Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,010 members, 7,817,977 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:16 AM

House Of Rep Suspends #4000 Call Up Letter Fee - NYSC (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / House Of Rep Suspends #4000 Call Up Letter Fee (18393 Views)

Bill Seeking Increment In Corpers Allowance Passed By House Of Reps / NYSC Speaks On #4000 Fee For Printing Call-up Letters. / Ebola: NYSC Suspends Orientation In Six States (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: House Of Rep Suspends #4000 Call Up Letter Fee by makzeze: 8:54am On Oct 01, 2014
Hurray!!!!!!!
I can now chop Suya for 10 days with the 4k i saved for the call up letter.
Re: House Of Rep Suspends #4000 Call Up Letter Fee by IYANGBALI: 9:01am On Oct 01, 2014
DamiEsan: source?
maggi
Re: House Of Rep Suspends #4000 Call Up Letter Fee by Nobody: 9:03am On Oct 01, 2014
Sincere9gerian: Nigerians and their penny wise, pounds foolish mentality. I guess it is easier to travel to ones school to collect call up letter than to pay N4,000 online from the comfort of ones home? I thought people should have pushed for reduction in the fee rather than outright suspension or cancellation.
chairman nigeria called us for service, we are serving our fatherland, we are not seeking for employment. See things from our angle.

3 Likes

Re: House Of Rep Suspends #4000 Call Up Letter Fee by seyirock(m): 9:06am On Oct 01, 2014
suyamasta: haaaaaaaaaa Thank God i didnt pay!
even if u did not pay ur younger ones or children will definately pay if d policy stand..let come together to make our country a better place for d sake of our children.

1 Like

Re: House Of Rep Suspends #4000 Call Up Letter Fee by Afolabi78: 9:06am On Oct 01, 2014
What is happening in this country? somebody that want to serve his father land should come pay .#4000 to serve . it a pity this set up of people didn't pay any tin during there own time that wickedness

1 Like

Re: House Of Rep Suspends #4000 Call Up Letter Fee by Tnot(m): 9:11am On Oct 01, 2014
One word for those that have already paid smiley

Re: House Of Rep Suspends #4000 Call Up Letter Fee by OwerriChairman(f): 9:11am On Oct 01, 2014
Why are some people asking if people that have paid would be refunded. The post said that the #4000 fee would take effect from 2015. And we re in 2014 Da.amnitt,,,, So, if your child collected money from you to pay for call-up, Ask him now which girl him fuc.k with d money.
Re: House Of Rep Suspends #4000 Call Up Letter Fee by DerMeister: 9:23am On Oct 01, 2014
Sincere9gerian: Nigerians and their penny wise, pounds foolish mentality. I guess it is easier to travel to ones school to collect call up letter than to pay N4,000 online from the comfort of ones home? I thought people should have pushed for reduction in the fee rather than outright suspension or cancellation.

Best comment so far!
Re: House Of Rep Suspends #4000 Call Up Letter Fee by bacco2000(m): 9:32am On Oct 01, 2014
Chai and I just paid this money yesterday O°˚˚˚ its even #4060 and not 4000 alone. I couldn't even withdraw the remaining 1k in my account cos the #60 don spoil show
Re: House Of Rep Suspends #4000 Call Up Letter Fee by focus7: 9:34am On Oct 01, 2014
The house of reps has always proven to be more sensitive and responsible than thr senate. A good one from them.
Re: House Of Rep Suspends #4000 Call Up Letter Fee by DSL: 9:35am On Oct 01, 2014
OwerriChairman: Why are some people asking if people that have paid would be refunded. The post said that the #4000 fee would take effect from 2015. And we re in 2014 Da.amnitt,,,, So, if your child collected money from you to pay for call-up, Ask him now which girl him fuc.k with d money.

Google, newspapers, nysc.gov.ng. These are your friends.

Keeping quiet or asking questions would go a long way in concealing your ignorance.

Good to know the money-collecting tactics you use on your parents!
Re: House Of Rep Suspends #4000 Call Up Letter Fee by rezzy: 9:53am On Oct 01, 2014
tchigofigo:
so hw do they get into camp?.,cos SOR is 1 of d rquirements that must be presented b4 entrance into camp

They are very slow so they give SOR when you are about going for NYSC. Like my sister collected hers July ending. I collected mine 3 days before camp opened.

