Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,098 members, 7,953,348 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 02:48 PM

Keshi Says Sack Not The End Of The World - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Keshi Says Sack Not The End Of The World (602 Views)

Jose Mourinho Says 'sack Me But I Won't Quit' / Keshi Says Countries Waiting To Hire Him / Coach Commends Keshi, Says Ugonna Anyora Will Fly High With The Eagles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Keshi Says Sack Not The End Of The World by KingTom(m): 2:44pm On Oct 16, 2014
The Super Eagles Coach, Stephen Keshi, in reaction to his sack on Wednesday night by the newly elected Nigeria Football Federation’s board, has said it is time for him to move on.
Keshi seemed to be in good spirits while speaking with PREMIUM TIMES on Thursday morning, shortly after his dismissal.
“It is about time for me to move on, my dear. This is not the end of the world for me,” he said.‎
During Nigeria’s Wednesday encounter with Sudan in Abuja, a match which ended 3-1 in favour of the Super Eagles, Nigerian fans at the packed stadium started chanting as Keshi stepped onto the pitch: “You must go.”
The coach, who took the Super Eagles job four years ago, won the 2013 African Cup of Nations, AFCON, in South Africa and led the team to the 2014 FIFA World Cup and the 2014 Confederations Cup, both in Brazil.
However, he has been struggling to qualify Nigeria for the 2015 Afcon, and has so far recorded a home and away defeat in Calabar and Sudan respectively.
Following the 2013 Afcon, Keshi failed to stick with the winning team of players and has been inconsistent in his choice of players for other competitions. He was criticised for the calibre of players he selected to play at the World Cup, a run that ended at the round of 16.
Meanwhile, in spite of the sack, he and his former assistants, Daniel Amokachi and Ike Shorounmu, are expected to proceed for a coaching course, fully funded by the NFF in any country of their choice
Source:https://www.premiumtimesng.com/sports/169599-my-sack-not-the-end-of-the-world-keshi.html

Re: Keshi Says Sack Not The End Of The World by daveP(m): 9:42pm On Oct 16, 2014
Boss sure you did a job well done. Wish you best of luck

what o, why is it that every coach that manages our Super Eagles always, yes always frown?

Onigbinde, Amodu( chai bulgy eyes is back!), Lagerback, Siasia, Keshi( he smiled all tru with Togo as the pix depicts) why Now.

We know Amodu will vex and leave as well. NFF at least make one coach smile!
Re: Keshi Says Sack Not The End Of The World by bliss2al(m): 9:52pm On Oct 16, 2014
I've heard now what next?
Re: Keshi Says Sack Not The End Of The World by dedons: 10:07pm On Oct 16, 2014
According to him,there are a lot of countries already waiting to employ him.

My research shows that the countries in question are GUINEA,SIERRA-LEONE and LIBERIA.

(1) (Reply)

When You Realize Glen Johnson Will Start Against Ronaldo On Wednesday.. / Strong Home Based XI / Lotto Agent

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.