Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,834 members, 7,824,470 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 10:54 AM

10 Largest Airports In The World As Seen From Above - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 10 Largest Airports In The World As Seen From Above (42822 Views)

All Airports In Nigeria Will Be Shut Sunday Midnight - Aviation Unions / Caption It .. As Seen In Lagos Yesterday (photo) / PHOTO: The 10 Largest Airports In The World As Seen From Above (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Largest Airports In The World As Seen From Above by lharstborn(m): 10:09pm On Sep 27, 2014
The Hong Kong airport make sense die!! The day I watched its documentary about how it was built got me so amazed. Building a world class airport on an island?! Woah that's so dope!!

1 Like

Re: 10 Largest Airports In The World As Seen From Above by Waspy(m): 10:12pm On Sep 27, 2014
is Musiwa an airport? What is his fuccking pix doing on the thread angry angry

4 Likes

Re: 10 Largest Airports In The World As Seen From Above by bumitek02(m): 10:29pm On Sep 27, 2014
Were is akanu ibiam int. Airport

1 Like

Re: 10 Largest Airports In The World As Seen From Above by MsNas(f): 10:38pm On Sep 27, 2014
glitest:
Dulles/ BWI also.
Dulles isn't that big. I've been there. Never been to BWI Tho. LAX (Los Angeles ) and DFW (Dallas Fort Worth) is massive. It takes at least 20 mins by skyline (train) to get to terminal E from terminal A in Dallas.... Takes much more time by bus even. And you go find your terminal taya for Los Angeles.

Surprised IAH (Houston) isn't on that list though..

2 Likes

Re: 10 Largest Airports In The World As Seen From Above by Nobody: 10:51pm On Sep 27, 2014
u can actually see the architectural planing of these ports....vewy noice!! @op

1 Like

Re: 10 Largest Airports In The World As Seen From Above by RebelLeader15(m): 11:01pm On Sep 27, 2014
bumitek02: Were is akanu ibiam int. Airport
Akanu ibiam ko! Ajani Elias ni

Muritala own Never dey, you dey talk of Ajani Aluko airport. That toilet airport wey unna get

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Largest Airports In The World As Seen From Above by otokx(m): 11:05pm On Sep 27, 2014
Jarus:

Anyone that has traveled to other countries will know we don't have any airport in Nigeria.

Tell them o, Frankfurt is really impressive especially early in the morning before dawn.

5 Likes

Re: 10 Largest Airports In The World As Seen From Above by seangy4konji: 11:15pm On Sep 27, 2014
my Gals landing strip is like from here to Awka and not on dis list

Yeye deh smell....
Re: 10 Largest Airports In The World As Seen From Above by Nobody: 11:47pm On Sep 27, 2014
MsNas:
Dulles isn't that big. I've been there. Never been to BWI Tho. LAX (Los Angeles ) and DFW (Dallas Fort Worth) is massive. It takes at least 20 mins by skyline (train) to get to terminal E from terminal A in Dallas.... Takes much more time by bus even. And you go find your terminal taya for Los Angeles.

Surprised IAH (Houston) isn't on that list though..
You are right .....I've never been to Houston, so I don't know how big it is..JFK ought to have made the list though.
Re: 10 Largest Airports In The World As Seen From Above by MsNas(f): 12:28am On Sep 28, 2014
glitest:
You are right .....I've never been to Houston, so I don't know how big it is..JFK ought to have made the list though.
True. I heard JFK is really big. Truth is... Most of the American airports are really big. Ever been to Denver airport, lol. You will see the airport signs, signal that you're inside the airport and you'll be seeing terminals. But you will be driving driving for like 20mins before you even know wetin you enter. Lol cheesy
Re: 10 Largest Airports In The World As Seen From Above by adconline(m): 2:19am On Sep 28, 2014
klem93: 10 Largest Airports in the World As Seen From Above
I’ve always loved flying, especially the approach to a new airport from above - the joy of discovering the runway and terminal design for the first time, etc. Below you’ll find interesting aerial photos of the 10 largest airports in the world—largest defined by the number of people passing through each year. These numbers are based on 2011 stats. Which is your favorite? Mine is the last one, number 10, in Hong Kong, which I’m eager to fly into! Also, am I the only one surprised that Atlanta is the busiest airport in the world, clocking 92,365,860 people last year, while JFK isn’t even in the top 10? click http://educationalgist..in/2014/09/the-10-largest-airports-in-world.html#more
1. HARTSFIELD–JACKSON ATLANTA INTERNATIONAL
ATL is the busiest cos it's a Skymiles hub- Delta/Air-France/KLM. Chicago ORD used to be the world's busiest airport. But US is yet catch up with Asia/EU in terms of inflight service and airport luxury. US airports are always big but not traveller friendly and comfy like ike EU/Asia.

