Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,161 members, 7,818,533 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:08 PM

The Fourth Dimension - Part 1 - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / The Fourth Dimension - Part 1 (966 Views)

The Fourth Dimension -Part 6 / The Fourth Dimension - Part 4 / The Fourth Dimension - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Fourth Dimension - Part 1 by Sheikwonder(m): 3:08pm On Sep 28, 2014
Anyone who has dabbled in science,arts or graphics must be well acquainted with the terms 2D or 3D, 'D' being short for Dimension.
However 4D is a relatively new field of study and it encompasses all of science,religion,philosophy and the arts.

So,what is the fourth dimension?
There's no straightforward answer,and what you'll get on the internet is rather lengthy and complex,so I'll give my own opinion.To understand it,we'll brush up on our knowledge of 2D and 3D.

When we say 2D,we mean the dimensions of length and width.3D refers to length,width and depth.The difference between 2D and 3D would therefore be the perception of depth.A triangle is 2D,while a pyramid is 3D because it has depth.That extension can be used for most regular shapes e.g square-cube,rectangle-cuboid,circle-sphere.

Human beings are 3D,but we see in 2D.In subsequent parts of this series,i'll explain in detail...

In summary,we live in a 3D world; trees,cars,houses are all 3D.But what would a 4D world look like?

Follow me and find out!
Re: The Fourth Dimension - Part 1 by psucc(m): 4:09pm On Sep 28, 2014
Following. . .
Re: The Fourth Dimension - Part 1 by Blakjewelry(m): 4:23pm On Sep 28, 2014
let's see how it goes...because even through the forth dimension is time, I have being trying to wrap my around the relationship between space and time.
Re: The Fourth Dimension - Part 1 by Sheikwonder(m): 5:01pm On Sep 28, 2014
I have published a 2nd part to this series.I would have loved to write it all in one page,but it would be too lengthy.
Subsequent series will follow,but for those of you who have anything to say,for or against,leave your comments...I'd really appreciate your feedback.

Thanks.
Re: The Fourth Dimension - Part 1 by Nobody: 11:25pm On Sep 25, 2015
A 4D world is what we live in . . . time is the fourth dimension . . .

But continue. grin I'm curious. grin
Re: The Fourth Dimension - Part 1 by Sheikwonder(m): 1:05am On Sep 26, 2015
Re: The Fourth Dimension - Part 1 by Sheikwonder(m): 1:08am On Sep 26, 2015
Teempakguy:
A 4D world is what we live in . . . time is the fourth dimension . . .

But continue. grin I'm curious. grin

www.nairaland.com/1924190/fourth-dimension-part-2
Re: The Fourth Dimension - Part 1 by Emmyk(m): 6:37am On Sep 26, 2015
My friend said he watched 9D at the cinema grin
Re: The Fourth Dimension - Part 1 by Sheikwonder(m): 8:15am On Sep 26, 2015
Emmyk:
My friend said he watched 9D at the cinema grin

He was just being funny...
Re: The Fourth Dimension - Part 1 by Emmyk(m): 1:18pm On Sep 26, 2015
Sheikwonder:

He was just being funny...
Nope. He was serious about it. Search online...There is 9D
Re: The Fourth Dimension - Part 1 by Sheikwonder(m): 3:02pm On Sep 26, 2015
Emmyk:

Nope. He was serious about it. Search online...There is 9D

Alright let's set the record straight.The "grin" in "3D" stands for Dimensions to whit:Length,Width and Depth as explained in the article.From the viewpoint of science that's the maximum in terms of physically observable dimensional parameters except we bring in tesseracts-which is a discussion for another time.

However in other uses such as in entertainment,ultrasound scanning,etc People talk about higher dimensions not from a scientific point of view,but to highlight certain features such as perhaps clarity,multimedia features,enhanced resonance e.t.c

I have not had time to peruse and study information on this subject matter for a while but this very much sums up my understanding of dimensions.You may do well to enlighten us on what you know.It's a public forum for information exchange.

Floor's yours...
Re: The Fourth Dimension - Part 1 by Emmyk(m): 3:12pm On Sep 26, 2015
Sheikwonder:

Alright let's set the record straight.The "grin" in "3D" stands for Dimensions to whit:Length,Width and Depth as explained in the article.From the viewpoint of science that's the maximum in terms of physically observable dimensional parameters except we bring in tesseracts-which is a discussion for another time.

However in other uses such as in entertainment,ultrasound scanning,etc People talk about higher dimensions not from a scientific point of view,but to highlight certain features such as perhaps clarity,multimedia features,enhanced resonance e.t.c

I have not had time to peruse and study information on this subject matter for a while but this very much sums up my understanding of dimensions.You may do well to enlighten us on what you know.It's a public forum for information exchange.

Floor's yours...
I share same opinion as you do bro.... I don't know what to say.

(1) (Reply)

GOD Has Modernised Moses Tablet For The Ten Commandment / The Five Most Brilliant Female Romancelanders. / 36 Rare Photographs From History.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.