Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,410 members, 7,954,629 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 02:59 AM

Please Help! What Is The Best Remedy For My Nail-biting Habit - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Please Help! What Is The Best Remedy For My Nail-biting Habit (988 Views)

What Is The Best Remedy For Toothache? / Nail Biting: Mental Disorder Or Just A Bad Habit? / The Best Remedy To Cure Stretch Mark. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help! What Is The Best Remedy For My Nail-biting Habit by Bawsse(m): 11:34am On Sep 28, 2014
Hello fellow NLers.. . I have been biting my nails for as long as I can remember..... I am now 20, tried stopping at some points in my life but they later appear so juicy, sometimes they appear in my mouth even without my consent... My nails look so ugly n shapeless. My girlfriend have tried to get me to stop it, but I can't help it

This is really a bad habit that I just seem to get rid of. Please help with realistic solutions to help me and others with the same habit on this forum.

Thank you in advance
Re: Please Help! What Is The Best Remedy For My Nail-biting Habit by am0s(m): 11:54am On Sep 28, 2014
continue bitting as long as no dirt in ur finger....
it supplies calcium to ur body
Re: Please Help! What Is The Best Remedy For My Nail-biting Habit by Tallesty1(m): 12:05pm On Sep 28, 2014
Apply liquid from bitterleaf
Re: Please Help! What Is The Best Remedy For My Nail-biting Habit by Richhommie(m): 12:10pm On Sep 28, 2014
Try wearing hand gloves for most times in d day.
It might help.
Re: Please Help! What Is The Best Remedy For My Nail-biting Habit by dytbabe: 12:23pm On Sep 28, 2014
Hehehehehehehhe
My hobby
grin grin grin

Bt am sorry, I don't think there's a 2way abt it

*puts finger in mouth and cuts nail, spits it out and looks at nail*

There's so much pleasure in it u know

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Please Help! What Is The Best Remedy For My Nail-biting Habit by dytbabe: 12:26pm On Sep 28, 2014
Let me share with u a method my bro said

He said keep on eating o, u don't know its destiny killer

I was shocked, I didn't eat for 3days
My nails were so tempting

Na for slp I chop ooo

grin grin grin
Destiny killer ko
Life builder ni
cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Please Help! What Is The Best Remedy For My Nail-biting Habit by Bawsse(m): 1:03pm On Sep 28, 2014
Richhommie: Try wearing hand gloves for most times in d day.
It might help.
D kind of work I do would not permit that... For anyways
dytbabe: Hehehehehehehhe
My hobby
grin grin grin
Bt am sorry, I don't think there's a 2way abt it
*puts finger in mouth and cuts nail, spits it out and looks at nail*
There's so much pleasure in it u know
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
You try, you even spit it out.... Me I chew n swallowswallow angry
Re: Please Help! What Is The Best Remedy For My Nail-biting Habit by Bawsse(m): 1:09pm On Sep 28, 2014
am0s: continue bitting as long as no dirt in ur finger....
it supplies calcium to ur body
I can't guarantee that no dirt part.... It has become a part of me

Tallesty1: Apply liquid from bitterleaf
Humm... Wud dat work.... Tot dat was for finger-suckin babies
Re: Please Help! What Is The Best Remedy For My Nail-biting Habit by Funjosh(m): 1:40pm On Sep 28, 2014
Bawsse: Hello fellow NLers.. . I have been biting my nails for as long as I can remember..... I am now 20, tried stopping at some points in my life but they later appear so juicy, sometimes they appear in my mouth even without my consent... My nails look so ugly n shapeless. My girlfriend have tried to get me to stop it, but I can't help it

This is really a bad habit that I just seem to get rid of. Please help with realistic solutions to help me and others with the same habit on this forum.

Thank you in advance

Cut off your fingers. Just cut them off.
Re: Please Help! What Is The Best Remedy For My Nail-biting Habit by djeezy(m): 2:08pm On Sep 28, 2014
Tallesty1: Apply liquid from bitterleaf
hahaha. But he's not sucking his thumb na.....@op try using gloves sometimes.
Re: Please Help! What Is The Best Remedy For My Nail-biting Habit by arvinsloane(m): 10:04am On Sep 29, 2014
Funjosh:

Cut off your fingers. Just cut them off.
You just spoke my mind.
Re: Please Help! What Is The Best Remedy For My Nail-biting Habit by floragregs(f): 10:34am On Sep 29, 2014
I stopped chewing mine last year when I went to NYSC camp and saw how irritating the place was during rainy season! Whenever I had the urge to chew I would remember I was in a messy place. I just stopped till now. I get tempted after washing clothes because they look irresistible but I have stopped for good!
Re: Please Help! What Is The Best Remedy For My Nail-biting Habit by Bawsse(m): 2:32pm On Sep 29, 2014
floragregs: I stopped chewing mine last year when I went to NYSC camp and saw how irritating the place was during rainy season! Whenever I had the urge to chew I would remember I was in a messy place. I just stopped till now. I get tempted after washing clothes because they look irresistible but I have stopped for good!

