Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,845 members, 7,820,942 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:20 AM

Interview!!!how Best Can Someone Answer The Question "May We Meet You" - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Interview!!!how Best Can Someone Answer The Question "May We Meet You" (104137 Views)

Getting Ready For Job Interview – How To Keep Calm / How To Answer The Question "Why Do You Want To Change Your Current Job" / On Interview, How Do I Answer The Salary Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Interview!!!how Best Can Someone Answer The Question "May We Meet You" by erayo2GCA(m): 6:21am On Sep 27, 2014
after all d exam wen we write for school..na wa oo
Re: Interview!!!how Best Can Someone Answer The Question "May We Meet You" by maxani: 6:22am On Sep 27, 2014
Why are interviewers lazy these days? Why would you invite someone for an interview after going through their CVs only to ask "May we meet you?".
Here's what; mention your name and qualifications that can help you on the job briefly and chip in previous job experience and hobbies that will make you outstanding on that job. Emphasis on briefly. No long stories pls!

1 Like

Re: Interview!!!how Best Can Someone Answer The Question "May We Meet You" by zigger(m): 6:28am On Sep 27, 2014
May we meet u means u re a stranger to them and they wish to know u but not ur biography. Ur work xperience/skills, ur certificate, a little abt urself(don't iclude family) and other necessary stuff. Don't go all the way
Re: Interview!!!how Best Can Someone Answer The Question "May We Meet You" by 0nyegame(m): 6:33am On Sep 27, 2014
standd: ****
In my opinion, repeating the information already on your CV may not cut it with most employers. Try to tell them your core values, your strengths, what you are bringing to the table, etc.

This is a summary of my own reply to the same question:

...Who are you?

I am Standd so so so... Born on the 15th of February 1998, in Lagos State. I attended ZCU in Ghana and graduated with a Second Class Upper Degree in Physics and ...........
I am an introverted lady who is very hardworking and diligent. I love writing, reading and travelling. I have a flair for books and I can read anything in print. I have had working experience in so so and so and I always deliver my best.
My core values are Self-respect, self-discipline, honesty, hard work and I am self motivated to always aim for my goals.
I leave no room for failure as I prepare meticulously for every task. My greatest strength lies in the fact that I assimilate quickly and I am also always willing to learn, I follow procedures, I hate procrastination and I don't condone laziness.
Being a Melphleg has made me a great listener. I possess great clarity of mind and pay attention to minute details. I find great joy in being charitable and non-judgemental. I am a young Nigerian who sees every cup half full. I am a poet and I have written up to 120 poems. Basically, I am a realist, a thinker, a performer, a giver, a doer and nurturer.
Thank you.

Op, this works for me all the time. But note that, I always fine-tune it depending on the kind of job I applied for. You dare not apply for a marketing job and claim to be an introvert oh cheesy
Hope you understand?

Nice tips

4 Likes

Re: Interview!!!how Best Can Someone Answer The Question "May We Meet You" by Ethicaliyke(m): 6:49am On Sep 27, 2014
They've said it all, note: Your personality counts most, and your presentation depends on the job description (different dresscode for different occassions ok?). cool
Re: Interview!!!how Best Can Someone Answer The Question "May We Meet You" by timilehing(m): 6:51am On Sep 27, 2014
to my own understanding, summarize your CV in short/few sentences
Re: Interview!!!how Best Can Someone Answer The Question "May We Meet You" by chukwuka12: 6:52am On Sep 27, 2014
As most have said the main thing is selling your self. That is the only time you have to tell them why they should employ and not the other people that came for interview. And an extra thing is to mention your major WINS. You were one of d best in your class, wen u worked at so so so u were able to turn the place around by doing so so, if u were in d banking sector, add the major accounts you opened and d billions that came in. Tell them your achievements..... Cheers
Re: Interview!!!how Best Can Someone Answer The Question "May We Meet You" by okych16(m): 6:52am On Sep 27, 2014
Lero15: Your name, age, state of origin, sec skl, higher institutn wit dates, nysc, job experiences, family background (if specifically asked), and hobbies.

