be nice if I learnt fashion designing, while waiting to write my examination.

When we got to Lagos, my auntie’s husband did not agree initially for me to learn in her outfit. He said I should go to a regular school and prepare for my examinations without distractions. I pleaded with him to allow me do the training. So I trained in the mornings and attended extra-murals in the evenings.

After about six months that I have been going to my auntie’s shop in the mornings, she summoned me into her office one evening when one of her regular customers who also happen to be our church member was with her. When I entered, she asked me to take a seat, I was scared because my aunty is very strict with her work, I thought I had done something wrong. She asked me to relax after which she spoke to me about her visitor’s mission.

According to her, he came to ask for my hand in marriage. I was shocked! My hand in marriage? A born again member of a pentecostal assembly who is already married? I told my aunty to tell him that I was too young for that as all I wanted was to go to the university.

My aunty asked him to leave as she would speak with me and give him a feedback. When he left, my aunty called me back into her office and told me the benefits of dating him and having a child for him. She was the one who told me that he had been married for 15 years without a child and wanted a young innocent girl who would marry him and give him children.

I asked if it was right because he was still married to his wife and a Christian. My aunty asked me to forget these observation of mine because according to her, I needed to learn a lot. When we got home later, she raised it with me, I gave her the same answer. She shouted at me. When her husband asked what the issue was, she said it was nothing and she warned me not to tell her husband.

That was how we started. She even made me see why marrying and having a child for him would ease things for my family and I. Eventually, I agreed but not without his firm promise that he would be responsible for my education. My aunty promised to speak with my mother, she however made me promise not to speak with her husband about this for now.

This was how we started our affairs. Uncle Kunle; that’s his name was nice to me and very helpful with funds for my mother. I wrote my UTME and passed. I discovered I was pregnant the day I went to write my post UTME.

I told my aunty how I was feeling and she took me to the hospital where it was confirmed that I was pregnant. She said we should wait till after church on Sunday that she would find a way of telling him. This was because; we haven’t seen him for two weeks prior to then. We later learnt that his wife had been ill. Both of us were however shocked when Uncle Kunle came out and gave a testimony that his wife had conceived.

It took me all the strength I had in me not to faint when he announced this and everyone was happy and cheering. I couldn’t weep or cheer. When we got home, I asked my aunty what next and she asked me to be patient. We have been waiting patiently for him for almost two months now.

My auntie’s husband is beginning to suspect that something is wrong. He has been asking, but my aunty said I shouldn’t tell him anything. Please, what should I do? Kindly help me. I also wanted to go home and see my mother, but my aunty won’t allow me.

SOURCE: http://www.tribune.com.ng/heartcopy/item/16995-he-ignored-my-pregnancy-because-of-his-wife-s-pregnancy

1 Like

Re: He Ignored My Pregnancy Because Of His Wife’s Pregnancy by Nobody: 7:49am On Sep 26, 2014
Eyaa stories that touch the heart

1 Like

Re: He Ignored My Pregnancy Because Of His Wife’s Pregnancy by Cikoloko(m): 7:51am On Sep 26, 2014
Op is your mum aware of this arrangement?
Re: He Ignored My Pregnancy Because Of His Wife’s Pregnancy by coldfury: 8:03am On Sep 26, 2014
Did anybody read that? ..abeg come yarn me d tori cheesy
Re: He Ignored My Pregnancy Because Of His Wife’s Pregnancy by omotolatoyosi(f): 8:08am On Sep 26, 2014
grin. Ori omo lo pomo waye

1 Like

Re: He Ignored My Pregnancy Because Of His Wife’s Pregnancy by Nobody: 8:13am On Sep 26, 2014
You are o a long thing, my sister.Why on earth will you ever allow anyone cajole you into such an act.Strict Aunty or not.You will have the baby nau,give your Aunt,then proceed to school.You are 'Christians' ,abortion is against your faith.

1 Like

Re: He Ignored My Pregnancy Because Of His Wife’s Pregnancy by Nobody: 8:20am On Sep 26, 2014
Eyah! So touching.

I love her stupidity.

