Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,992 members, 7,821,460 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:17 PM

5 Bad Reasons Why Women Let Men Hit Them - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 5 Bad Reasons Why Women Let Men Hit Them (845 Views)

Why Women Are The Weaker Sex And What Men's Roles Are. / 5 Bad Habit People In Face Me I Face You Houses Are Fond Of / Why Women Should Be Financially Independent. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Bad Reasons Why Women Let Men Hit Them by Cpumping(m): 12:21pm On Sep 26, 2014
1. “He was drunk”. So what? He will be drunk again. And although I have personally never been drunk, I know many people who do occasionally get intoxicated- NONE of them hit their women. Your husband or boyfriend is not NORMAL. Stop trying to convince yourself he is.

2. “He’s under a lot of stress”. Real men deal with stress by hitting the gym, hitting a golf ball or even hitting the buffet. They do NOT hit women. Stress is not a gateway emotion to violence for healthy, normal men.

3. “I deserved it”. What? No. There is nothing you or any woman can do to validate violence against you. Maybe you have done something so bad he leaves you, but violence is not on the list of options for him to choose from when he is upset. NEVER AN OPTION.

4. “His dad abused his mom. It’s all he knows.” When I hear that statement, it makes me throw up a little in my mouth. So what if he witnessed abuse as a child?? If anything, he knows better than others the hurt and pain that comes from abuse. In life we witness lots of things that are bad but we don’t then go integrate them into our own lives. If your man abuses you because he witness abuse, let him go witness therapy. Let him go witness a support group. Let him go witness life alone without you and the children.

5. “It was only once. He apologized.” Statistics say that where there is a “first time”, there is a second time. Your response to the “first time” needs to send an incredibly clear message to your “man” that there will be no second time. Send that message so clearly it haunts him. Make a bold statement with action attached. It is the ‘action’ that will signal the level of your seriousness. That might be calling the police, it might be moving out for a week or two, it might be telling him to leave for a week or require immediate counseling. Your words to him after being hit MUST be followed up with immediate action to reinforce the true level of intolerance you have for violence against yourself.
Re: 5 Bad Reasons Why Women Let Men Hit Them by AntiWomanWrapin: 12:26pm On Sep 26, 2014
kiss I don't get a shi.t bou this
Re: 5 Bad Reasons Why Women Let Men Hit Them by EfemenaXY: 12:43pm On Sep 26, 2014
Nice points, @op. Especially the 5th one.
Re: 5 Bad Reasons Why Women Let Men Hit Them by Nobody: 12:45pm On Sep 26, 2014
I still don't get why a man would hit a woman. Is it because she's a WOMAN or because he owns her?
Totally not right for me.
Re: 5 Bad Reasons Why Women Let Men Hit Them by OkikiOluwa1(m): 12:59pm On Sep 26, 2014
None of these is still a reason!

1 Like

Re: 5 Bad Reasons Why Women Let Men Hit Them by gidjah(m): 1:13pm On Sep 26, 2014
ONCE CAN ALWAYS be a last time boy,men die before their time in union because they tend to want to manage the excesses of their spouse,IF the woman is gettin too high on the woman nature;very insultive,very loud mouthed,caustic speeches,pretty arrogant,...one slap,i mean one hot slap should not be bad ,it should be able to do d 'shut up 'magic!some times they too will tel u 'we atimes' need it,once your spouse knows you can not only bark,but can also bite,she wil put her self in check.Though I Object To Any Form Of Violence At Homes o,no matter d small level pls.let our men cherish their wives and let the women honour their men.{I Am humbly married to a pretty and calm lady,she remains my only one vil date,no violence attached pls}
Re: 5 Bad Reasons Why Women Let Men Hit Them by Jennydoris(f): 1:49pm On Sep 26, 2014
OkikiOluwa1: None of these is still a reason!

You just said my mind.
Re: 5 Bad Reasons Why Women Let Men Hit Them by Dbestmax(m): 2:10pm On Sep 26, 2014
I rep team #WalkAwaywenshemakesUangry...women are so fragile and delicate....

(1) (Reply)

Oscar Pistorius Jailed For Five Years / Why Don't Men Heed This Warning / How Facebook Help Me Reunite With My Family After 12years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.