Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,590 members, 7,827,222 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:04 AM

Height Variation In The Morning And Night - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Height Variation In The Morning And Night (763 Views)

How Can A Short Lady Increase Her Height? / Drinking Water First Thing In The Morning And Its Benefits. / Average Nigerian Height (Nigerian Males - Africa's Shortest?) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Height Variation In The Morning And Night by Ajibel(m): 8:47am On Sep 27, 2014
Hello, I dont know if there are health experts here who can explain this to me, hopefully someone will.
I just found out that in the morning, I grow "tall" with a few inch and at night, I become "short" i.e that few inch height I garner in the morning is lost at night. embarassed
Though the height difference cant be visibly noticed except you keep a record of your height but I did and I've noticed this. cry
Anyone experiencing this too I feel like a spring, an unpythonic growth process. embarassed What's the explanation for this and how can I prevent it from happening?

Taller in the day, Shorter at night sad
Re: Height Variation In The Morning And Night by Nobody: 9:07am On Sep 27, 2014
Height variation??..Never heard of that before...

There are several types of diurnal variations occuring in the human body....Height??....I dont think that is possible...

Well, maybe am wrong....

You can google it.....
Re: Height Variation In The Morning And Night by Djtm(m): 9:25am On Sep 27, 2014
Hmm can't remember the exact reason but I know it has something to do with gravity's effect on spine pores. Since you're not standing up during the night, you gain some extra height. It's not up to an inch tho, it's about a quarter of an inch.
Re: Height Variation In The Morning And Night by Tymax(m): 9:31am On Sep 27, 2014
temigracie: Height variation??..Never heard of that before...

There are several types of diurnal variations occuring in the human body....Height??....I dont think that is possible...

Well, maybe am wrong....

You can google it.....
It's true. We are always taller every morning. (That's if you slept in horizontal position)
Re: Height Variation In The Morning And Night by Nobody: 9:39am On Sep 27, 2014
Tymax:
It's true. We are always taller every morning. (That's if you slept in horizontal position)

..hmmmm....Okay....

Tanks for the info....
Re: Height Variation In The Morning And Night by Ajibel(m): 10:08am On Sep 27, 2014
@temigracie
I never thought it was possible, I didnt take my height measurement to know if such could be possible, I just found out. Try this for a week, record your heights in the morning and night and compare to see if any changes occur. Any Nairalander too can try it.
Re: Height Variation In The Morning And Night by Ajibel(m): 10:09am On Sep 27, 2014
Djtm: Hmm can't remember the exact reason but I know it has something to do with gravity's effect on spine pores. Since you're not standing up during the night, you gain some extra height. It's not up to an inch tho, it's about a quarter of an inch.

Under what topic/course lemme read up on it. Thanks.
Re: Height Variation In The Morning And Night by Ajibel(m): 10:12am On Sep 27, 2014
Tymax:
(That's if you slept in horizontal position)

I dont understand this please. Besides, I hardly sleep at night. I'm a nocturnal pythonian.
Re: Height Variation In The Morning And Night by Tymax(m): 10:15am On Sep 27, 2014
Ajibel:

I dont understand this please. Besides, I hardly sleep at night. I'm a nocturnal pythonian.
Lol. As in, if you slept lying on a bed or floor. And not sitting in a chair.
Re: Height Variation In The Morning And Night by Nobody: 10:15am On Sep 27, 2014
Ajibel: @temigracie
I never thought it was possible, I didnt take my height measurement to know if such could be possible, I just found out. Try this for a week, record your heights in the morning and night and compare to see if any changes occur. Any Nairalander too can try it.
...okay, sir
Re: Height Variation In The Morning And Night by Djtm(m): 11:19pm On Oct 01, 2014
Ajibel:

Under what topic/course lemme read up on it. Thanks.
Dunno. Read it on omgfacts I think, read it a couple of times on twitter too.

(1) (Reply)

USA Ebola:6 Ways The Dead Liberian Case Differs From Others Survivors. / Get Rid Of That Bed Bugs Infestation In Ur Home Of Office Today / Are E-cigarettes Truly The Solution?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.