Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,762 members, 7,824,186 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:30 AM

Independence Day Quotes - Events (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Independence Day Quotes (14173 Views)

Nigeria's 55th Independence Day Game / Independence Day Speech In Kannada Language 2015 | 15 August Speech In Kannada / Independence Day Celebration Pictures From Eagles Square (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Independence Day Quotes by Bennyberry(m): 4:33am On Oct 01, 2014
I weep for the liberty of my country when I see at this early day of its successful experiment that corruption has been imputed to many members of the House of Representatives and of senate, and the rights of the people have been bartered for promises of office.
Re: Independence Day Quotes by OLAplusONE(m): 4:34am On Oct 01, 2014
One of those starting statements on ds independence day speech back in the days was" Fellow Nigerians" I detest dt word like smth else esp during Abacha's era.
Re: Independence Day Quotes by Bennyberry(m): 4:35am On Oct 01, 2014
Leadership to me means duty, honor, country. It means character, and it means listening from time to time.
GOD BLESS NIGERIA
Re: Independence Day Quotes by Roland17(m): 4:57am On Oct 01, 2014
yousee:

How patriotic are you?
When was the last time you felt nostalgia when the National anthem played, or felt really angry when you see tattered flags everywhere in the Nation?

Stop this "We deserve better" thing. We deserve even less, because we care less

I am more patriotic than the average nigerian citizen ( that includes ur humble self), it's politicians, it's epileptic leaders, I don't necessarily have to list the sacrifices I have made for being a Nigerian, worse off being a Nigerian living in Diaspora, so don't give me that silly crap about patriotism on the peripheral level, a stupid term used by our corrupt politicians to perpetuate poverty because the average Nigerian at best is oblivious of his rights..

The bolded comment just made my heart cringe in anger, despair and disappointment especially if you are still considered a youth, if at 54 and the numerous resources available at our disposal, we have only succeeded in eating the crumbs from the table of the few affluent and the gulf between the rich and the poor has continously increased then we are a cursed nation..

Stop limiting yourself, Nigerians deserve better..way better..

1 Like

Re: Independence Day Quotes by outstandingsyll(f): 5:26am On Oct 01, 2014
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME cheesy cool ..........and Nigeria. Please follow me on instagram to celebrate with me, promise to follow back. @hanks kiss

3 Likes

Re: Independence Day Quotes by phranco(m): 5:46am On Oct 01, 2014
Hurray!!! Happy Independence Day,celebrate with Nigeria as She marks her 54th birthday today. God bless Nigeria. GOOD PEOPLE, GREAT NATION.
Re: Independence Day Quotes by pat077: 5:51am On Oct 01, 2014
is Nigeria truly independent?
Re: Independence Day Quotes by valuedammy(m): 5:52am On Oct 01, 2014
Happy Independence Day MY COUNTRY.
Nigeria: The home of Glory, Peace, Love, Harmony, Natural/
Human Resources and Greatness.
May d unwanted happenings dat are denying d nation of her
potential greatness come to an end. Amin!
Re: Independence Day Quotes by dridowu: 5:56am On Oct 01, 2014
Brb
Re: Independence Day Quotes by Canme4u(m): 5:57am On Oct 01, 2014
Hope for the future.

I see the light shining at the end of the tunnel.

GOD BLESS NIGERIA
Re: Independence Day Quotes by chinedugreat(m): 5:58am On Oct 01, 2014
NIGERIA.no other country like u,GOOD PEOPLE GREAT NATION.
Re: Independence Day Quotes by boboLIL(m): 6:04am On Oct 01, 2014
When nigeria gets older, she wil be stronger just like a waving flag.....naija even in d valley of death....ah Rep yhu.....

1 Like

Re: Independence Day Quotes by boboLIL(m): 6:05am On Oct 01, 2014
Nigeria,,,,GooD people, great nation
Re: Independence Day Quotes by Zocken: 6:27am On Oct 01, 2014
True independence is when all citizens enjoy equal, fundamental and basic rights, devoid of oppression and domination. For what is the joy of independence when leaders rule like colonial masters, the elites dominate and mindlessly loot our common wealth and an ordinary Nigerian cannot have access to the basic necessities of live, which is food, cloth and shelter? Our independence will only be meaningful when our leaders rule with justice, equity and conscience. God bless Nigeria!
Re: Independence Day Quotes by Navyguy(m): 6:33am On Oct 01, 2014
Happy independence to my fatherland
Re: Independence Day Quotes by bemagnify: 6:35am On Oct 01, 2014
As we celebrate indepndnce 2da God shal remov d frnt teeth of our enemies so dat wen da smile we shal knw dem! HAPY INDEPENDENCEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Re: Independence Day Quotes by eduxerxes: 6:42am On Oct 01, 2014
Nigeria...
A country that is always shaking but Never shatters.