Its just few people that had extension that collect theirs months before going for service.
Re: House Of Rep Suspends #4000 Call Up Letter Fee by Sammyblaq(m): 10:30am On Oct 01, 2014
with dat 4k...
+ i go pay my tithe,
+ i go subscribe ma phone
+ travel to/fro to school for call-up from my interior village
+ drink beer
+ still get change....
Re: House Of Rep Suspends #4000 Call Up Letter Fee by suyamasta(m): 11:11am On Oct 01, 2014
seyirock:
even if u did not pay ur younger ones or children will definately pay if d policy stand..let come together to make our country a better place for d sake of our children.

naaaaa they cant force it like that, we no go keep quiet sha
Re: House Of Rep Suspends #4000 Call Up Letter Fee by suyamasta(m): 11:13am On Oct 01, 2014
omenka: They already collected some people's money?? shockedshocked

it was optional with some added advantages but d money too much!
Re: House Of Rep Suspends #4000 Call Up Letter Fee by butanep(m): 11:15am On Oct 01, 2014
Good development from the house. I just pray is not one of those their scam they normally play... If they will be serious about it, it will be a plus to the house...
Come to think of it, how will NYSC charge #4000 to just send call up letter to somebody... I don't know NYSC to be a money making government parastatal... but with this new charges from them, I think the recent boss have some skeleton in his cupboard...
So what about those that have paid the money, something should also be done on how to refund their money back to them...
Aluta continua...
Re: House Of Rep Suspends #4000 Call Up Letter Fee by macherie1: 11:20am On Oct 01, 2014
Was there no initial cost of printing the letter and sending it to the school without recourse to the prospective corp member? why cant NYSC divert such cost to the new online mode? and it is absolutely ridiculous to pay your country for rendering a compulsory service.

2 Likes

Re: House Of Rep Suspends #4000 Call Up Letter Fee by butanep(m): 11:21am On Oct 01, 2014
OwerriChairman: Why are some people asking if people that have paid would be refunded. The post said that the #4000 fee would take effect from 2015. And we re in 2014 Da.amnitt,,,, So, if your child collected money from you to pay for call-up, Ask him now which girl him fuc.k with d money.
you are so myopic. You talk like someone that is immature. Ignorant is your problem I guess... NYSC have already started collecting the #4000 they levied on call up letters... some batch C prospective corp members have already paid the said amount... that is why others are asking if the money would be refunded.
Don't say what you don't know about... Nairaland is not facebook where you say nonsense.... people here are educated...

1 Like

Re: House Of Rep Suspends #4000 Call Up Letter Fee by DorisK(f): 11:51am On Oct 01, 2014
I almost paid dat shit!
Re: House Of Rep Suspends #4000 Call Up Letter Fee by damilola231(f): 12:09pm On Oct 01, 2014
rezzy:

Some schools like Delsu do not give result(statement) until close to the period of NYSC stuff. So in this case, you will still need to ttravel down to the school. People who attend this school will never ask for reduction
Same with my sch also, one would still have to go to sch for the statement of result close to the period of NYSC, so it's wasting of money for us. Never thought of paying anyway

2 Likes

Re: House Of Rep Suspends #4000 Call Up Letter Fee by ALAYORMII: 12:37pm On Oct 01, 2014
yokiti: They want to collect their own share of it and nothing more. When the NYSC officials settle them, you will begin to hear another story from our dishonourable legislooters.

Someone copied my post and reposted it as his and you put him on front page and closed my own thread.

Weldone

1 Like

Re: House Of Rep Suspends #4000 Call Up Letter Fee by yokiti: 12:53pm On Oct 01, 2014
ALAYORMII:

Someone copied my post and reposted it as his and you put him on front page and closed my own thread.

Weldone
Not that bro, its just that the thread was created before yours.
Re: House Of Rep Suspends #4000 Call Up Letter Fee by ALAYORMII: 1:13pm On Oct 01, 2014
yokiti:
Not that bro, its just that the thread was created before yours.

Check the time again

Anyways its all good
Re: House Of Rep Suspends #4000 Call Up Letter Fee by suyamasta(m): 1:20pm On Oct 01, 2014
ALAYORMII:

Check the time again

Anyways its all good

u noba sabi interprete clock?

