Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,612 members, 7,809,236 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:25 AM

Happy 60th Birthday To Bishop David Olaniyi Oyedepo. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Happy 60th Birthday To Bishop David Olaniyi Oyedepo. (1772 Views)

Letter To Bishop Oyedepo: Thou Shall Serve No Other God, By Adeolu Ademoyo / Pictures From Pastor Tunde Bakare's 60TH BIRTHDAY / Photos From Bishop Oyedepo's 60th Birthday Celebration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Happy 60th Birthday To Bishop David Olaniyi Oyedepo. by mentorandfriend(m): 9:20pm On Sep 26, 2014
Our Senior pastor at Winners Chapel, Awka used to humourously say that God resides in Winners Chapel, and visits other places from there. After many years of being a partaker in this liberation mandate, I find myself also sharing that humour freely, everywhere. It is of course, humour. 

Born as David Olaniyi Oyedepo on September 27, 1954 in Osogbo, Nigeria, but is a native of Omu-Aran, Kwara State, Nigeria, he was raised in a mixed religious family. His father, Ibrahim, was a Muslim healer. His mother, Dorcas, was a member of the Eternal Order of the Cherubim and Seraphim Movement (C&S), a branch of the Aladura movement in Nigeria (though she was later to get born again and serve in the sanctuary unit of the Winners Chapel in her hometown church).
He was raised by his grandmother in Osogbo, who introduced him to the virtues of Christian life via early morning prayers which she
attended with him. She also taught him the importance of tithing.

David was born again in 1969, through the influence of his teacher, Betty Lasher, who took
special interest in him during his high school days.
He studied architecture at Kwara State Polytechnic and worked briefly with the Federal Ministry of Housing in Ilorin before resigning to concentrate on missionary work.
Oyedepo received a Ph.D. in Human Development from
Honolulu University, Hawaii, United States.

Bishop David received a divine mandate from God in an 18 hour vision in May 1981, to liberate the world from all oppression of the devil through the preaching of the word of faith.
This is the inaugural vision that led to the founding of the Living
Faith Church World Wide, first called Liberation Faith Hour
Ministries, in 1981.

Two years later, on September 17, 1983, Pastor Enoch Adeboye, General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, ordained
David and his wife, Florence Abiola Akano (known as Faith Abiola Oyedepo) to become pastors and officially commissioned the new
church. Five years later, Oyedepo was ordained as Bishop.

Living Faith Church (AKA Winners Chapel) started in Ilorin, then to Kaduna but later moved to Lagos, the former capital of Nigeria in September 1989, to start a new branch of the church after Bishop Oyedepo received instructions from God to go to Lagos and raise Him a people.

The church in Lagos grew to become the International headquarters of Living Faith Church, with constantly increasing crowds spilling onto adjacent roads and decks of nearby uncompleted buildings, compelling people to stand for hours to listen to his teachings. This led to the building of the renowned Faith Tabernacle as instructed by God.
Bishop David Oyedepo is a mandate author and has written over 70 titles apart from periodicals which has effectively given hundreds of thousands of individuals all over the world a voice and a message. Dominion Publishing House has about 4 million prints in circulation to date.

Through Bishop David Oyedepo, Covenant University , Landmark University , Faith Academy, and Kingdom Heritage Model Schools
have been established to equip the youths for global impact. He currently sits as the Chancellor of both Covenant University, Ota, and Landmark University in Kwara State.

To the glory of the Almighty God, he also serves as the pastor of Faith Tabernacle, the 50,000 capacity auditorium located at Canaanland, Ota where large droves of men, women, young, old, rich, poor, educated, illiterate, artisans, professionals, name it, keep coming every wednesday and sunday to witness the transforming power of the word of God.

Happy birthday Bishop David Olaniyi Oyedepo. I love you my papa and my role model.

1 Share

Re: Happy 60th Birthday To Bishop David Olaniyi Oyedepo. by Nobody: 9:25pm On Sep 26, 2014
Happy birthday sire cool

1 Like

Re: Happy 60th Birthday To Bishop David Olaniyi Oyedepo. by magnusalbertus(m): 9:30pm On Sep 26, 2014
happy birthday papa

1 Like

Re: Happy 60th Birthday To Bishop David Olaniyi Oyedepo. by Doclight(m): 9:35pm On Sep 26, 2014
happy bday sir!

1 Like

Re: Happy 60th Birthday To Bishop David Olaniyi Oyedepo. by EvangSDKalu: 9:39pm On Sep 26, 2014
Even though I'm not your member. You tutor and mentor me from afar. I love you papa, happy birthday.

1 Like

Re: Happy 60th Birthday To Bishop David Olaniyi Oyedepo. by Doclight(m): 9:41pm On Sep 26, 2014
great mentorandfriend its been a while...
Re: Happy 60th Birthday To Bishop David Olaniyi Oyedepo. by amokeme(f): 5:41am On Sep 27, 2014
Happy birth week cause the celebration started over here on sunday, and thursday was the night of jubilee..(my legs still paining me) didn't know today is the main day..

1 Like

Re: Happy 60th Birthday To Bishop David Olaniyi Oyedepo. by Kunleskey(m): 7:26am On Sep 27, 2014
Happy birthday to you sir.
Re: Happy 60th Birthday To Bishop David Olaniyi Oyedepo. by mentorandfriend(m): 11:20am On Sep 27, 2014
Doclight: great mentorandfriend its been a while...
Doclight, you know I'm with you always, or dont you? Hahaha. I'll chat with you this night.

1 Like

Re: Happy 60th Birthday To Bishop David Olaniyi Oyedepo. by priscaoge(f): 11:35am On Sep 27, 2014
Happy Birthday Sir! Wish U many more bountiful and beautiful years...Keep living !!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Happy 60th Birthday To Bishop David Olaniyi Oyedepo. by SegunFlames(m): 11:38am On Sep 27, 2014
Happy Birthday to you sir!!
Re: Happy 60th Birthday To Bishop David Olaniyi Oyedepo. by get2tolux: 2:00pm On Sep 27, 2014
Happy birthday to my father, prophet and mentor! You hav been a blessing to this generation,wishing you more years of impact ahead Sir.

(1) (Reply)

If The Story Of Noah Was On Facebook Feed (photos) / Daddy Freeze Reacts To Tope Alabi's Dressing / Pope Francis Lambasts Pastor Chris Oyakhilome

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.