wn't dat be too lng...na oral cv be dat na
Re: Interview!!!how Best Can Someone Answer The Question "May We Meet You" by millionboi(m): 6:53am On Sep 27, 2014
If its a pretty female intrviewr...dis wil be my ans hw i wish u mean it, b4 i wil then giv d right ans
Re: Interview!!!how Best Can Someone Answer The Question "May We Meet You" by Nobody: 6:59am On Sep 27, 2014
Girls be like....
Guy: may we meet u?...
Girl :Hell no! Wat do u take me for? A cheap girl? We only just got to know ourself n ur already inviting me to ur place?!
Guy: ??!!
#clueless
Re: Interview!!!how Best Can Someone Answer The Question "May We Meet You" by kingvicking(m): 7:00am On Sep 27, 2014
donpeey22: I went for a job interview today and after passing the written test, I couldn't scale through the oral test. While preparing for the interview, I browsed possible questions that I might be asked and on the question "may we meet you", I read that I should just give a brief introduction (not more than 3 sentences) about myself and the qualities I possess that can likely get the job done..

Based on what I studied in school, there are two question that seems to be the same, but are not really the same.
1. Can we meet you? Here you just need to give the basic info about yourself (name, education background, and post you are applying for. Other info are optional)
2. Can you sell yourself to us? In this case you are expected to give your info in a way that is both convincing and will make them wanna employ you, so you got to give all the info that could be at your advantage (name, age, education qualification, working experience, knowledge of ICT, you can also tell them why you applied in their organization {note that you have to sugar coat that, make them feel like they are the best even if they are really the worst} just make sure to add anything that can convince them to have you employed)

Note: you are not expect to link you words/sentences with em em
Eg. Am john Samson by name, em em a graduate of LASU em em am 36yrs of age etc and when at an interview always see yourself as the best applicant.
All the best

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Interview!!!how Best Can Someone Answer The Question "May We Meet You" by OkikiOluwa1(m): 7:01am On Sep 27, 2014
Marvin67: . Those are the things everyone would say, if u say those, you wouldn't captivate the employer, cos he hears those same things from almost every applicant. The question "can we meet u?" means in other words, "sell urself to us" the best way to answer it, is to tell the interview all the above mentioned detalis, and quickly add the qualities you possess that u feel would make u excel on the job.
they were mentioned in what the guy you quoted wrote, except skills which is what one can do

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Interview!!!how Best Can Someone Answer The Question "May We Meet You" by charming4: 7:06am On Sep 27, 2014
For experienced hires, after u say ur name. Just go to ur current job details, specialization and skills, achievements (very important) and if the interviewer didnt cut u during or after that, then talk about education and qualification. But i bet u, u wont have more than a minute to deliver your response so "your best foot foward".

For fresh graduates, your name, education, achievement so far, skills, then other details.

On a lighter note, i have heard people say something like , "my name is Ada Obi, I'm 23, female.....lol. No the interviewer(s) blind na.

Example of an acheivement is " I was a vital part of the team that worked on the intergration of Risk Management processes during the last merger between Bank A and Bank B. I worked

as an assistant or secretary or IT consultant for the team" . Simple and short, no stories!!

3 Likes

Re: Interview!!!how Best Can Someone Answer The Question "May We Meet You" by Jadonson(m): 7:08am On Sep 27, 2014
I need to know
Re: Interview!!!how Best Can Someone Answer The Question "May We Meet You" by Kunleskey(m): 7:15am On Sep 27, 2014
So interesting
Re: Interview!!!how Best Can Someone Answer The Question "May We Meet You" by apostlekeke(m): 7:20am On Sep 27, 2014
ednut1: am sorry sir grin. but i still cram ur tips because it works 95%
. Way to go
Re: Interview!!!how Best Can Someone Answer The Question "May We Meet You" by Nobody: 7:27am On Sep 27, 2014
Wow! Great tips. Thank you.
In my opinion, repeating the information already on your CV may not cut it with most employers. Try to tell them your core values, your strengths, what you are bringing to the table, etc.

