Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,845 members, 7,810,255 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:55 AM

JOHESU Issues Fifteen Days Ultimatum - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / JOHESU Issues Fifteen Days Ultimatum (23535 Views)

Health Workers "JOHESU" Calls Off Strike / JOHESU Gives FG 15 Days Ultimatum Before Going For Indefinite Strike / Health Workers Issues 15 Days Ultimatum To FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: JOHESU Issues Fifteen Days Ultimatum by PTAwal: 10:51pm On Sep 30, 2014
sogodihno:

I pity dz country and u called urself a doctor?
Wat u should av said is dt FG should close all pharmacy,Nursing,Physiotherapy,Lab tech schs and dey should b trainin only doctors, and see how far dey can go.
Since only doctors are important. SMH!
That one isn't a doctor. He's quack. That's all.
Re: JOHESU Issues Fifteen Days Ultimatum by thegeneral84: 7:53am On Oct 01, 2014
chuksbogus: when u don't know and u do not know that you don't know then you are domed.

most of this JOHESU demands have been in the National industrial court for the past 3 yrs and when the verdict was in favour of almighty nma threatened to go on strike if federal govt implemente a court verdict, imagine?
the court said that the members of johesu is entitled to d skipping that has been in the civil service and the doctors refused saying that unless they will be allowed to skip conmess 3 .
How can u tell me that a Bsc, masters, phd holders in other health profession will not be allowed to get to do post of a director imagine cos only doctor answers medical director.
mind u that the doctors are fighting for the so called relativity meaning that a level 12 nurse should not earn almost same with a level 12 Dr. pls the nairalanders view this issues without bias. a doctor enter civil service on grade level 12 as at now nurses enters on 8 pending the approval of the new scheme of service that will allow them Bsc holder enter at 10.a level 12 nurse must have worked for 12 yrs and above before attaining that position while newly employed doctor start in 12 is the relativity not taken care of? considering how far do nurse came to be in 12? likewise pharmacy they start in 10 and need atleast 6to8 years to be in 12.

there were salary adjustments in January for both johesu and nma federal government said there is no money that they will effect it by January and every body agreed only for Drs to go for this strike and were paid 2months arrears ,where did they get the money? why didn't they pay both party 2months? is it cos one went on strike and the other didn't?

mind u they are owing members of johesu skipping arrears since 4 yrs imagine?

may be its only the group that goes on strike gets Wat they want, so we are ready to explore that option
Let me break down this issue of relativity for you. Permit me to tell it as a story:
Two jambites got admission into the University, one to read medicine, the other to read pharmacy in 2005. The pharmacist's pathway went thus (under ideal conditions and no strikes) 5 yrs of pharmacy and he graduates in 2010, did internship in 2011, NYSC in 2012, civil service on grade level 10 in 2013. After 3 yrs in civil service, he is promoted to grade level 12 in 2016.

The medical doctor's pathway went as follows (still under ideal conditions) undergraduate medicine for 7 years (yes... 7 years but 6 sessions in most Universities). graduated as medical doctor in 2012, did housemanship in 2013, NYSC in 2014. Now take a pause! New Resident doctors are usually employed every 2 years. So the doc in the above instance, depending on his luck, can be employed into civil service in 2015 or 2016 on grade level 12.

From the 2 scenarios above, u can see that those 2 jambites (one admitted into pharmacy and the other into medicine) in 2005 ended up at the same level in 2016 !!
So why is there any hype about medicine when your classmate in pharmacy, optometry, etc will end up at the same level as you?
The medicine jambite could have relaxed a bit, had a lower jamb score and entered into d other course since he will still end up at the same level with his medicine contemporaries/classmates even as a pharmacist.
Thus in our current civil service structure, there is no relativity. JOHESU tries to pull a cloak over the "eyes" of the masses by saying that there is relativity because a post-NYSC pharmacist starts at level 10 while a post_NYSC doctor starts at level 12. What they conveniently fail to say is that currently, contemporaries in both medicine and pharmacy, optometry..etc end up at the same level eventually.
The problem here is, someone (the doc in this instance) would not compare his success with his seniors but with his contemporaries/ classmates (those that read pharm, etc). So if reading medicine did not give him an edge over his classmates that read pharmacy, then there is no reason to give an arm and a leg to read medicine when he could have spent less time, effort, money..etc. To read pharmacy.