-Unknown-

2 Likes

Re: Independence Day Quotes by Elnino4ladies: 6:44am On Oct 01, 2014
Let's all unite in peace and love and make nigeria a better place~happy independence.
Re: Independence Day Quotes by Horlawoomey(m): 6:52am On Oct 01, 2014
Nigeria my country

I stand by you despite the challenges

You shall not fall as predicted by the enemies

We shall remain in unity

All tribes shall guard this entity

-horlawoomey-

I CELEBRATE NIGERIA AT 54

I AM PROUD TO BE A NIGERIAN

1 Like

Re: Independence Day Quotes by Tonylyte(m): 6:57am On Oct 01, 2014
Y'all knw my hearth is white and u should know i bleed green....I rep naija to tha bone.

1 Like

Re: Independence Day Quotes by ceboy(m): 7:20am On Oct 01, 2014
Only Nigerians can Build Nigeria
Donot loose hope on Nigeria
Our leaders come from amongst us
Nigeria can only get better
Belive and do your part by always doing the right thing at your ends.
I love Nigeria
God bless Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Independence Day Quotes by Princecalm(m): 7:27am On Oct 01, 2014
I heard you guys independence is today

1 Like

Re: Independence Day Quotes by princesssusan(f): 7:44am On Oct 01, 2014
Hail Nigeria full of blessings, the Lord is with you, blessed are you amongst nations, blessed is the fruit and the soils of your land!!!
Re: Independence Day Quotes by soloxxng: 7:45am On Oct 01, 2014
pat077: is Nigeria truly independent?
no country in a true sense is entirely independent.... naija isn't any different
Re: Independence Day Quotes by princealbashir: 7:46am On Oct 01, 2014
God bless Nigeria.
Re: Independence Day Quotes by tola9ja: 7:48am On Oct 01, 2014
A 54YEARS OLD MAN THAT CAN WALK STILL CRAWLING SINCE HIS BIRTH DOSE THAT CALL FOR CELEBRATION ?
Re: Independence Day Quotes by tola9ja: 7:49am On Oct 01, 2014
A 54YEARS OLD MAN THAT CAN WALK STILL CRAWLING SINCE HIS BIRTH DOSE THAT CALL FOR CELEBRATION ?

IF YOU ARE IN LAGOS YOU ARE ALMOST IN NIGERIA
Re: Independence Day Quotes by Vikthor(m): 7:57am On Oct 01, 2014
Today I celebrate my independence from everything that I have been dependent on... grin
...Happy independence day Nairalanders.. cool
Re: Independence Day Quotes by patrickmuf(m): 7:58am On Oct 01, 2014
Nigeria @54 is far off the expectations of our heroes past...Don't tell me it took America, UK, Germany ********years to get to where they are today cos when they started, they had no electricity, cars, automated machines and all that we have now... They have laid the ground work but the greediness and shortsightedness of the average Nigerian (Black man) is holding us back...I'll not call on God to help us cos he didn't come down for America to become great nor did he transform China from the 3rd world country it was once categorized as to the 2nd largest economy in the world, we need to reflect on where we were, where we are and where we're heading even as 2015 beacons... Nigeria is ours to plough and not to plunder... Rise above mediocrity today, Rise above Religion, Rise above ethnicity and let's move this nation forward...
If @54 my life is comparable to Nigeria of today, then...................God forbid!!!
Re: Independence Day Quotes by Vikthor(m): 8:02am On Oct 01, 2014
sammieguze: All will be well
..All is well.....
Re: Independence Day Quotes by soloxxng: 8:06am On Oct 01, 2014
#Naija go beta with our collective contributions

I rep Nig

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Christmas: Share Your December Experience / Grow Your Instagram Account / Buy Cheap Niched Instagram Accounts [NG] / Lagos Carnival Saturday May 9 2015, Road/Route Map

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.