Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,742 members, 7,809,839 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:48 PM

Unilorin:an Hate Story - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Unilorin:an Hate Story (1271 Views)

Things You Hate To See On Nairaland / Unilorin Remedial List 2010/2011 / I Hate Birthdays (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Unilorin:an Hate Story by Nobody: 4:04pm On Sep 29, 2014
I finished secondary school this year and decided to write jamb the same year.when i thought about the school to chose no school came to my mind than unilorin:THE BETTER BY FAR UNIVERSITY. i scored 222 in jamb.i am an art student so i chose mass communication as my course.when i checked their cut off mark for the course it was 220.i chose mass communication.since i was past their cut off mark.i also noticed that most universities in Nigerias cut off mark for the course is not up to that.in this last jamb the cut off mark for mass comm is much even more than medicine.i took their post jamb and scored 64.i was overjoyed. i started boasting to people in my area that i was not going to write jamb twice,that i was going to enter university this year.the first batch of admission list came out.my name was not there,the second batch came out and i was given SOCIAL WORK as a course.imagine.i am the first born of my family,i have 4 siblings looking up to me.how can i go and study social work in the university?.. till now i have never heard of the course before.well i have accepted my fate.i am goin to stay at home and write another jamb next year(and chose another school)..but not even wild horses can take me to that school.with that type of score,i am given one yeye course.i hate that school.I will advise jambites not to chose the school. cos thats not a school.my case is even better.some are worse like my friend who had 234 in jamb and chose medicine.the cut off for medicine is 215 o.he scored 70 in post jamb and he was given agric studies.imagine dat.....gosh i fvcking hate that school
Re: Unilorin:an Hate Story by dejt4u(m): 4:25pm On Sep 29, 2014
Biko
Re: Unilorin:an Hate Story by lomaxx: 5:08pm On Sep 29, 2014
Cut off for Medicine 215??

Puhhhleassee?

It is not done anywhere!!!!
Re: Unilorin:an Hate Story by Drniyi4u(m): 5:41pm On Sep 29, 2014
şoçįāl woŗķ, ābį şoçįāl şţųdįęş
bţw, mędįçįŋę 215??
Re: Unilorin:an Hate Story by Lagusta(m): 5:55pm On Sep 29, 2014
Look, if you like go to the american university of somalia to study african ethics, ko kan ay...

But coming here to open your dustbin mouth to vomit trash that cut-off mark for medicine is 215 means you are not oriented in time, place and person...

The cut-off mark for unilorin medicine is 240, i can categorically say so because i am a proud alumnus of the college of health sciences...

So guy, no vex, accept social work or gtfo
Re: Unilorin:an Hate Story by Doclight(m): 5:56pm On Sep 29, 2014
lomaxx: Cut off for Medicine 215??

Puhhhleassee?

It is not done anywhere!!!!
i guess he meant the jamb cut.

But it used to be 240 for mbbs aspirants jamb cut.

Btw i have heard a lot of conflicting stories, many peeps score as high as 80% in pjamb and like 260 in jamb and they got little-worth or no course.
Re: Unilorin:an Hate Story by Lagusta(m): 6:07pm On Sep 29, 2014
Doclight: i guess he meant the jamb cut.

But it used to be 240 for mbbs aspirants jamb cut.

Btw i have heard a lot of conflicting stories, many peeps score as high as 80% in pjamb and like 260 in jamb and they got little-worth or no course.

its like you guyz dont get it, do you

If you must apply for medicine in unilorin, you MUST have a STRONG LEG or God favours you...

Medicine in unilorin is very competitive, they pick only FIFTY candidates, yes FIFTY!!! Out of over one thousand and something applicants, ONLY FIFTY(50) are picked!!!

E no easy nah
Re: Unilorin:an Hate Story by Doclight(m): 6:23pm On Sep 29, 2014
Lagusta:

its like you guyz dont get it, do you

If you must apply for medicine in unilorin, you MUST have a STRONG LEG or God favours you...

