Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,815 members, 7,827,993 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:53 PM

Question For The Day...... - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Question For The Day...... (437 Views)

My Opinion And Big Question For Atheists / "House On The Rock Members (HOTR) @ Lagos" Please I Have A Question For You! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Question For The Day...... by Hade4larin: 6:16pm On Sep 28, 2014
Hmm, this Is a very Important Discussion, Are Nigerians truly good Christians/Muslim or mere pretenders putting into consideration the rate of corruption & the rate of evil in this country??

I won't say they are pretenders, the most
obvious truth is that they don't even know what they are doing in the name of religion.
Some go to get rich, Others see it as a mere social outing, Yet others think they can destroy the witches in their family by going, Some few go there to meet gf/bf/wife/husband, And I know of one rich man that goes just because if he doesn't go people will think that he is a member of secret society (nonetheless he is a member of one).....
We were deformed through misinformation,
while there were sincere missionaries no doubt but most of them brought in religion as a means of dominating others, they present themselves as custodian of knowledge of the only way to salvation and make it appear as you must follow only their teachings to be like them. When the missionaries were gone, our Pastors perfected the act of mass delusion, seeking only to fulfill immediate carnal, physical needs while the soul decays, answering Christians yet not living like Christ
Re: Question For The Day...... by SpcAgtOko: 7:03pm On Sep 28, 2014
It isn't just a Nigerian thing.. Girls and guys both in the US go to church for fashion show, to see their friends/guys/girls/whatever.

I think the mere fact that they are going to church should mean something. They at least know it's important in some sense.

If that makes any sense grin

(1) (Reply)

JESUS Is The Way / Optimism / What Is Transcendental Meditation?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.