Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,527 members, 7,770,345 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 09:38 AM

Is It Wrong For Christians To End A Marriage Due To Impotency Of A Partner - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Wrong For Christians To End A Marriage Due To Impotency Of A Partner (28027 Views)

Is It Wrong To Call The Name Of Jesus During Sex? / Is It Right For Christians To Seek For Signs And Wonders? / Is It Wisdom For Christians To Lie In Some Situations? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Wrong For Christians To End A Marriage Due To Impotency Of A Partner by bunmioguns(m): 11:33am On Sep 29, 2014
Please I need your your opinions on this

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Is It Wrong For Christians To End A Marriage Due To Impotency Of A Partner by immortalcrown(m): 11:42am On Sep 29, 2014
My answer to your question is capital YES because the holy bible especially the New Testament which is the main constitution that governs christians did not mention 'impotency' as a reason for divorce.

17 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong For Christians To End A Marriage Due To Impotency Of A Partner by Blakjewelry(m): 11:48am On Sep 29, 2014
yes for better for worst, beside it can be cared

3 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong For Christians To End A Marriage Due To Impotency Of A Partner by bunmioguns(m): 11:53am On Sep 29, 2014
immortalcrown: My answer to your question is capital YES because the holy bible especially the New Testament which is the main constitution that governs christians did not mention 'impotency' as a reason for divorce.
Blakjewelry: yes for better for worst, beside it can be cared

hmmm

ok, am learning
Re: Is It Wrong For Christians To End A Marriage Due To Impotency Of A Partner by jacabi(m): 12:15pm On Sep 29, 2014
Till death do you part.

3 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong For Christians To End A Marriage Due To Impotency Of A Partner by Nobody: 12:30pm On Sep 29, 2014
Ok somewhere in the Bible: go ye into the world and multiply. grin
But then again, Marriage is till death do you part.

Well except in a case where the person caused it himself and didn't tell his/her partner, I don't think its nice or good to leave a partner because of impotency. He or she didn't choose to be or create himself. It could even happen to you who want to separate cos of that reason. You're just lucky God didn't create u dat way.

Never going to happen to me in Jesus name tho but I wouldn't do such.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Wrong For Christians To End A Marriage Due To Impotency Of A Partner by Nobody: 12:41pm On Sep 29, 2014
mynd44 I see u viewing, its front page worthy. oya seun
Re: Is It Wrong For Christians To End A Marriage Due To Impotency Of A Partner by tintingz(m): 1:19pm On Sep 29, 2014
Yes and No...
Re: Is It Wrong For Christians To End A Marriage Due To Impotency Of A Partner by Nobody: 1:54pm On Sep 29, 2014
The question here should be: was there ever a marriage to start with?

In my view, a number of factors must be considered before someone can truly claim that he or she is married.

1) The union must be one entered with full consent.
2) The couples must be able to consummate the union via the conjugal act.
3) The couples must have attained the age of reasoning.

Without those 3, there is no marriage. A man who is impotent would have defaulted on at least one of the above. The lady would be right to ask for a dissolution of the union as divorce does not come to play here.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Wrong For Christians To End A Marriage Due To Impotency Of A Partner by Obinoscopy(m): 2:19pm On Sep 29, 2014
striktlymi: The question here should be: was there ever a marriage to start with?

In my view, a number of factors must be considered before someone can truly claim that he or she is married.

1) The union must be one entered with full consent.
2) The couples must be able to consummate the union via the conjugal act.
3) The couples must have attained the age of reasoning.

Without those 3, there is no marriage. A man who is impotent would have defaulted on at least one of the above. The lady would be right to ask for a dissolution of the union as divorce does not come to play here.
Nice response.

But is it biblical?

7 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong For Christians To End A Marriage Due To Impotency Of A Partner by Nobody: 3:01pm On Sep 29, 2014
Obinoscopy: Nice response.

But is it biblical?

Um, you won't see those mentioned explicitly in sacred scriptures but they are all implied. In my view, they are 'biblical'.
Re: Is It Wrong For Christians To End A Marriage Due To Impotency Of A Partner by majorgr: 3:12pm On Sep 29, 2014
As a Christian, u are not under the world's counsel and government system but under the Kingdom of God governmental system. You see, in our kingdom, there is what is called health care scheme, which is better than any health scheme the world can provide. It is called HEALING! If there is a case of impotency, God will heal it and rectify the faults you just hav to bring ur husband to the point where his faith can allow access to the Healing powers of God. I just witness such a starling situation, after many years, a lady who culdnt conceive is now pregnant bucuz of her confession of faith!

32 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong For Christians To End A Marriage Due To Impotency Of A Partner by bunmioguns(m): 9:52pm On Sep 29, 2014
booqee: Ok somewhere in the Bible: go ye into the world and multiply. grin
But then again, Marriage is till death do you part.

Well except in a case where the person caused it himself and didn't tell his/her partner, I don't think its nice or good to leave a partner because of impotency. He or she didn't choose to be or create himself. It could even happen to you who want to separate cos of that reason. You're just lucky God didn't create u dat way.

Never going to happen to me in Jesus name tho but I wouldn't do such.

