Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,740 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:45 PM

Any Toyota Parts Dealer In The House? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Any Toyota Parts Dealer In The House? (1063 Views)

Any Toyota Sequoia Owners In The House? / Recommend Your Mechanic, Auto Parts Dealer Etc / Know A Ford Mechanic And Genuine Parts Dealer In Lagos? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Any Toyota Parts Dealer In The House? by DECOtech(m): 1:00am On Sep 30, 2014
Any genuine Toyota and Honda parts dealer in the house? Please let's talk business as soon as possible. God bless.
Re: Any Toyota Parts Dealer In The House? by Nobody: 6:59am On Sep 30, 2014
Deco, I supply genuine Toyota parts. Feel free to shoot me a PM, or add me on BBM.
Re: Any Toyota Parts Dealer In The House? by DECOtech(m): 8:14am On Sep 30, 2014
Siena: Deco, I supply genuine Toyota parts. Feel free to shoot me a PM, or add me on BBM.
I have you on bbm. Ok, I'll chat you up.
Re: Any Toyota Parts Dealer In The House? by DECOtech(m): 8:18am On Sep 30, 2014
Siena: Deco, I supply genuine Toyota parts. Feel free to shoot me a PM, or add me on BBM.
I have you On bbm. Ok, I'll chat you up.
Re: Any Toyota Parts Dealer In The House? by mbizzy(f): 8:28am On Sep 30, 2014
Hello
Re: Any Toyota Parts Dealer In The House? by kablooee: 8:41am On Sep 30, 2014
Re: Any Toyota Parts Dealer In The House? by ephi123(f): 3:30pm On Sep 30, 2014
Hi Siena,
Not sure if this is the right thread to ask this, but I would please like to get your thoughts on the following:
- Mileage: I'm about getting a car and lots of people have advised going for a low mileage car, but at the same time I'm aware sometimes people can tweak this. So is it really a big criteria, or are other factors like the Full service history, single owner more important?
- Do you have any thoughts on the Peugeot 308 (2008 or 2009 model)
- Is it true that Diesel cars are more efficient than Petrol?
- Lastly I plan to go for an Automatic, but someone told me they tend to have more problems than Manual. Is this true? Majority of the cars I've seen on Autotrader are manual but I would rather an Automatic.

Thank you.
Re: Any Toyota Parts Dealer In The House? by jayuuk: 8:33pm On Sep 30, 2014
Good day,siena please can you assist me get 2001 toyota camry 4 cylinder engine ignition plug wires,mine has been leaking and its affecting the engine performance.
Re: Any Toyota Parts Dealer In The House? by Emekayoung(m): 9:57pm On Oct 02, 2014
Pls my clutch doesnt return anytime i depress the pedal,and i hav given it to about 4 mechanics but still not ok,it suffers me especially in traffic.. I use a camry 1999..
Re: Any Toyota Parts Dealer In The House? by Nobody: 1:02am On Oct 03, 2014
ephi123: Hi Siena,
Not sure if this is the right thread to ask this, but I would please like to get your thoughts on the following:
- Mileage: I'm about getting a car and lots of people have advised going for a low mileage car, but at the same time I'm aware sometimes people can tweak this. So is it really a big criteria, or are other factors like the Full service history, single owner more important?
- Do you have any thoughts on the Peugeot 308 (2008 or 2009 model)
- Is it true that Diesel cars are more efficient than Petrol?
- Lastly I plan to go for an Automatic, but someone told me they tend to have more problems than Manual. Is this true? Majority of the cars I've seen on Autotrader are manual but I would rather an Automatic.

Thank you.

I personally never buy any vehicle based upon displayed mileage. Service history, and the feel I get during an extensive test drive are more important.

The Peugeot 308 are quite popular here, more so in diesel guise. And again, you're correct - diesel engines are more efficient than the equivalent gasoline one. They produce tremendous torque very low down in the rev range, are extremely high-geared, making them ideal highway cruisers.

A manual gearbox is more reliable than an automatic transmission, they are virtually maintenance free, though automatics are becoming more widely used. Oddly enough, a diesel engine mated to an automatic transmission is an excellent combination, though service history, especially transmission service proof is a MUST.

Where abouts are you based?
Re: Any Toyota Parts Dealer In The House? by Nobody: 1:08am On Oct 03, 2014
Emekayoung: Pls my clutch doesnt return anytime i depress the pedal,and i hav given it to about 4 mechanics but still not ok,it suffers me especially in traffic.. I use a camry 1999..

