Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,204 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:04 AM

Independence Day Quotes - Events (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Independence Day Quotes (14157 Views)

Nigeria's 55th Independence Day Game / Independence Day Speech In Kannada Language 2015 | 15 August Speech In Kannada / Independence Day Celebration Pictures From Eagles Square (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Independence Day Quotes by yousee(m): 12:39pm On Oct 01, 2014
Roland17:
[/b]
I am more patriotic than the average nigerian citizen ( that includes ur humble self), it's politicians, it's epileptic leaders, I don't necessarily have to list the sacrifices I have made for being a Nigerian, worse off being a Nigerian living in Diaspora, so don't give me that silly crap about patriotism on the peripheral level, a stupid term used by our corrupt politicians to perpetuate poverty because the average Nigerian at best is oblivious of his rights..

The bolded comment just made my heart cringe in anger, despair and disappointment especially if you are still considered a youth, if at 54 and the numerous resources available at our disposal, we have only succeeded in eating the crumbs from the table of the few affluent and the gulf between the rich and the poor has continously increased then we are a cursed nation..

Stop limiting yourself, Nigerians deserve better..way better..

I am sorry if I came out too strong in my reply.
My anger with the "we deserve better" phrase stems from the fact that simple shows of patriotism we had in the early 80's are no more. I feel saddened too at the way things are going in the country, but unlike most people, I won't lay the blame on our politicians alone.
Nigerians care less about Nigeria. Take a close look today, how many will fly the green-white-green? Can you compare that with the march past we had in the 80's? How every pupil practically dreamed of October 1st?
Re: Independence Day Quotes by soloxxng: 1:27pm On Oct 01, 2014
Be mindful of what u believe

Re: Independence Day Quotes by PapaNnamdi: 2:38pm On Oct 01, 2014
nnamdizen: Daddy pls dont finish the food o, am hungry grin

how many of una dey NL
Re: Independence Day Quotes by nnamdizen(m): 3:00pm On Oct 01, 2014
PapaNnamdi:

how many of una dey NL
a thousand, i think undecided
Re: Independence Day Quotes by PapaNnamdi: 3:04pm On Oct 01, 2014
nnamdizen: Daddy pls dont finish the food o, am hungry grin

how many of una dey NL
Re: Independence Day Quotes by topas100(m): 3:14pm On Oct 01, 2014
God bless Nigeria!
Re: Independence Day Quotes by Nobody: 3:32pm On Oct 01, 2014
despite all the bad
news,Ebola, Boko Haram,Nepa
Issue & other Government wahala.It's my pleasure 2
inform u dat ORANGE is out
Re: Independence Day Quotes by ExpressBooking(m): 4:43pm On Oct 01, 2014
A fool at 54 is a grand fool with a 14 years foolish son,since a fool at 40 is a fool forever
Re: Independence Day Quotes by ojeota(f): 8:20pm On Oct 01, 2014
Nigeria, we hail thee,
Our own dear native land,
Though tribe and tongue may differ,
In brotherhood we stand,
Nigerians all are proud to serve
Our sovereign Motherland.
Our flag shall be a symbol
That truth and justice reign,
In peace or battle honour'd,
And this we count as gain,
To hand on to our children
A banner without stain.
O God of all creation,
Grant this our one request,
Help us to build a nation
Where no man is oppressed,
And so with peace and plenty
Nigeria may be blessed.

#God bless NIGERIA
Re: Independence Day Quotes by Dozydee: 9:01pm On Oct 01, 2014
... gathering ample strength to mk a comment and only God knows wen
Re: Independence Day Quotes by kenex4ever(m): 10:56pm On Oct 02, 2014
Bennyberry:
only a fool refuse to tak reverence of oda nations,no wonder u continue to be demoralized.#ODE
No vex, but I no b ODE=ordinary differential equation
Re: Independence Day Quotes by SenatorJames(m): 1:28pm On Oct 05, 2014
Since I knew quotes cannot change this country more than prayer, i choose to pray than quote:

God bless Nigeria.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Christmas: Share Your December Experience / Grow Your Instagram Account / Buy Cheap Niched Instagram Accounts [NG] / Nigeria @ 59: How Would You Celebrate Our Beautiful Country?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.