The above is the real issue with relativity.

4 Likes

Re: JOHESU Issues Fifteen Days Ultimatum by Kcinho(m): 9:17am On Oct 01, 2014
GodZilla31:

FYI johesu didn't take any oath. don't get it twisted. doctors took oath# clarification
Hence you can treat the patients any way you like.
Re: JOHESU Issues Fifteen Days Ultimatum by Samgreguc(m): 9:57am On Oct 01, 2014
ozo13: Abeg gv ths guys most of wat dey want.buh they shld always know they cant enjoy same/equal goodies as doctor in d hospital.even a new born baby knows that .even jamb cutoff mark aint same for all courses in d health profession.most of this guys actually wanted to study medicine.its either becos of low quota or maybe they cldnt obtain d minimum jamb score for medicine, they had to settle for those oda allied health courses.it is well.
abeg wetin u mean by allied health courses?
Re: JOHESU Issues Fifteen Days Ultimatum by dalongjnr: 10:07am On Oct 01, 2014
Jayloy: Always comparing themselves with doctors when even God himself knows that they are not equal and any attempt to make them so will be catastrophic.
There's nothing wrong with other health professionals wanting to be like doctors but when they want our authority, we show them their place.
ur mumu no get boundary, I can c that ur 6years in medical school doesn't equal d wisdom of sosccerrate! how insane can u b when their demands are legal. the even show their court ruling against FG n the illegal body called NMA,in which they won their case at the NICN. C u need Jesus to cure u of insanity. u need go back to school to learn d meaning of "PROFESSION". u should know that a nurse, pharm,lab scientists,...are not answerable to u guys,u work interdependently. It's only in Nigeria that a doctor feel that he can do d work of d aforementioned. learn to respect ur co-worker, by so doing they can give same to u. if u want to head them then go and read nursing, pharmacy... as a profession. I will soon take u guys to court for professional molestation. copy from d west Pls.
Re: JOHESU Issues Fifteen Days Ultimatum by BraniacX(m): 12:17pm On Oct 01, 2014
thegeneral84:
Let me break down this issue of relativity 4 u.Permit me 2 tell it as a story:2 jambites got admissN in2 d University,1 2 read medicine,d oda 2 read pharmacy in 2005.D pharmacist's pathway went thus(under ideal conditions & no strikes)5 yrs of pharmacy & he graduates in 2010,did internship in 2011, NYSC in 2012,civil service on grade lvl 10 in 2013.After 3 yrs in civil service,he is promoted 2 grade lvl 12 in 2016.
D medical doctor's pathway went as follows(still under ideal conditions)undergraduate medicine 4 7 yrs(yes...7 yrs bt 6 sessions in most Universities). graduated as medical doctor in 2012,did housemanship in 2013,NYSC in 2014. Now take a pause! New Resident doctors are usually employed every 2 years.So d doc in d above instance, depending on his luck, can b employed in2 civil service in 2015 or 2016 on grade level 12.4rm d 2 scenarios above,u can c dat those 2 jambites(1 admitted in2 pharmacy & d oda in2 medicine)in 2005 ended up @ d same lvl in 2016!!
So Y is there any hype about medicine when ur classmate in pharmacy,optometry, etc will end up @ d same lvl as u?
D medicine jambite could av relaxed a bit, had a lower jamb score & entered in2 d oda course since he will still end up @ d same lvl with his medicine contemporaries/classmates even as a pharmacist.
Thus in our current civil service structure, there is no relativity. JOHESU tries to pull a cloak over d "eyes" of d masses by sayN dat there is relativity because a post-NYSC pharmacist starts @ lvl 10 while a post_NYSC doctor starts at level 12. What they conveniently fail 2 say is dat currently,contemporaries in both medicine & pharmacy, optometry..etc end up @ d same lvl eventually.
D problem here is, someone(d doc in dis instance)would not compare his success with his seniors bt with his contemporaries/ classmates (those dat read pharm, etc).So if readN medicine did not give him an edge over his classmates dat read pharmacy, then there is no reason 2 give an arm & a leg 2 read medicine when he could have spent less time,effort,money..etc. 2 read pharmacy.
D above is the real issue with relativity.

