Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,108 members, 7,811,120 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:22 AM

Help On Memory Loss - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Help On Memory Loss (1788 Views)

My Memory Loss PR0BLEM / Am I Suffering From Acute Memory Loss Or Forgetfulness? / The Dangers Of Memory Loss (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help On Memory Loss by kelechiodo(m): 6:47am On Sep 27, 2014
Please can someone help with medication or recommend doctor that handles issue of memory loss. My mum who is 50 years is having such and the medicine doctors here are recommending seems not to be working for her. Food supplement helps a bit but never cleared the issue. I will highly appreciate your help as the issue is a great disturbance to me. She baths several times a day and brushes her mouth several times. Everything aggravated when Dad died January this year of Pnuemonia. Seeing her looking like a zombie attimes and finding it hard to read a book or even rememember some people tears my heart.
Re: Help On Memory Loss by kelvin1191(m): 10:39am On Sep 27, 2014
You need to take her to a psychiatric hospital. I know what am talking. I av experienced such. I bet you she will be suffering from sleep deprivation. Sometimes may talk a bit senseless. Hallucination (pls forgive me if my spellings are wrong) etc. Make hay before she loose it all. Infact, when a friend suffered from it, 10 times bath is the average per day
Re: Help On Memory Loss by kelechiodo(m): 11:44am On Sep 28, 2014
kelvin1191: You need to take her to a psychiatric hospital. I know what am talking. I av experienced such. I bet you she will be suffering from sleep deprivation. Sometimes may talk a bit senseless. Halocination (pls forgive me if my spellings are wrong) etc. Make hay before she loose it all. Infact, when a friend suffered from it, 10 times bath is the average per day

Thanks Kelvin, you really stated how it is happening to her. But I always have this ugly feeling with the medicine being administered by a psychiatric doctor here. It seems to worsen her condition at the initial stage that I abruptly stopped giving her the drugs. Do you think I am wrong in stopping the drugs being administered to her. They claimed that it will stop after sometimes but I am just afraid. Please how was your friend one with the drugs initially and which psychiatric hospital was he treated.
Re: Help On Memory Loss by kelvin1191(m): 1:46pm On Sep 29, 2014
kelechiodo:

Thanks Kelvin, you really stated how it is happening to her. But I always have this ugly feeling with the medicine being administered by a psychiatric doctor here. It seems to worsen her condition at the initial stage that I abruptly stopped giving her the drugs. Do you think I am wrong in stopping the drugs being administered to her. They claimed that it will stop after sometimes but I am just afraid. Please how was your friend one with the drugs initially and which psychiatric hospital was he treated.

My friend spent 2 months plus @ the hospital. Initially, we tried CEPHA, psychiatric hospital @ Nawfia (both in Anambra state) before taking him to Federal Medical Centre Makurdi Psychiatric Hospial. Those guys there are good. Infact, very pocket friendly. My friend is now working with FG but comes for check up every 3 months. D last one was 6 months. I could remember them giving him (Haldol 10mg, Arthane 5mg etc) all the best.
Re: Help On Memory Loss by dennykel60: 11:44am On Sep 30, 2014
kelechiodo: Please can someone help with medication or recommend doctor that handles issue of memory loss. My mum who is 50 years is having such and the medicine doctors here are recommending seems not to be working for her. Food supplement helps a bit but never cleared the issue. I will highly appreciate your help as the issue is a great disturbance to me. She baths several times a day and brushes her mouth several times. Everything aggravated when Dad died January this year of Pnuemonia. Seeing her looking like a zombie attimes and finding it hard to read a book or even rememember some people tears my heart.

Ur mum is in an early stage of demesia (memory-loss). what i use and have worked in treatment of demesia and no side effect is a supplement fortified with a herb called gingko biloba...it is found in a prodct called memo-vite...for more info whatsapp or call 08136478517
Re: Help On Memory Loss by kelechiodo(m): 12:46pm On Oct 02, 2014
kelvin1191:

My friend spent 2 months plus @ the hospital. Initially, we tried CEPHA, psychiatric hospital @ Nawfia (both in Anambra state) before taking him to Federal Medical Centre Makurdi Psychiatric Hospial. Those guys there are good. Infact, very pocket friendly. My friend is now working with FG but comes for check up every 3 months. D last one was 6 months. I could remember them giving him (Haldol 10mg, Arthane 5mg etc) all the best.