Booqee dear, I also pray it doesn't happen to you, God forbid bad thing

you found out later after your wedding that your hubby have the xteristics, are you telling me you won't play away game

please no offence, just a question

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Wrong For Christians To End A Marriage Due To Impotency Of A Partner by lanrefront1(m): 8:02am On Sep 30, 2014
You didn't explain yourself well.

Are you taking about couples who have been married for many or several years and something now happened to the husband?

(There is female impotency too but the I'll assume we're talking about that of the male since it's the most common and understandable)

Then the second scenario: a man and woman gets married and the wife discovers that the husband is impotent. Such a marriage can definitely be dissolved by church elders or authority.

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong For Christians To End A Marriage Due To Impotency Of A Partner by Heyliesha(m): 7:58am On Oct 05, 2014
Wait lemme ask ma pastor
Re: Is It Wrong For Christians To End A Marriage Due To Impotency Of A Partner by born2boink(m): 7:58am On Oct 05, 2014
Being a christian doesn't mean you should be mumu, even Jesus was never mumu as people of now a days Christianity, I remember dem David, Solomon, Elijah, and Moses, all of dem sharp. If your marriage have issue, divorced and get a new life, there is always room for forgiveness

2 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong For Christians To End A Marriage Due To Impotency Of A Partner by korel9: 7:59am On Oct 05, 2014
Op no vex o. Women too dey "impotent"?

Plus, "Are you impo...?" grin grin grin
Re: Is It Wrong For Christians To End A Marriage Due To Impotency Of A Partner by datguru: 7:59am On Oct 05, 2014
For true christians, when I say christians, I mean genuine born again children of God, DEATH should be the only thing that will end your marriage, GOD HEALS IMPOTENCY, he can give womb to a woman without womb, so the deal is to keep believing God for a miracle, GOD has his own time table and calendar very different from our own, HE will perfect it in HIS time.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Wrong For Christians To End A Marriage Due To Impotency Of A Partner by slimaliyu(m): 7:59am On Oct 05, 2014
The major prblm with christains is that they knw close 2 nothing abt their bible, may b because thy r just too lazy to study it or perhaps d bible is unable to clearify many important issues which is most likely to be the case,resulting to everybody's opinion coming out directly frm his/her thoughts instead of d so-called holy book.

LAST BULLET---> religeon should'nt b practiced just because u found ur parents practicing it, bt because u hv made a great deal of research nd convinced that it is indeed d true religeon worthy of practice.

Peace~

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Wrong For Christians To End A Marriage Due To Impotency Of A Partner by Ghanamustgo(m): 7:59am On Oct 05, 2014
Yes
Re: Is It Wrong For Christians To End A Marriage Due To Impotency Of A Partner by kenbee(f): 7:59am On Oct 05, 2014
yes, it is wrong

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong For Christians To End A Marriage Due To Impotency Of A Partner by Nobody: 8:00am On Oct 05, 2014
No,after all,its said what God has join together,let no man,or thing put asunder.

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong For Christians To End A Marriage Due To Impotency Of A Partner by joedejana(m): 8:00am On Oct 05, 2014
SYNAGOGUE IS NOT FAR AWAY.

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong For Christians To End A Marriage Due To Impotency Of A Partner by Wolison(m): 8:00am On Oct 05, 2014
Re: Is It Wrong For Christians To End A Marriage Due To Impotency Of A Partner by QMark: 8:00am On Oct 05, 2014
That's a big question o
Re: Is It Wrong For Christians To End A Marriage Due To Impotency Of A Partner by Beehshorp(m): 8:00am On Oct 05, 2014
there shall be no barren in t he land so if dere is any barren kindly cast it away
Re: Is It Wrong For Christians To End A Marriage Due To Impotency Of A Partner by djeezy(m): 8:00am On Oct 05, 2014
The Bible said go ye into the world and multiply. Well that's an aside. No doubt marriage is meant to be for better for worse. Meaning once you've in, you can't get out. Of course the bible knew this was harsh and created an exception, cases of infidelity. Well if there's room for one exception. Surely enough to accommodate more. One of the elements of a valid marriage is consummation and I see no way an impotent man can achieve that and so the marriage should be treated as never existed in the first place. So a spouse can want out.
Re: Is It Wrong For Christians To End A Marriage Due To Impotency Of A Partner by sammieguze(m): 8:01am On Oct 05, 2014
Yes. Or... Why else did God says go and multipl?

My opinion though
Re: Is It Wrong For Christians To End A Marriage Due To Impotency Of A Partner by olayinka63: 8:02am On Oct 05, 2014
not only christian islam forbade muslim from marriage due to impotency cos it has great defects in family life
Re: Is It Wrong For Christians To End A Marriage Due To Impotency Of A Partner by free2ryhme: 8:02am On Oct 05, 2014
What's your own opinion undecided
Re: Is It Wrong For Christians To End A Marriage Due To Impotency Of A Partner by Nobody: 8:02am On Oct 05, 2014
Without mincing words and as a direct answer to your question with reference to the Bible using my own interpretation, the answer is Capital YES!. I.e. It is wrong.
The Christian Bible says: "On no occasion should you divorce your spouse except for adultery".

That being said, if you ask for my personal opinion next time, I will oblige.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Orimiri Jordan In Enugu, Heals Mad Man / "Is Abstinence Before Marriage A Realistic Message?" / Pastor Adeboye Prays For Staff Of A Construction Company

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.