Exactly.. U know ds....
I tried stopping one time cause my then girlfriend said I shud stop if I truly love her... I tried using our love as motivation... It worked at first but I chewed that shit like a hungry man after we broke up..
Re: Please Help! What Is The Best Remedy For My Nail-biting Habit by floragregs(f): 2:35pm On Sep 29, 2014
Bawsse:

Exactly.. U know ds....
I tried stopping one time cause my then girlfriend said I shud stop if I truly love her... I tried using our love as motivation... It worked at first but I chewed that shit like a hungry man after we broke up..
cheesy
Re: Please Help! What Is The Best Remedy For My Nail-biting Habit by Mekenz(m): 10:41pm On Sep 29, 2014
floragregs: cheesy
nawa oooo,so dis tin dat am addicted to(bitin of finger nails)some people ar feelin it too,bt am very sure dat my own magnitude of bittin actittude,surpas u all,cus mine is smtin else,atyms will b bittin mine while strodin on d main road,imagine....anyone dat beat me on dat?
Re: Please Help! What Is The Best Remedy For My Nail-biting Habit by Nobody: 12:35am On Sep 30, 2014
Hi there, I must say you got me laughing with your post, thanks I love to laugh. Okay down to the issue, you're perfectly fine, some people do different things to help keep them calm and distracted.

Since you touch different objects in between biting sessions and you're not sure of how clean your nails are, I'll advice you to carry a pocket size hand sanitizer for the occasional clean whenever you are able to remember to use it.

If you really wish to get rid of this habit you have to find motivation or switch to another habit if you are the type that needs the occasional calm/distraction. I know some people that constantly crack their finger knuckles, roll a finger in their hair, blink excessively etc. Different strokes for different folks, don't worry about what the society thinks or expects of you just be yourself, good luck smiley
Re: Please Help! What Is The Best Remedy For My Nail-biting Habit by Bawsse(m): 9:34am On Sep 30, 2014
Mekenz: nawa oooo,so dis tin dat am addicted to(bitin of finger nails)some people ar feelin it too,bt am very sure dat my own magnitude of bittin actittude,surpas u all,cus mine is smtin else,atyms will b bittin mine while strodin on d main road,imagine....anyone dat beat me on dat?

Here is your award for fingernail biter of the year.... R u happy nw

xcelsia: Hi there, I must say you got me laughing with your post, thanks I love to laugh. Okay down to the issue, you're perfectly fine, some people do different things to help keep them calm and distracted.
Since you touch different objects in between biting sessions and you're not sure of how clean your nails are, I'll advice you to carry a pocket size hand sanitizer for the occasional clean whenever you are able to remember to use it.
If you really wish to get rid of this habit you have to find motivation or switch to another habit if you are the type that needs the occasional calm/distraction. I know some people that constantly crack their finger knuckles, roll a finger in their hair, blink excessively etc. Different strokes for different folks, don't worry about what the society thinks or expects of you just be yourself, good luck smiley
Thanks... But dos other habits aren't as embarrassing as fingernail biting, or in my case chewing/chopping.. .. Sometimes I get caught off guard(with a finger in my mouth) by a pretty girl... But as a sharp guy, I switch from fingernail biting to beard stroking... grin
Re: Please Help! What Is The Best Remedy For My Nail-biting Habit by Nobody: 9:45am On Sep 30, 2014
I eat my nails up till now, was terrible in my early years...

I'm beginning to stop because I'm now so ashamed of it,
Nur/pri school pupils be biting nails, me too embarassed embarassed..
Op, just see it as a shameful/irritating act and you will see yourself stopping it..
also, get busy. .been so busy for a couple of weeks now and I'm surprised at how long my nails have grown... cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Please Help! What Is The Best Remedy For My Nail-biting Habit by Nobody: 2:49pm On Sep 30, 2014
Bawsse:

Here is your award for fingernail biter of the year.... R u happy nw

Thanks... But dos other habits aren't as embarrassing as fingernail biting, or in my case chewing/chopping.. .. Sometimes I get caught off guard(with a finger in my mouth) by a pretty girl... But as a sharp guy, I switch from fingernail biting to beard stroking... grin
Hahahaha @chewing and chopping, you're such a funny lad. Okay since pretty girls motivate you to stop then that could be a possible solution right there....surround yourself with pretty girls cheesy
Re: Please Help! What Is The Best Remedy For My Nail-biting Habit by Mekenz(m): 5:16pm On Sep 30, 2014
xcelsia: Hahahaha @chewing and chopping, you're such a funny lad. Okay since pretty girls motivate you to stop then that could be a possible solution right there....surround yourself with pretty girls cheesy
hmmmm.....sound like a gud ideal den,mayb i will giv it a try.
Re: Please Help! What Is The Best Remedy For My Nail-biting Habit by Bawsse(m): 7:26pm On Sep 30, 2014
MarvellousGod: I eat my nails up till now, was terrible in my early years...

I'm beginning to stop because I'm now so ashamed of it,
Nur/pri school pupils be biting nails, me too embarassed embarassed..
Op, just see it as a shameful/irritating act and you will see yourself stopping it..
also, get busy. .been so busy for a couple of weeks now and I'm surprised at how long my nails have grown... cheesy cheesy

Hmmmm..... Have tried this self motivation, but it works only to a certain point.... But fanx, Amma still keep trying sha
[q author=xcelsia] Hahahaha @chewing and chopping, you're such a funny lad. Okay since pretty girls motivate you to stop then that could be a possible solution right there....surround yourself with pretty girls cheesy[/quote]

Hmmm... . I myt jus try this one sha...
Starting with you... Kindly tell me how to reach you

(1) (Reply)

Blind Woman Regains Sight After Hitting Head On Table (photos) / Court Lifts Ban On Abalaka’s HIV Vaccines. / Have Anyone Noticed The Excess Heat These Days?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.