Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,171 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:25 AM

Octacore : Full Hd : 4k Res : Prime Gpu Etc Are They Really Necessary? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Octacore : Full Hd : 4k Res : Prime Gpu Etc Are They Really Necessary? (848 Views)

Bryte One Octacore / Quadcore Snapdragon 801 Vs Octacore Snapdragon 615 / D New Amazing Itel Inote Prime Tablet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Octacore : Full Hd : 4k Res : Prime Gpu Etc Are They Really Necessary? by DNDROID(m): 5:58pm On Sep 30, 2014
all these MIGHTY specs that we are chasing...are they really necessary on a hand held mobile device?

A hand held device is supposed to assist you ON-THE-GO
NOT replace full computers...

Do you know that computers with the same specs in some phones like the INNJOO i2
are sold for not less than 210k

yet some people say "why dies the battery not last a whole day...?"

the battery on my 15inch laptop is 4000mAh..
yet it lasts for only 2hrs plus highest 3hrs....
the laptop is dual core

the octacore in phones are actually considered very efficient as they can manage 1900mAh for as much as 5hrs...

mini laptops of 10-11inches last longer because of two things; processor and screen resolution and brightness....

the resolution is usually like three quarter HD..
while the processors use less than half of the power consumed by that on these our octacore full HD phones...

now you can Begin to understand why the iPhone still uses a simple dual core processor..

if phones are to replace personal computers, then we should prepare for more weight because more battery must be added ...

example, an octacore phone would require like 10,000 mAh to last up to 24hrs...
do you know how long you will have to wait for it to be fully charged?
not less than 15hrs...

now tell me can you wait that long just to get a full days charge? when your fingers are twitching to press your phone...cheesy

in the end, all "smart phone" users must remain "wall hoggers" for the foreseeable future...

so just pick smart phone you like and get two power banks... and will you emptying one bank you are charging the other... or charge both at night and you are absolutely good for the day or two depending on the bank sizes...

enjoy your smart phone people..
technology will bring a break through on the power issue soon enough...
Re: Octacore : Full Hd : 4k Res : Prime Gpu Etc Are They Really Necessary? by FKO1(m): 7:54am On Oct 02, 2014
all I need is a phone with note 4 specs. ..HTC one m8 body ...gionee m2 battery

2 Likes

Re: Octacore : Full Hd : 4k Res : Prime Gpu Etc Are They Really Necessary? by Collinz2(m): 8:52am On Oct 02, 2014
FKO1: all I need is a phone with note 4 specs. ..HTC one m8 body ...gionee m2 battery
i iove ur idea

(1) (Reply)

Hot Clean Ipad 2 ...64gb Inbuilt Memory. 28k / Which Cheapest Iphone Unlock Service Do You Use? / [tutorial] How To Root All Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Series

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.