Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,584 members, 7,958,802 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 01:44 AM

Facts Based On Marvel And Its Characters! - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Facts Based On Marvel And Its Characters! (1035 Views)

Uzodinma Iweala: 'Beast Of No Nation', Based On Novel By Okonjo-iweala‘s Son / Marvel Cinematic Universe / Thor Will Now Officially Be a Woman in Marvel Comics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Facts Based On Marvel And Its Characters! by suckerpunch: 6:34pm On Sep 28, 2014
Enlisted before you are facts based on MARVEL and some of its characters. Enjoy the lengthy read!

1. Jarvis was actually a human in the comics. He was Tony Stark's butler..Marvel decided to turn him into JARVIS(Just A Rather Very Intelligent System), an artificial intelligence, installed in Stark's manor so as not to mimic DC's Batman and Alfred relationship.

2. Tony Stark created his suit while he was been held hostage by a powerful organization that kidnapped and tortured him so that he could build a weapon of mass destruction. Having finish the suit, he escaped and vowed to use it for good.

3.Chris Hemsworth(Thor) was told to dye his eyebrow blonde before starring in "the Avengers".

4. Tony's head of security "Happy Hogan" is actually in love with Pepper Potts(Tony's gf) for a very long time now. But that's a secret for him to keep. He dare not let Tony know or else.....
I guess that's why Writer Drew didn't expose it as compared to the comics..where Hogan actually married her. Would have been devastating for Tony.

5. Marvel are well known(not by most people though) to feature an additional short film after the closing credit.
Remember after the Avengers battle when Iron man said " I think I saw a sharwama spot..we should all go try it out" well..They did. It was displayed after the first additional short film which paved way for Hugo's debut.

In Captain America- Winter's Soldier. The additional film after the epilogue was two mutants(Wanda and Pietro Maximoff- Magneto's children) showcasing their abilities in a locked container. One had the ability to run pretty fast while the other..telekinesis.

In the Amazing Spider man 2: It was that of Harry in a wheelchair(i think) as the camera slowly displays his new set of fighting 'costumes' expected to be used in "The amazing spider man 3"

In the first sequel of Thor- A huge looking guy with his face hidden gave Loki the power to rule over his alien-army in order to start a war. Those were the aliens in "The avengers"

While in Thor 2- the dark world: Thor's warriors/friends gave "The collector" the Aether. The indestructible 'organism' that possessed Jane for sake keeping. After they left, he said "one down..5 to go!" In other words, expect Thor 3. wink

6. Nick Fury, the black dude with an eye patch, was showcased as a white guy in the comics but Samuel L. Jackson's love for the character was the main factor that got him the role. Well, that was after MARVEL redesigned Fury to look like him without his permission. Upon noticing it, he called MARVEL and struck a deal with them to be featured in future MARVEL movies. Smart guy!

7. S.H.I.E.LD do have a weapon that could be used against Thor and Hulk. Well, Banner(Hulk) debunked this by stating "it cant kill me..nothing can..believe me, I've tried. Shot myself in the mouth, the big guy spitted the bullet out" Don't let Superman hear this! smiley

8. Eminem is a character in MARVEL Comics. Ability? Above average human strength and intelligence. His named Marshall Bruce Mathers III. Hey! He may not be to teleport but he has a cool limo for tramsportation. He's armed with a pistol and a chain saw. I bet he has his mic somewhere since he's also a rapper in the comic.

9..A young boy refused to wear hearing aids because superheroes don't wear one. MARVEL decided to make a superhero with hearing problem..which he corrected with hearing aids just to get the kid to wear one.

10. Stan Lee, a write for MARVEL comics sued the company in 2005 because they hid profit from him over his 60 years with them. Stan Lee is also a writer for DC.

11. MARVEL comics published a comic called "The Punisher Kills The Marvel Universe" in which he killed every single Marvel superhero and villain, including himself.

12. Days before the 9/11 attack, MARVEL comics revealed a new character named "Jihad".A character bent on world conquest.

13. Mr immortal, a MARVEL character, that has the power of immortality. He's been killed in ways including "dehydration, drowning, shot, poisoning, explosion....."

13. The reason Spiderman didn't appear in The Avengers is because MARVEL sold the right to Sony. If you want Spidey..go plea with Sony!

14. Micheal Jackson tired to buy MARVEL comics so he could act as Spiderman in his own produced movie. Am I the only that's relieved he didn't? grin

N.B: Readers are likely to come across grammatical errors. I don't have the time to correct any. #Low ba3. Bear with me!

Credit to me wink , http://kickassfacts.com/30-kickass-and-interesting-facts-about-marvel-comics/ and other sources.

Re: Facts Based On Marvel And Its Characters! by Guykhena(m): 6:52pm On Sep 28, 2014
suckerpunch:

10. Stan Lee, a write for MARVEL comics sued the company in 2005 because they hid profit from him over his 60 years with them. Stan Lee is also a writer for DC.

Is ,I don't think the use of "is" is applicable here... undecided
Re: Facts Based On Marvel And Its Characters! by suckerpunch: 7:23pm On Sep 28, 2014
Guykhena:

Is ,I don't think the use of "is" is applicable here... undecided

...and why not?
Re: Facts Based On Marvel And Its Characters! by suckerpunch: 7:25pm On Sep 28, 2014
Btw, second pic is that of the collector. I made reference to him in Thor 2 write up
Re: Facts Based On Marvel And Its Characters! by yorex2011: 8:37pm On Sep 28, 2014
Hmm.. Didn't knw all these b4..nice

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Response To Channels Sunrisedaily Presenters Taken To The Cleaners / Nollywood Movies That Probably Gave You Nightmares As A Child / Updated thread for nollywood funny scenes- zeroseconds 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.