Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,532 members, 7,954,992 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 01:53 PM

Assuming Your Pastor Declared a 40days & 40nights Fasting, Will You Do It? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Assuming Your Pastor Declared a 40days & 40nights Fasting, Will You Do It? (765 Views)

Imagine You Own This Ride And Your Pastor Asked You To Sow A Seed With It / Christian Man Dies Emulating Jesus' 40days Fasting / Post A Comment From Your Pastor That Is Worthy Of Quote (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Assuming Your Pastor Declared a 40days & 40nights Fasting, Will You Do It? by Ukutsgp(m): 12:50pm On Sep 28, 2014
assuming your pastor declared 40days and 40nights fasting like:

1. Jesus did- Matthew 4:2

2. Elijah did - 1 Kings 19:8.

3. Moses did - Exodus 34:28, Exodus 24:18

will you do it?
Re: Assuming Your Pastor Declared a 40days & 40nights Fasting, Will You Do It? by Nobody: 1:10pm On Sep 28, 2014
Maybe
Re: Assuming Your Pastor Declared a 40days & 40nights Fasting, Will You Do It? by Ukutsgp(m): 1:25pm On Sep 28, 2014
samflexxy: Maybe
u nor even sure sef.
Re: Assuming Your Pastor Declared a 40days & 40nights Fasting, Will You Do It? by billsteve(m): 1:33pm On Sep 28, 2014
Oya mosee! Did it but na only the pastor go do de fasting .. Shey Hin wan finish me
Re: Assuming Your Pastor Declared a 40days & 40nights Fasting, Will You Do It? by Mendo007(m): 2:05pm On Sep 28, 2014
I don't have a problem with it. the only problem is from what time to what time
Re: Assuming Your Pastor Declared a 40days & 40nights Fasting, Will You Do It? by Ukutsgp(m): 2:54pm On Sep 28, 2014
Mendo007: I don't have a problem with it. the only problem is from what time to what time
dry fasting. without eating anything.
Re: Assuming Your Pastor Declared a 40days & 40nights Fasting, Will You Do It? by Kunleskey(m): 3:34pm On Sep 28, 2014
Am not sure....great are u lord...in him will i put my trust,.. i can do all things through christ who strengthen me..
Re: Assuming Your Pastor Declared a 40days & 40nights Fasting, Will You Do It? by Ukutsgp(m): 4:02pm On Sep 28, 2014
Kunleskey: Am not sure....great are u lord...in him will i put my trust,.. i can do all things through christ who strengthen me..
i dnt think anybody will go without food for forty days and survive.
Re: Assuming Your Pastor Declared a 40days & 40nights Fasting, Will You Do It? by Mendo007(m): 4:50pm On Sep 28, 2014
Ukutsgp: dry fasting. without eating anything.
dis will b my reply
" if dem send u cum tell dem say u nor meet me "
Re: Assuming Your Pastor Declared a 40days & 40nights Fasting, Will You Do It? by Ukutsgp(m): 6:02pm On Sep 28, 2014
Mendo007:
dis will b my reply
" if dem send u cum tell dem say u nor meet me "
na quarrel? after all, Elijah a man like you did it.
Re: Assuming Your Pastor Declared a 40days & 40nights Fasting, Will You Do It? by Anomnity: 9:02pm On Sep 28, 2014
Ukutsgp: assuming your pastor declared 40days and 40nights fasting like:

1. Jesus did- Matthew 4:2

2. Elijah did - 1 Kings 19:8.

3. Moses did - Exodus 34:28, Exodus 24:18

will you do it?
Dear Op, its not in the office of the pastor to declare dangerous prolonged complete dry fasts exceeding 3 days.God Himself alone has the authority to declare such.

Moses,Jesus and Elijah did not do it on personal choice but they were EXPRESSLY AND CLEARLY DIRECTED BY THE HOLY SPIRIT and they also recieved supernatural aunction from the holy ghost to execute it.Elijah even recieved supernatural food from an angel and the bible records that ...he went in the strength (empowerment) of that food...throughout the 40 days fast.

So for an individual christian or pastor to decide on such a long total fast without a CERTAIN & CLEAR guidiance from God will lead to a disaster.I have personally heard stories of people who died doing this.
Re: Assuming Your Pastor Declared a 40days & 40nights Fasting, Will You Do It? by Ukutsgp(m): 9:13pm On Sep 28, 2014
Anomnity:
Dear Op, its not in the office of the pastor to declare dangerous prolonged complete dry fasts exceeding 3 days.God Himself alone has the authority to declare such.

Moses,Jesus and Elijah did not do it on personal choice but they were EXPRESSLY AND CLEARLY DIRECTED BY THE HOLY SPIRIT and they also recieved supernatural aunction from the holy ghost to execute it.Elijah even recieved supernatural food from an angel and the bible records that ...he went in the strength (empowerment) of that food...throughout the 40 days fast.

So for an individual christian or pastor to decide on such a long total fast without a CERTAIN & CLEAR guidiance from God will lead to a disaster.I have personally heard stories of people who died doing this.
cant d holy spirit direct d pastor to declare 40days dry fast for his congregation?
Re: Assuming Your Pastor Declared a 40days & 40nights Fasting, Will You Do It? by Mendo007(m): 9:58am On Sep 29, 2014
Ukutsgp: na quarrel? after all, Elijah a man like you did it.
Elijah was a prophet n I'm just a hustling guy
Re: Assuming Your Pastor Declared a 40days & 40nights Fasting, Will You Do It? by Ukutsgp(m): 10:37am On Sep 29, 2014
Mendo007:
Elijah was a prophet n I'm just a hustling guy
dnt u go to church?
Re: Assuming Your Pastor Declared a 40days & 40nights Fasting, Will You Do It? by Mendo007(m): 10:57am On Sep 29, 2014
Ukutsgp: dnt u go to church?
my dear I have never missed church service not even once 4 d past 7yrs. I don't joke wit my God but 4 fasting...hmm.....no comment
Re: Assuming Your Pastor Declared a 40days & 40nights Fasting, Will You Do It? by Ukutsgp(m): 2:02pm On Sep 29, 2014
Mendo007:
my dear I have never missed church service not even once 4 d past 7yrs. I don't joke wit my God but 4 fasting...hmm.....no comment
so u have never fasted before?
Re: Assuming Your Pastor Declared a 40days & 40nights Fasting, Will You Do It? by Mendo007(m): 3:23pm On Sep 29, 2014
Ukutsgp: so u have never fasted before?
yes. 6 to 12 maximum
Re: Assuming Your Pastor Declared a 40days & 40nights Fasting, Will You Do It? by Ukutsgp(m): 3:30pm On Sep 29, 2014
Mendo007:
yes. 6 to 12 maximum
very funny. is it not children that does that?
Re: Assuming Your Pastor Declared a 40days & 40nights Fasting, Will You Do It? by Ukutsgp(m): 7:15am On Oct 05, 2014
hmm

(1) (Reply)

Catholic Priests Converts to Islam After Coma / Why Are Jerusalem And Mecca More Sacred Than Ife? / BIBLICAL POLITICS?9 Things U Think U Know About JESUS Dat Are Probably Not True!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.