Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,012 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:11 AM

On My Way To Maiduguri - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / On My Way To Maiduguri (571 Views)

FG Reopens Maiduguri International Airport / On My Way To Abakaliki For A Meeting! / Planning Of Trekking From Lagos To Maiduguri. Pls Advice Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

On My Way To Maiduguri by inositol88(m): 9:58pm On Sep 27, 2014
yes I actually travelled to maidiguri last week,de journey was fun, though hectic, filled with military, police and civilian JTF checkpoints,all tanks to our gallant soldiers for dia efforts.

Between Jos and Maiduguri, I counted 43 checkpoints, between yobe and born state, dia wia 33 checkpoints

My problem is not de number of checkpoints but de fact dat at each checkpoint, our driver had to bribe de soldies with #50, in other not to delay us, infact At one occasion,our driver had no change, the army man had to go and looking for #1000 change from nearby shops,just for de sake of #50

it got me wondering, I use to hear dat it is only de police dat collect bribe,what us de army turning Into?

dat means dat with just #50 bribe, a car load of bombs can be transported across dis country,. WHAT IS DE NIGERIAN ARMY TURNING INTO

1 Like

Re: On My Way To Maiduguri by naturally: 10:13pm On Sep 27, 2014
Na wa o, that's how the BH will give 50 to gain entrance to anywhere they want
Re: On My Way To Maiduguri by mikedaniel76gmailcom(m): 3:28am On Sep 28, 2014
And u expect an ovation that u are coming to maid?
Am in maid too and so what?
Re: On My Way To Maiduguri by inositol88(m): 6:56am On Sep 28, 2014
mikedaniel76gmailcom: And u expect an ovation that u are coming to maid?
Am in maid too and so what?

No bro, I don't need an ovation,I only need an explanation to de collection of #50 by de military. I ve stayed In maid for five years, so am not new to dat terrain
Re: On My Way To Maiduguri by mikedaniel76gmailcom(m): 11:05am On Sep 28, 2014
Ok the 50naira "toll" is a naija phenomenon,and as a matter of fact, I dont call them check points, but collection point. Ur a student of unimaid? Where in maid do u stay?

(1) (Reply)

Which Place Has The Most Expensive Holiday Destination? / Video: Embarrassing Chaos At MMA Boarding Gate. / Nigeria Police Clearance For ITALY With Translation To Italia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.