Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,707 members, 7,809,688 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:13 PM

My Bitter Experience With Gtbank Internet Services - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / My Bitter Experience With Gtbank Internet Services (2599 Views)

Gtbank Internet Banking Issues / GTBank's Internet Banking Services...totally OVER-HYPED! / My Bitter Experience Shopping On Ebay!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Bitter Experience With Gtbank Internet Services by cjotech: 11:34pm On Sep 26, 2014
before leaving the country, i tried to make sure i setup all the internet and mobile banking services so as to enable perform bank transactions from any country i find myself.

owing to so much hyping of Gtbank internet banking services, i decided to port to gtbank bank leaving fidelity bank that has being providing me efficient services over a year.

week before i traveled, i gathered all reference signatures that will enable me set up a gtbank euro account. A day before i traveled, i got my token for my ebanking from gtbank VI lagos. The morning I traveled, i went to the same Gtbank branch to complain i have not received my login details for my token but the customer assistant told me everything is ok. that before i got to my destination, all the necessary details will be waiting for me on in my inbox.

Fast forward to arrival in delhi..........checked my box and saw a confirmation email that my token has being activated but the main email is missing. the email that suppose to have my login details is no where to be found. i called my contact at the customer care representative VI branch, but little or no assistance came from him. He gave me another number to call. I called the numbers but they wont be pick the call and am calling from international line.

Searched through the net and found a complaint email of gtbank. I sent a mail to them, i received an automatic response that my complain has being received and will be answered in 24 hrs. After waiting for 24 hours, i didnt get any reply but rather another surprise email. My complaint has being marked answered and closed without any response from anyone from gtbank.

At this point, i was not receiving alert on deposits paid into my account. i tried checking my account balance in the atms in Delhi yet no success. I called my contact in the customer care again about the situation. I pleaded with him to help me check my balance so i can know who paid into my account and my account balance. He told me to make the request through my email and to his gtbank email address. i sent the request with my email i used for gtbank with all the necessary bank details. i got a reply from this same guy that he cant help me check my account and he gave me the same number he sent me earlier for furthers assistance.

i forgot to mention that this my contact in gtbank VI was the same person that assured me that everything is ok and in case i encounter any problem, i should call him personally.
At this point, i was frustrated and dejected. Gtbank has messed up all my plans and business.
Re: My Bitter Experience With Gtbank Internet Services by cjotech: 11:47pm On Sep 26, 2014
while i was still waiting for gtbank alerts, i received an email alert from my rejected bank. some one has paid money into this fidelity account. How will i withdraw this money was all that was bothering me through out the day. I dont have atm card for this fidelity bank talk less of internet banking.

i decided to send email to fidelity customer care, telling them i want to set up internet banking for my account and i also told them am out of the country and not coming back anytime soon. within 2 hours, i received an email from fidelity bank assuring me that i can setup internet banking from anywhere. they sent me a form, just to download, fill and send it bank to them. that's all, and i will get a soft token.

wow! was all that came out of my mouth........the rejected stone has become a corner stone.
in gtbank, i have savings account, current account, euro account, atm card, internet banking token yet they couldnt send me my account balance by mail nor my internet banking login information.
at fideLity bank, all i had was just an account number i used while i was serving as a corper..........ordinary corper bank account yet they made the difference.

i can further prove all am saying my showing a screen grab of the emails i exchanged with gtbank customer support in VI, their complaint email, whatsapp chat between me and the gtbank customer support in VI.
I can go further to prove a point by putting the personal details of the gtbank bank customer support in VI that caused me all these troubles, his full name,phone number and picture.

GTBANK SUCKS
Re: My Bitter Experience With Gtbank Internet Services by lirusehn(m): 11:55pm On Sep 26, 2014

GTB bin frustrating their customers' life sinz 53BC
Re: My Bitter Experience With Gtbank Internet Services by buzor(m): 6:09am On Sep 27, 2014
Nawaa for that bank sef
Re: My Bitter Experience With Gtbank Internet Services by TeamclicksAir: 7:27am On Sep 27, 2014
interesting story...Gtbank doesn't send login details by mail. i believe an envelop was attached to the token when it was issued to you. that contains your login ID. also you can find the Login ID in the debit alert you recieved when the token was issued. its like
Account Number : ******6789
Transaction Location : CORPORATE H.O.
Description : VALUE ADDED TAX
Amount : 105.00
Value Date : 04-Jul-2012
Remarks : Token VAT charge ifo 34596090346
Time of Transaction : 2:17 PM
Document Number : 0
The bolded is your ID
Re: My Bitter Experience With Gtbank Internet Services by sluvy4tune(m): 7:27am On Sep 27, 2014
The rate at which Gtbank is going down they will soon discover Oil

They simply Used to be good

1 Like

Re: My Bitter Experience With Gtbank Internet Services by cjotech: 8:13am On Sep 27, 2014
TeamclicksAir: interesting story...Gtbank doesn't send login details by mail. i believe an envelop was attached to the token when it was issued to you. that contains your login ID. also you can find the Login ID in the debit alert you recieved when the token was issued. its like
Account Number : ******6789
Transaction Location : CORPORATE H.O.
Description : VALUE ADDED TAX
Amount : 105.00
Value Date : 04-Jul-2012
Remarks : Token VAT charge ifo 34596090346
Time of Transaction : 2:17 PM
Document Number : 0
The bolded is your ID

there is no such envelope my friend. they told me specifically that they will send my login details to my email.
Re: My Bitter Experience With Gtbank Internet Services by cjotech: 8:14am On Sep 27, 2014
moderators, i wish this thread can hit the front page
Re: My Bitter Experience With Gtbank Internet Services by bedfordng(m): 10:34am On Sep 27, 2014
try and check your spam/junk mail.also,instead of calling the staff,try and call gtconnect,they should be able to get through to your complaint.i don't know why it took them this long but just try and check spam/junk mail.
Re: My Bitter Experience With Gtbank Internet Services by OprMgt: 1:20pm On Sep 27, 2014
@op. sorry 4 dis nasty experience. Hw are d mighty falling! ..... It's really painful when govt of d day keeps preaching cashless economy, yet little or no thing is done 2 encourage & safeguard online transactions. U go 2 ATM wknds, u get disappointed cos d machine can't just dispense due 2 one non-sense reason or d other. Go online, it ends in story, story....

Intact, your topic shld hv bn "My Bitter Experience With Gtbank Internet Services, Saved by Fildelity" cos gtb is really messing up big time these days. I think a few weeks back, a topic similar 2 yours on dos same gtb was on NL fp.

Btw, @cjotech was also right: they usually gv u a separate form dat contains your user ID & concealed password. D user ID is also often reflected in SMS alert they send 2 customer afta every transactn.

Hope d matter is resolved by now?

(1) (Reply)

Cheapest International Bank Transfer Fees / Equity Market Extends Uptrend, Gain 1.17% Today / Google My Business – How To Get Started And Grow Your Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.