Now who is pullN wool over whose eyes? U think u can just come here & bluster ur way through with half-truths dat sound convincN enough 2 fool anybody who is ignorant of d norms in d health education sector right? U want 2 sell it 2 nairalanders that doctors of optometry & pharmacy were 2nd class performers in jamb & that medicine was their 1st choice right? Who are u 2 insinuate such trash? Are u an admissNs officer in any university? Do u have d data 2 substantiate ur claims or are u just going by popular beleif? I'll like 2 assume dat u're educated well enough 2 know d place assumptNs have in statistics which is no place whatsoever & that refutes ur argument that due to better academic performance & requirements of would b doctors as compared 2 would b pharmacists & optometrists, they should b given preferential treatment over d latter because beleive it or not, majority of us set out 2 read pharmacy & optometry so who are u 2 say a gen practicioner should av more value than us?

& ur coy allusion 2 7yrs but 6 sessions 4 medicine but 5 4 pharmacy & ?? 4 optometry is just plain laughable,bt b4 i continue, i'll like 2 ask, which school did u go 2? Also, kindly enumerate d schools where those assertions of urs hold 2ru because i will simply say, in my school, medicine, pharmacy & optometry are all 6 session courses & how long those 6 sessions spread excluding strikes are solely in d domain of d respective faculties/departments & d individual students of course. So medicine being a 7year course? Pls, go tell that fib 2 someone else.

Also, u tryN 2 paint medicine as d pinnacle 4 all health service providers is both 2ru & un2ru, 2ru in d Nigerian scenario because of our archaic mindset of attaching undeserved(no apologies) importance 2 d title doctor even among those educated well enough 2 know better bt un2ru in developed countries where being a doctor only makes u part albeit an important part of an interdependent network of healthcare services providers.
So your claim of givN an arm & a leg 2 graduate 4rm medicine is ur own personal story, some of us gave up our whole selves & more 2 graduate 4rm pharmacy & optometry & as a matter of fact, graduatN 4rm pharmacy & optometry is often times more difficult than graduatN 4rm medicine in my school(Uniben) because d higher u go, d more stringent d conditNs of makN d next level are so of course, i really like 2 know what school u graduated 4rm whether d scenario u painted may probably b unique 2 ur school.

If i were u,i would worry more about d archaic syllabus used in colleges of medicine i Nigerian universities that u passed 2ru that makes u unable 2 match ur peers internationally in academics,research & current best practices & not ur imaginary pissing contest with JOHESU.
Need i even talk about relativity when u can deduce d implicatNs yurself? D injustic

1 Like

Re: JOHESU Issues Fifteen Days Ultimatum by sogodihno: 10:54pm On Oct 01, 2014
thegeneral84:
Let me break down this issue of relativity for you. Permit me to tell it as a story:
Two jambites got admission into the University, one to read medicine, the other to read pharmacy in 2005. The pharmacist's pathway went thus (under ideal conditions and no strikes) 5 yrs of pharmacy and he graduates in 2010, did internship in 2011, NYSC in 2012, civil service on grade level 10 in 2013. After 3 yrs in civil service, he is promoted to grade level 12 in 2016.

The medical doctor's pathway went as follows (still under ideal conditions) undergraduate medicine for 7 years (yes... 7 years but 6 sessions in most Universities). graduated as medical doctor in 2012, did housemanship in 2013, NYSC in 2014. Now take a pause! New Resident doctors are usually employed every 2 years. So the doc in the above instance, depending on his luck, can be employed into civil service in 2015 or 2016 on grade level 12.