10 Likes

Re: He Ignored My Pregnancy Because Of His Wife’s Pregnancy by EfemenaXY: 8:23am On Sep 26, 2014
Yet another story that touches the heart, but this time enshrined in secrecy, deception, naivety, and child abuse.

Interesting mix for a Nollywood series...

1 Like

Re: He Ignored My Pregnancy Because Of His Wife’s Pregnancy by 5minsmadness: 8:25am On Sep 26, 2014
coldfury: Did anybody read that? ..abeg come yarn me d tori cheesy
Basically innocent young girl was lured into getting pregnant for a church elder whose wife couldn't concieve only for the wife to get pregnant soon after he impregnated her.

Now aunty doesn't want her to tell anyone cos aunty was the one that put her in this predicament.

I'm so pissed off right now.

2 Likes

Re: He Ignored My Pregnancy Because Of His Wife’s Pregnancy by eleojo23: 8:29am On Sep 26, 2014
This girl was so naive and the adults who should be looking out for her used her to play their own selfish game.

The sad fact on ground is that she's going to have to bear the child. An abortion is out of the question because of the risk involved and also considering her religious orientation.

She should talk to her mother on time so that they can figure out the way forward. She's still very young and it would be very bad for her to sacrifice her dreams because of this incident. Sure, everything won't be the same again but all is not lost yet.
She can have the child and her mother can take care of it while she continues her education if she has the means...

2 Likes

Re: He Ignored My Pregnancy Because Of His Wife’s Pregnancy by coldfury: 8:33am On Sep 26, 2014
5minsmadness:
Basically innocent young girl was lured into getting pregnant for a church elder whose wife couldn't concieve only for the wife to get pregnant soon after he impregnated her.

Now aunty doesn't want her to tell anyone cos aunty was the one that put her in this predicament.

Oh.. that's sad.
Re: He Ignored My Pregnancy Because Of His Wife’s Pregnancy by laplace19(m): 8:37am On Sep 26, 2014
Story for the gods....

But the gods are wise grin
Re: He Ignored My Pregnancy Because Of His Wife’s Pregnancy by ifyalways(f): 8:45am On Sep 26, 2014
To God be the glory!

Produced by Chico Ejiro, marketed by Ossy Affason. 22 idumota way alaba lagos, 4 pounds road Aba, 22 iweka road Onitsha. cheesy

10 Likes

Re: He Ignored My Pregnancy Because Of His Wife’s Pregnancy by EfemenaXY: 8:46am On Sep 26, 2014
^^ Haha!

Good morning Ify! cheesy grin
Re: He Ignored My Pregnancy Because Of His Wife’s Pregnancy by kreamidiva(f): 8:57am On Sep 26, 2014
ifyalways: To God be the glory!

Produced by Chico Ejiro, marketed by Ossy Affason. 22 idumota way alaba lagos, 4 pounds road Aba, 22 iweka road Onitsha. cheesy

Lol Ify, you forgot "watch out for of part two".

1 Like

Re: He Ignored My Pregnancy Because Of His Wife’s Pregnancy by cococandy(f): 9:38am On Sep 26, 2014
You forgot ebipenjo lane idumota lagos.
grin grin
ifyalways: To God be the glory!

2 Likes

Re: He Ignored My Pregnancy Because Of His Wife’s Pregnancy by Nobody: 9:40am On Sep 26, 2014
coldfury: Did anybody read that? ..abeg come yarn me d tori cheesy
The innocent small girl wey wan go school come agree to become second wife of one born again brother wey no get child. as the brother score goal inside innocentina's belle, na him d goal kuku resound inside the first wife belle!! now innocentina don dey confused as the man no come dey interested in away match again!!
What should she do??

8 Likes

Re: He Ignored My Pregnancy Because Of His Wife’s Pregnancy by obowunmi(m): 9:43am On Sep 26, 2014
It's appears this girl has really low IQ. But then it makes so much sense because Nigerians are taught to be very obedient. Never asking questions to authority figures.

Reminds me of a psychology experiment in Obedience years ago... can someone remind me again? where people were asked to torture themselves and others and they gladly did.