Thanks Kelvin, you have been so helpful. I think I will try the hospital. Thanks so much
Re: Help On Memory Loss by kelvin1191(m): 3:54pm On Oct 02, 2014
kelechiodo:

Thanks Kelvin, you have been so helpful. I think I will try the hospital. Thanks so much
You mean coming to Mkd or the hospital you have been taking her to? Contact me if needed. Patience is the key. She may add a bit weight during the treatment. Good luck.
Re: Help On Memory Loss by Nobody: 5:54pm On Oct 02, 2014
kelechiodo: Please can someone help with medication or recommend doctor that handles issue of memory loss. My mum who is 50 years is having such and the medicine doctors here are recommending seems not to be working for her. Food supplement helps a bit but never cleared the issue. I will highly appreciate your help as the issue is a great disturbance to me. She baths several times a day and brushes her mouth several times. Everything aggravated when Dad died January this year of Pnuemonia. Seeing her looking like a zombie attimes and finding it hard to read a book or even rememember some people tears my heart.
I'm sorry about your Dad's passing and your mom's condition.

Was she like this before he died? Just wondering if it's something I'm thinking of.
Re: Help On Memory Loss by kelechiodo(m): 4:53pm On Oct 04, 2014
kelvin1191:

You mean coming to Mkd or the hospital you have been taking her to? Contact me if needed. Patience is the key. She may add a bit weight during the treatment. Good luck.

I mean to MKD. I will be taking her there this coming Wednesday being 8/10/14. I am now desperate
Re: Help On Memory Loss by kelechiodo(m): 5:03pm On Oct 04, 2014
Yields:

I'm sorry about your Dad's passing and your mom's condition.

Was she like this before he died? Just wondering if it's something I'm thinking of.

A year before Dad died, I observed that there is something wrong with logical thinking but others including her dismissed the observation. By then she was cooking and doing other normal chores. But I continued and voiced my feeling to her sister and a nurse who attributed it to menopause and started giving her a daily drugs. not comfortable, i took her to a psychiatrist nurse and doc who bombarded her with questions which she answered normally and they concluded that I am being paranoid. Then when dad died, everything became clear to all and sundry
Re: Help On Memory Loss by kelechiodo(m): 5:11pm On Oct 04, 2014
dennykel60:

Ur mum is in an early stage of demesia (memory-loss). what i use and have worked in treatment of demesia and no side effect is a supplement fortified with a herb called gingko biloba...it is found in a prodct called memo-vite...for more info whatsapp or call 08136478517

Your diagnosis is exactly what one doctor here stated and prescribed a drug that is heavily fortified with gingko biloba that nearly turned her to a Zombie. She only came back to normalcy when we stopped administering the drugs on her. I was forced to browse side effect of gingko biloba and discovered that muscle spasms or cramps and loss of consciousness are among the side effects.
Re: Help On Memory Loss by kelvin1191(m): 6:57pm On Oct 04, 2014
kelechiodo:

I mean to MKD. I will be taking her there this coming Wednesday being 8/10/14. I am now desperate

Which state are you coming from? From your name, i can tell your tribe, same as mine. Hope there will be some1 to stay with her here cos she won't be admited without 1. Its located behind Apir Aku Stadium, Makurdi. If you reach Makurdi, just take a taxi to the place(between 500<1000). Patience is the key. All the best!
Re: Help On Memory Loss by kelvin1191(m): 7:02pm On Oct 04, 2014
kelechiodo:

Which state are you coming from? From your name, i can tell your tribe, same as mine. The clinic days is Monday and Friday (8am-4pm). Its best u come these days. Although, they will admit anyday. Hope there will be some1 (humble & tolerant) to stay with her here cos she won't be admited without 1. Its located behind Apir Aku Stadium, Makurdi. If you reach Makurdi, just take a taxi to the place(between 500<1000). Patience is the key. All the best! Contact me with . . . so we can discuss more.
Re: Help On Memory Loss by Gigihealth: 7:07pm On Aug 07, 2016
Ginkgo biloba benefits are medicinal. Ginkgo biloba has been used medicinally for so many years. Ginkgo is gotten from the ginkgo tree and is one of the top-selling herbs in the United States. Click on the link below to read more.
http://www.gigihealth.com/ginkgo-biloba-benefits-ginkgo-biloba/
Re: Help On Memory Loss by babyt66: 11:51am On Aug 17, 2016
I have supplements she can use that has gingko Biloba it
Call 08032493281

(1) (Reply)

Cure For Pre Mature Ejaculation / Nationwide Doctor's Strike Starts Tomorrow !!! / Please Help,boil On The Armpit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.