From the 2 scenarios above, u can see that those 2 jambites (one admitted into pharmacy and the other into medicine) in 2005 ended up at the same level in 2016 !!
So why is there any hype about medicine when your classmate in pharmacy, optometry, etc will end up at the same level as you?
The medicine jambite could have relaxed a bit, had a lower jamb score and entered into d other course since he will still end up at the same level with his medicine contemporaries/classmates even as a pharmacist.
Thus in our current civil service structure, there is no relativity. JOHESU tries to pull a cloak over the "eyes" of the masses by saying that there is relativity because a post-NYSC pharmacist starts at level 10 while a post_NYSC doctor starts at level 12. What they conveniently fail to say is that currently, contemporaries in both medicine and pharmacy, optometry..etc end up at the same level eventually.
The problem here is, someone (the doc in this instance) would not compare his success with his seniors but with his contemporaries/ classmates (those that read pharm, etc). So if reading medicine did not give him an edge over his classmates that read pharmacy, then there is no reason to give an arm and a leg to read medicine when he could have spent less time, effort, money..etc. To read pharmacy.

The above is the real issue with relativity.

I can agree with u on spending more time in sch than others but definitely not on money and effort.
Medical students dt all dey do most time is just to sit down with anatomy and and cram diagram, do u know how many hrs pratical i do av everyday? and i still av to write report for each lab and submit the other day; I stay in faculty 8am -6pm everyday while my medical student's friend, would av bn at home since 2pm, dt's if he even go to class. so,dt much effort than pharmacy students, is wat i dont understand.
And concerning money u urself know dt u are wrong, u dont spend more than pharmacy students

1 Like

Re: JOHESU Issues Fifteen Days Ultimatum by elobyobi: 7:14am On Oct 03, 2014
Last to comment

LTC grin

Page 4....hmmm. I guess the Shekau video is more important than JOHESU's "allowance" memo
Re: JOHESU Issues Fifteen Days Ultimatum by elobyobi: 7:14am On Oct 03, 2014
Last to comment

LTC

Page 4....hmmm. I guess the Shekau video is more important than JOHESU's "allowance" memo
Re: JOHESU Issues Fifteen Days Ultimatum by adeoladrg(m): 3:38pm On Oct 04, 2014
bushdoc9919:

Well, I daresay the idea behind nurse-consultants is to possibly improve training for nurses too....so that they become more than techies.

Pharmacists are very important in patient treatment....and yes, we doctors do rely on them for advice.(I am grateful to a hospital pharmacist who pointed out an error in one of my prescriptions once)

Well, some of them do undergo training too...serious training(After all, you do need a lot of knowledge of basic medical science to run a lab!And some lab techies are university graduates....the guy who headed the hospital lab where I did my housejob was a graduate.)

See my previous comment.....and they do help us docs prescribe right too(The good ones at least).

Now that's not true...I have friends who are pharmacist....including one who recently got a PhD in the subject...and she never wanted to be a doctor...na pharmacist from day one.(And I too wanted to be a pharmacist....but thanks to advice from a medical doc friend of my parents...).

In America, hospitals are not run by medical doctors....they are run by hospital administrators...and hospital admin is a course on its own (Chris Ngige , the politician, is a trained medical doctor with a diploma in hospital administration). As a doc, I don't mind a nurse running a hospital...so long as s/he does not interfere with my clinical decisions(Plus, any good administrator would give leeway to his or her expert employees).

Still, the issue really is funding....and the fact that in this country we have a funny idea about titles and salaries. Both need revamping.

(I am a medical doctor....and a NMA member).

God bless you sir..
Re: JOHESU Issues Fifteen Days Ultimatum by Nobody: 2:00am On Jun 02, 2019
Look! In the sky. It's a bird, it's a plane. Or is it a helicopter? No actually I think it is a bird. Or maybe I'm just seeing things. Who knows... After 10 shots of Whiskey things start to get a bit strange. tongue

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

5 Неаlth Міstаkеs Тhаt Моst Реорlе Маkе / Jigawa Begins Sample Collection For The Almajiri Returnees / 7 Possible Reasons Why Your Gum Bleeds

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.