Medicine in unilorin is very competitive, they pick only FIFTY candidates, yes FIFTY!!! Out of over one thousand and something applicants, ONLY FIFTY(50) are picked!!!

E no easy nah
yes boss lagusta. I pressume.

Only saying from what i observed. Now u've cleared the air.

So if i may ask,
what ratio of slot did NMA gave to unilorin?
50? Or is the 50 picked only from utme applicants?
Re: Unilorin:an Hate Story by Lagusta(m): 6:45pm On Sep 29, 2014
Doclight: yes boss lagusta. I pressume.

Only saying from what i observed. Now u've cleared the air.

So if i may ask,
what ratio of slot did NMA gave to unilorin?
50? Or is the 50 picked only from utme applicants?

my dear oga!!!

50 for utme, 30 for DE....

NMA has no hand, only schools decide their quota
Re: Unilorin:an Hate Story by Doclight(m): 6:52pm On Sep 29, 2014
Lagusta:

my dear oga!!!

50 for utme, 30 for DE....

NMA has no hand, only schools decide their quota
really? I stumbled on an artcle a certain day.
It contains list of accreditted med schools and their quota. In medicine and dentistry respectively.
Re: Unilorin:an Hate Story by Lagusta(m): 6:55pm On Sep 29, 2014
Doclight: really? I stumbled on an artcle a certain day.
It contains list of accreditted med schools and their quota. In medicine and dentistry respectively.

oh!!! You're talking about th medical and dental council of nigeria (MDCN)...

www.mdcn.gov.ng

lets check here...
Re: Unilorin:an Hate Story by Doclight(m): 7:02pm On Sep 29, 2014
Lagusta:

oh!!! You're talking about th medical and dental council of nigeria (MDCN)...

www.mdcn.gov.ng

lets check here...
yes more like it

though not really it.

I think i have it in my phone in pdf format
Re: Unilorin:an Hate Story by Babafaros(m): 7:10pm On Sep 29, 2014
@Lagusta,Each university has its own quota oo prescribed by NMA
Check here 2 confirm
https://www.mdcn.gov.ng/index.php/training/accredited-medical-institutions
@OP,UNILORIN ADMISSION are seriously frustrating ooo,I will never encourage anybody to pick UNILORIN in my life
A sch where my Friend who picked medicine had 274 in jamb&80% in pjamb& later given an agric course
A sch dat discriminates abt Religion etc
Sorry bro,Better luck nxt time,Get Jamb&pick my Sch[OAU],If u don
make cut off like this,u don enta bdat
Re: Unilorin:an Hate Story by Doclight(m): 7:15pm On Sep 29, 2014
Babafaros: @Lagusta,Each university has its own quota oo prescribed by NMA
Check here 2 confirm
@OP,UNILORIN ADMISSION are seriously frustrating ooo,I will never encourage anybody to pick UNILORIN in my life
A sch where my Friend who picked medicine had 274 in jamb&80% in pjamb& later given an agric course
thank u for that.

I wasnt silly after all
Re: Unilorin:an Hate Story by Lagusta(m): 2:33pm On Sep 30, 2014
Babafaros: @Lagusta,Each university has its own quota oo prescribed by NMA
Check here 2 confirm

you mentioned NMA, but that website links to MDCN; those bodies are totally different in its entirety!!!

NMA: nigerian medical association, a trade union for doctors where a single voice can be heard, quite political, just like the NUT, NLC, NUPENG, etc...

MDCN: medical and dental council of nigeria. A governing body which oversees the practice of all doctors, dentists and even alternative medical practicioners. They are the POLICE of doctors, and even the LAW COURT...

It is COMPULSORY to be registered under the MDCN, but not so for NMA...

MDCN is just like the nigerian universities commission, they also regulate colleges of medicine, dentistry, etc...

(1) (Reply)

I Really Like Lepasharon❤️ / 2022: Get the INDIA VS NIGERIA ebook / Miss Ekimogun Beauty Pageant 2015 Holds Today In Ondo Town Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.