Causes can be due to any of the following:

Leaking / worn clutch slave cylinder.
Leaking / worn clutch master cylinder.
Dry / seized clutch pedal pivot.
Air in the hydraulic circuit.
Contaminated hydraulic fluid.
Sticking clutch throw-out bearing.
Bent clutch release lever.

What exactly have your mechanics done so far, with regards to diagnosing the fault?
Re: Any Toyota Parts Dealer In The House? by Nobody: 1:10am On Oct 03, 2014
mbizzy: Hello Siena,

Please help I need a replacement for my ECU toyota corolla Vin 2T1BR32EX4C827606. Please help with right part no mine was stolen

No worries. Please send me a PM, or message via SMS / BBM (details in my signature).
Re: Any Toyota Parts Dealer In The House? by Nobody: 1:14am On Oct 03, 2014
jayuuk: Good day,siena please can you assist me get 2001 toyota camry 4 cylinder engine ignition plug wires,mine has been leaking and its affecting the engine performance.

I can certainly assist you with a set of HT leads. But I would advice you to try sourcing these locally, they are a very common part. If all fails, I will be able to help.

1 Like

Re: Any Toyota Parts Dealer In The House? by Emekayoung(m): 6:50am On Oct 03, 2014
Siena:

Causes can be due to any of the following:

Leaking / worn clutch slave cylinder.
Leaking / worn clutch master cylinder.
Dry / seized clutch pedal pivot.
Air in the hydraulic circuit.
Contaminated hydraulic fluid.
Sticking clutch throw-out bearing.
Bent clutch release lever.

What exactly have your mechanics done so far, with regards to diagnosing the fault?
Some said its due to weak clutch cable,while some said its clutch disc and plate,pls wat do i do,i hav been spending so much on dis car lately,pls help a brother.
Re: Any Toyota Parts Dealer In The House? by Nobody: 7:11am On Oct 03, 2014
Emekayoung:
Some said its due to weak clutch cable,while some said its clutch disc and plate,pls wat do i do,i hav been spending so much on dis car lately,pls help a brother.

I could have sworn a '99 Camry had a hydraulically-operated clutch. I may be wrong though.
Re: Any Toyota Parts Dealer In The House? by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:13am On Oct 03, 2014
Siena:

I could have sworn a '99 Camry had a hydraulically-operated clutch. I may be wrong though.

You are very right.
Re: Any Toyota Parts Dealer In The House? by Emekayoung(m): 7:48am On Oct 03, 2014
Thank u sirs,so i now knw my standing point,will consult a mechanic dis morning. Tnk u once again..
Re: Any Toyota Parts Dealer In The House? by ephi123(f): 11:38am On Oct 03, 2014
Siena:

I personally never buy any vehicle based upon displayed mileage. Service history, and the feel I get during an extensive test drive are more important.

The Peugeot 308 are quite popular here, more so in diesel guise. And again, you're correct - diesel engines are more efficient than the equivalent gasoline one. They produce tremendous torque very low down in the rev range, are extremely high-geared, making them ideal highway cruisers.

A manual gearbox is more reliable than an automatic transmission, they are virtually maintenance free, though automatics are becoming more widely used. Oddly enough, a diesel engine mated to an automatic transmission is an excellent combination, though service history, especially transmission service proof is a MUST.

Where abouts are you based?

Thanks a lot for the response.
I'm based in NL for the moment. It's my first car, and I do not have a big budget - so looking at cars in the low insurance band with small engines 1.4, 1.6. I noticed though that most of these small engine cars are petrol, sadly. In addition to the Peugeot 308, I'm also considering Toyota Yaris (2007) and Citroen C4. Been looking for some time now, but the really nice cars with reasonable prices are outside London / Midlands which is too much travel to go and view.
I have also been reading reviews on Autotrader and avoiding cars with lots of comments on poor reliability. I will be driving to S about 3 days a week so want a reliable car with a high MPG.

Regarding the mileage, since it's not a guarantee that it's genuine, what "advertised" mileage range do you consider acceptable, 40k + ?
Thanks again.

(1) (Reply)

Ever Made A Claim With Leadway Assurance? / Please Can I Upgrade My Bumper To Sport Edition Witout Buying A Complete Bumper? / In Need Of A Good Toyota Mechanic Around Surulere

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.