@Lady, the only problem is that you were born in Nigeria and your predicament took you to a Satanic Aunty. Doesn't she have her own kids?

2 Likes

Re: He Ignored My Pregnancy Because Of His Wife’s Pregnancy by EfemenaXY: 9:51am On Sep 26, 2014
bestestgirl:
The innocent small girl wey wan go school come agree to become second wife of one born again brother wey no get child. as the brother score goal inside innocentina's belle, na him d goal kuku resound inside the first wife belle!! now innocentina don dey confused as the man no come dey interested in away match again!!
What should she do??

Lol!

Madam, you're truly talented. Ever considered a change of career? grin
Re: He Ignored My Pregnancy Because Of His Wife’s Pregnancy by obowunmi(m): 9:52am On Sep 26, 2014
The Milgram Experiment of Obedience.
Re: He Ignored My Pregnancy Because Of His Wife’s Pregnancy by 5minsmadness: 10:13am On Sep 26, 2014
obowunmi: The Milgram Experiment of Obedience.
Very interesting read.

The willingness to obey authority no matter how stupid.

That's the main problem with Nigeria.
That's why the Bible advocates for good leaders .
Very interesting.

1 Like

Re: He Ignored My Pregnancy Because Of His Wife’s Pregnancy by cococandy(f): 10:43am On Sep 26, 2014
Really? So you agree it's a problem.
New one.
I thought you're the 'obey at all cost' kind of person
5minsmadness:
Very interesting read.

The willingness to obey authority no matter how stupid.

That's the main problem with Nigeria.
That's why the Bible advocates for good leaders .
Very interesting.
Re: He Ignored My Pregnancy Because Of His Wife’s Pregnancy by Godmystrength: 11:18am On Sep 26, 2014
5minsmadness:

really? cheesy cheesy
Re: He Ignored My Pregnancy Because Of His Wife’s Pregnancy by Nobody: 11:24am On Sep 26, 2014
EfemenaXY:

Lol!

Madam, you're truly talented. Ever considered a change of career? grin

grin grin grin blame it on wazobia fm
Re: He Ignored My Pregnancy Because Of His Wife’s Pregnancy by Godmother(f): 11:34am On Sep 26, 2014
Stories for the gods
Re: He Ignored My Pregnancy Because Of His Wife’s Pregnancy by Janeify(f): 12:20pm On Sep 26, 2014
kulkatty: Eyaa stories that touch the heart
i tell you...too bad
Re: He Ignored My Pregnancy Because Of His Wife’s Pregnancy by Nobody: 2:12pm On Sep 26, 2014
Abort the damn thing.

4 Likes

Re: He Ignored My Pregnancy Because Of His Wife’s Pregnancy by reaky(m): 2:50pm On Sep 26, 2014
Cant believe am watching this Nigeria movie
Ekene biko change that station abeg

1 Like

Re: He Ignored My Pregnancy Because Of His Wife’s Pregnancy by sexymoma(f): 3:22pm On Sep 26, 2014
Shey if your aunt tell u say make u put hand for fire u go put am. angry
My sister there nothing we can do..
Give birth to the baby and accept your faith...

Wait o e be like say na Funke Akindele produce this movie o angry
Title: Omugo o raye wa grin
Re: He Ignored My Pregnancy Because Of His Wife’s Pregnancy by freshness2020: 5:38pm On Sep 26, 2014
♈όϋ better run for Ūя̲̅ life!
The next one will be her asking ♈όϋ to abort the baby!
Re: He Ignored My Pregnancy Because Of His Wife’s Pregnancy by Sarimah(f): 6:14pm On Sep 26, 2014
Ur aunt will destroy u if u dnt leave dat house
Re: He Ignored My Pregnancy Because Of His Wife’s Pregnancy by ifyalways(f): 7:13am On Sep 27, 2014
kreamidiva:

Lol Ify, you forgot "watch out for of part two".
Lol.

cococandy: You forgot ebipenjo lane idumota lagos.
grin grin
And Ghana too.

Good morning, Efe kiss

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Help In Pregnancy / Do You Know Some Men Are The Wife In Many Marriages / Am I A Bad Person?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.