Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,643 members, 7,809,420 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:17 AM

Real Madrid Tell Ronaldo: Manchester United Move Is Not Happening - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Real Madrid Tell Ronaldo: Manchester United Move Is Not Happening (584 Views)

Cristiano-ronaldo-manchester-united-dressing-room-rift / Odion Ighalo Wants Manchester United Move / Obi To Seal Manchester United Move (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Real Madrid Tell Ronaldo: Manchester United Move Is Not Happening by ogahlouiskid18(m): 10:29am On Sep 28, 2014
Madrid's refusal to sell and Ronaldo's financial terms are not the only factors working
against United. The club's worst ever start to a Premier League season coupled with Van
Gaal's concession that his ideas are “maybe too much” for his new charges at present have
increased the possibility of the club missing out on Champions League participation and
revenue for a second consecutive season.
Twice a winner of the competition and its leading scorer for the last two campaigns, the idea
of giving up Champions League football has no appeal to Ronaldo.
Earlier this year, United warned investors that a failure to return to the Champions League
“would negatively affect our ability to attract and retain talented players and coaching staff,
as well as supporters, sponsors and other commercial partners”.
The club has forecast an overall revenue drop of between €48.9m and €61.7m for the
coming financial year, based on a third-placed finish this season. Income from a record
€97m-a-year kit deal with Adidas will automatically fall to €67.2m in the event of a second
season away from Europe's top competition.
United's decision to switch kit suppliers from Nike to Adidas has also complicated their
approach to Ronaldo, whose personal sponsorship deal remains with the American company.
No player in football has greater commercial potential than Ronaldo. With 30.1m Twitter
followers and 98.8m on Facebook his social media reach comfortably exceeds that of both
United and Madrid, a point not lost on his current employer.
"It's all speculation, speaking about my future,” said Ronaldo last week. “My future is Madrid.
I'm happy. The season is going well and I'm not talking about my future, it doesn't make
sense."
Re: Real Madrid Tell Ronaldo: Manchester United Move Is Not Happening by gbenga4sure(m): 11:30am On Sep 28, 2014
C.ronaldo will go by all means.He loves man u and would like to retire there.Exit of ronaldo is not the beginning of the fall of Real madrid.
Re: Real Madrid Tell Ronaldo: Manchester United Move Is Not Happening by ogahlouiskid18(m): 11:48am On Sep 28, 2014
information @m.goal.com

(1) (Reply)

Keshi Says Sack Not The End Of The World / Sad: Egypt Reject Nigeria Friendly / International Squash Returns To Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.