HisMajesty1 ( m ): 4:58pm On Sep 30
ALAYORMII : 10:27pm On Sep 30
Re: House Of Rep Suspends #4000 Call Up Letter Fee by dammyllare(m): 1:24pm On Oct 01, 2014
ABUJA—THE House of Representatives, yesterday, began a probe into the alleged N4,000 to be collected by the management of the National Youth Service Corps, NYSC, as registration fee from corps members.
Also, the Nigeria Financial Intelligence Centre, NFIC, Bill scaled through third reading in the House.
The House, based on the allegation, urged NYSC to suspend forthwith the policy requiring prospective NYSC members to pay the amount with effect from 2015 before accessing their call-up letters.
Hassan Saleh (PDP, Benue), who sponsored the motion, expressed concern over “recent advertorials in some national newspapers that with effect from 2015, corps members will be required to register online with a fee of N4,000 to be able to access their call-up letters as an alternative to going to their various schools to collect the letters.”
He said: “As laudable as the idea of sending call-up letters through the internet may be, the decision requiring fresh graduates to cough out N4,000 to access letters appears insensitive and exploitative.”
However, just as the presiding officer, Emeka Ihedioha was about calling for voice vote on the matter, Uzo Azubuike (PDP, Abia), came up with a Point of Order, saying the Public Petitions Committee, which he chairs, was already on the matter.
After this observation, Ihedioha called on the Chairman, Rules and Business Committee, Albert Sam-Tsokwa (PDP, Taraba) to guide the House.
Sam-Tsokwa explained that since the public petitions committee had began investigating the matter, the honourable thing to do was for the motion to be withdrawn.
Ihedioha ruled that Commi-ttee on Youth Development and the sponsor of the motion be invited to be part of the panel that will conduct a session on the matter.
NFIC Bill
Also, a bill that seeks to establish NFIC, yesterday, passed third reading at the House of Representatives.
Moving a motion for its third reading, House Leader, Mulikat Akande-Adeola, said when established, NFIC would be responsible for receiving, requesting, analysing and disseminating financial intelligence reports and other information to law enforcement, security, intelligence agencies and other relevant authorities.
Majority of the lawmakers voted in favour of passing the bill for third reading.
The House had last Wednesday adopted a report of the Committee on Drugs, Narcotics and Financial Crimes, which recommended establishment of the centre.
Subsequently, the House had on Thursday raised a six-man committee to meet with the Senate with a view to harmonising the positions of the two chambers on the adopted report.
The harmonisation committee would be led by Sam-Tsokwa, while members of the committee included Jagaba Adams Jagaba, Emmanuel Udende, Nnenna Elendu-Ukeju with two other lawmakers.
The committee was given two weeks within which it should meet with the Senate and get back to the House
Re: House Of Rep Suspends #4000 Call Up Letter Fee by dammyllare(m): 1:28pm On Oct 01, 2014
U guys should stop spreading rumour n misleading people,it has not been suspended base on dis report from vanguard....a committee has bin set up 2 look into it n report bak 2 d house

1 Like

Re: House Of Rep Suspends #4000 Call Up Letter Fee by Johncuppa(m): 1:38pm On Oct 01, 2014
tanx and God bless
Re: House Of Rep Suspends #4000 Call Up Letter Fee by enihouse(f): 1:40pm On Oct 01, 2014
Thank God i didnt pay the 4000 ooo
Re: House Of Rep Suspends #4000 Call Up Letter Fee by abnot: 2:27pm On Oct 01, 2014
Surprising how Nigerians reject positive change. The world is going digital and NYSC decided to go into a public-private partnership since they were not able to win more budgetary allocation to implement the Online system. I was able to sit down in my apartment in London and complete the registration process online within 10 minutes as opposed to travelling to Abuja and moving from one NYSC office in Abuja to another. Moreover, the 4000 Naira in question is optional. I wonder why we are crying foul. Our protest should have been directed to the federal government for failing to acknowledge the importance of IT in organisations by voting sufficient budgetary allocations to it's parastatals to improve efficiency in governance. But on the contrary we have youths (leaders of tomorrow) yelling in an effort to maintain the status quo thus hindering a positive development. I am beginning to get more convinced that progress in Nigeria has been to some extent hindered by the Nigerian people and not our leaders as we've been made to believe.

2 Likes

Re: House Of Rep Suspends #4000 Call Up Letter Fee by Atigba: 4:07pm On Oct 01, 2014
Good

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

MURIC To NYSC: Review Camp Training Now / NYSC Presents N26.7m To Families Of Dead Corpers / Nigerians React To Igwetu Linda Nkechi Shot Dead By Police: 'Scrap NYSC Now'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.