3 Likes

Re: 10 Largest Airports In The World As Seen From Above by JiggamanGh: 3:00am On Sep 28, 2014
klem93: 10. HONG KONG INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT

Where is atlanta airport
Re: 10 Largest Airports In The World As Seen From Above by LadiesPet(m): 3:38am On Sep 28, 2014
Lagos Airport is not as big as some bus stations in America

3 Likes

Re: 10 Largest Airports In The World As Seen From Above by Nobody: 3:52am On Sep 28, 2014
MMA size should be like terminal 5 at Chicago O'Hare Airport
Re: 10 Largest Airports In The World As Seen From Above by Nobody: 4:24am On Sep 28, 2014
adconline:
ATL is the busiest cos it's a Skymiles hub- Delta/Air-France/KLM. Chicago ORD used to be the world's busiest airport. But US is yet catch up with Asia/EU in terms of inflight service and airport luxury. US airports are always big but not traveller friendly and comfy like ike EU/Asia.
So true. It's the Asian/Middle Eastern and European airports that are always amongst the top 10 airports in the world.
I think the reason why US airports remain d way they are, is that Americans airports as mere transit points not worthy of luxury.
Re: 10 Largest Airports In The World As Seen From Above by Nobody: 4:27am On Sep 28, 2014
bobasuo1: MMA size should be like terminal 5 at Chicago O'Hare Airport
And O' Hare has FIVE runways shocked
Re: 10 Largest Airports In The World As Seen From Above by tokjohn: 5:11am On Sep 28, 2014
You won't believe what you will see. Watch and Share!
Link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YH8myBtiuAw&feature=share

1 Like

Re: 10 Largest Airports In The World As Seen From Above by destante(f): 5:26am On Sep 28, 2014
Heathrow definitely had to be in the list.
Re: 10 Largest Airports In The World As Seen From Above by justi4jesu(f): 6:20am On Sep 28, 2014
Nice one @OP
Re: 10 Largest Airports In The World As Seen From Above by ayodeleakinadew(m): 6:26am On Sep 28, 2014
Eleyi tun nko? ;DEleyi tun nko?

2 Likes

Re: 10 Largest Airports In The World As Seen From Above by klem93(m): 6:42am On Sep 28, 2014
ayodeleakinadew: Eleyi tun nko? ;DEleyi tun nko?
naija twale!!!!!!!!!!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin esha ni pawa
Re: 10 Largest Airports In The World As Seen From Above by aholiab(m): 7:33am On Sep 28, 2014
BoboYekini: He's our own. angry Leave him be. Hapuya like dat.

dude 'leave him be?' smh
Re: 10 Largest Airports In The World As Seen From Above by vividfinger: 8:10am On Sep 28, 2014
Thanks for this, op.

I wouldn't plan going to hong Kong, make the
pilot no do mistake land for water.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Largest Airports In The World As Seen From Above by Rowlandjude(m): 8:10am On Sep 28, 2014
Hmmmmm. Nigerian airport outdated since 1972

1 Like

Re: 10 Largest Airports In The World As Seen From Above by fineyemi(m): 8:36am On Sep 28, 2014
What abt d most busiest airport in d world. At least d largest cn't b d busiest and vice versa.
Re: 10 Largest Airports In The World As Seen From Above by Rawani: 8:51am On Sep 28, 2014
Heathrow is truly massive. Going from terminal 1-5 took me over 10 minutes on the blazing Heathrow Express. Maintaining the airport is an engineering and logistical marvel, so much so that it is the subject of many documentaries. However let us not compare airports without regard to their capacity needs, a bigger airport is not necessarily a better airport.

1 Like

Re: 10 Largest Airports In The World As Seen From Above by Revolva(m): 10:06am On Sep 28, 2014
Americans always on the lead....umm yankees
Re: 10 Largest Airports In The World As Seen From Above by Nobody: 1:30pm On Sep 28, 2014
MsNas:
True. I heard JFK is really big. Truth is... Most of the American airports are really big. Ever been to Denver airport, lol. You will see the airport signs, signal that you're inside the airport and you'll be seeing terminals. But you will be driving driving for like 20mins before you even know wetin you enter. Lol cheesy

Never been to Denver either...Yes, JFK is very big; That's why I was surprised, it was never featured on the list.
Re: 10 Largest Airports In The World As Seen From Above by Nobody: 4:00pm On Sep 28, 2014
UNLEASHED: Where's Qatar on the list? That airport is massive!

Unleashed!!! You took the word out of my mouth,,,,, Qatar airport is massive and should make the list........or so I think
Re: 10 Largest Airports In The World As Seen From Above by moshino(m): 4:02pm On Sep 28, 2014
klem93: thanks for commenting my efffort bro

COMMENDING ------------------------- EFFORT
Re: 10 Largest Airports In The World As Seen From Above by klem93(m): 4:58pm On Sep 28, 2014
moshino:

COMMENDING ------------------------- EFFORT
thanks bro...
Re: 10 Largest Airports In The World As Seen From Above by Lucasbalo(m): 5:31pm On Sep 28, 2014
ehispapa:

Believe me, MMIA is not among the first 1000 airport in the world
Gbam.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Bus Driver Dies After Speeding To Beat Traffic Light In Lekki / Man And His Car Stuck In Lagos Flood After Heavy Rainfall / High Commisions Calling Banks To Ask About Visa Applicants' Account Details

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.