...Who are you?

I am Standd so so so... Born on the 15th of February 1998, in Lagos State. I attended ZCU in Ghana and graduated with a Second Class Upper Degree in Physics and ...........
I am an introverted lady who is very hardworking and diligent. I love writing, reading and travelling. I have a flair for books and I can read anything in print. I have had working experience in so so and so and I always deliver my best.
My core values are Self-respect, self-discipline, honesty, hard work and I am self motivated to always aim for my goals.
I leave no room for failure as I prepare meticulously for every task. My greatest strength lies in the fact that I assimilate quickly and I am also always willing to learn, I follow procedures, I hate procrastination and I don't condone laziness.
Being a Melphleg has made me a great listener. I possess great clarity of mind and pay attention to minute details. I find great joy in being charitable and non-judgemental. I am a young Nigerian who sees every cup half full. I am a poet and I have written up to 120 poems. Basically, I am a realist, a thinker, a performer, a giver, a doer and nurturer.
Thank you.

Op, this works for me all the time. But note that, I always fine-tune it depending on the kind of job I applied for. You dare not apply for a marketing job and claim to be an introvert oh cheesy
Hope you understand?

1 Like

Re: Interview!!!how Best Can Someone Answer The Question "May We Meet You" by Williamso(m): 7:51am On Sep 27, 2014
Jarus:

Because Jarus never told you to be mechanical.

Mr Jarus, please reply me mail. Thanks
Re: Interview!!!how Best Can Someone Answer The Question "May We Meet You" by Damfash(m): 7:52am On Sep 27, 2014
Re: Interview!!!how Best Can Someone Answer The Question "May We Meet You" by okonkwouz: 8:04am On Sep 27, 2014
When interviewers ask you "May we meet you", they don't expect you to say things in your CV. That is already visible to all. They expect you to sell yourself and say things you are capable of but not stated in the CV. This question is typically an opener to assess your diction, composure and other aspects of you
A typical response to this should not last more than 2 minutes and should be concise. If more information is required by the interviewers, they will ask.

1 Like

Re: Interview!!!how Best Can Someone Answer The Question "May We Meet You" by femi4: 8:11am On Sep 27, 2014
Na wa o, you cram graduate for school, you still dey cram for job interview.
When are you guys going to be natural and be yourself

3 Likes

Re: Interview!!!how Best Can Someone Answer The Question "May We Meet You" by femi4: 8:18am On Sep 27, 2014
Damfash: Someone should help with this question.
Other qualites like leadership position held, your beliefs and what drives you.
Re: Interview!!!how Best Can Someone Answer The Question "May We Meet You" by sekzy99(m): 8:19am On Sep 27, 2014
For reference

...Who are you?

Thank you.

Hope you understand?

Re: Interview!!!how Best Can Someone Answer The Question "May We Meet You" by DMilanista: 8:20am On Sep 27, 2014
gringrin Jarus tips helping Nigerian graduates since 1800 BC....My name is Surajudeen Oyewole born some 30yrs ago in Kwara state.

6 Likes

Re: Interview!!!how Best Can Someone Answer The Question "May We Meet You" by ednut1(m): 8:23am On Sep 27, 2014
femi4: Na wa o, you cram graduate for school, you still dey cram for job interview.
When are you guys going to be natural and be yourself
u do not get a job most times by being natural. u have to lie . they always want someone who has lead before. how many pple can lead at once. i normally lie dat i was a CDS president during service and it has worked wella

3 Likes

Re: Interview!!!how Best Can Someone Answer The Question "May We Meet You" by femi4: 8:30am On Sep 27, 2014
ednut1: u do not get a job most times by being natural. u have to lie . they always want someone who has lead before. how many pple can lead at once. i normally lie dat i was a CDS president during service and it has worked wella
You can lead as a class captain, prefects or in a group of four. You don't need to lie, what if somone in the panel served in your set or same year.

Coys don't joke with integrity
Re: Interview!!!how Best Can Someone Answer The Question "May We Meet You" by DaWorshiper(m): 8:32am On Sep 27, 2014
Educative topic and comments! Thanks!
Re: Interview!!!how Best Can Someone Answer The Question "May We Meet You" by Lero15(m): 8:37am On Sep 27, 2014
okych16:

wn't dat be too lng...na oral cv be dat na
depends on d mood of d interviewer, bro. I have said these and more before. It depends on how u present it. Sometimes the interviewer says he even wants more...so it depends.
Re: Interview!!!how Best Can Someone Answer The Question "May We Meet You" by Lero15(m): 8:47am On Sep 27, 2014
femi4: You can lead as a class captain, prefects or in a group of four. You don't need to lie, what if somone in the panel served in your set or same year.

Coys don't joke with integrity
bro, I recommend one of Jarus' topics for you about top lies interviewees tell interviews. Being honest sometimes can cost one a job offer...too bad.
Re: Interview!!!how Best Can Someone Answer The Question "May We Meet You" by Nobody: 8:55am On Sep 27, 2014
Interviewer: May we meet you?

Me: Yes! You can meet me at Room 30, Moralex Hotel. Wuse Zone 2, Abuja.

Interviewer: Thank you *next person*

Me: Sir, is that all?

Interviewer:

2 Likes

Re: Interview!!!how Best Can Someone Answer The Question "May We Meet You" by kenex4ever(m): 9:02am On Sep 27, 2014
donroxy: You were nervious and allowed yourself to be caught off guard .... Interview is like a battle which should be humbly and respectfully fought ...... The best way to win is to win the interviewers !!

Since you were asked ''is that all'' ...
Just tell her ''ohh, thatz all for now'' or humbly add few more .... It is normal to goof But how you correct your errors is the most important !!! .... Be bold and confident !!

''may we meet you'' ....

E.g I'm Donroxy, a graduate of Biology from the prestigious University of Zaria and an associate member of Nigerian Institute of Biologist.... I hail from Abuja Municipal Area Council in Federal capital territory and My primary and secondary education was had in Gudu nur/pry sch and wuse II grammar school respectively in FCT .... I just concluded my NYSC in Sambisa Forest and I'm looking forward to begin my career with this prestigious organisation , Nairaland Nigerian Ltd , Thank you !!

All those thing will be rambled within 30seconds ....be brief and tis better for them to ask u 4 more than you keep talking !!

If they ask 4 more ..... Tell them more :

Mention your skills and experiences and relate them with how beneficial it is to ''NNL'' (nairaland Nig Ltd) then shut up !

If they ask for more :

Mention your strength and weaknesses ( then shut up ) :

they are all about you .....

Don't talk more than a minute or two when answering questions , make it interactive like a conversation with elderly friendly person , you don't wanna steal the whole show nor spoil the show through your responses !!

IMHO !!

Case closed here! This is all there is to it.

1 Like

Re: Interview!!!how Best Can Someone Answer The Question "May We Meet You" by bukson2(m): 9:14am On Sep 27, 2014
ednut1: nice tips bro. i remember goin for an interview and i crammed jarus tips. na so dem fire me first question. tell us sometime about u not in ur cv. i lost guard sharply

Pls bro I ve been ask that question not long ago and I don't knw answer for it.. He goes those. Tell me something about you that is not in ur CV..... I come they look like Mumu pls my fellow Nairalander Answer pls

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

INEC Recruitment 2012 / Heritage Bank Is Recruiting (Former Societe General Bank) / Airforce, Nigerian Army, Immigration, SSS, NDLEA, Or Custom Recruiting?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.