Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,448 members, 7,954,765 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 08:46 AM

"Spellbound"-A Poem By AYODEJI O DANIEL - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / "Spellbound"-A Poem By AYODEJI O DANIEL (498 Views)

The Dining Table - A Poem By Gbanabom Hallowell / Adventures Of Ayodeji / The Reasons Why You Are Beautiful (a Poem) By Blessing Ukamaka (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

"Spellbound"-A Poem By AYODEJI O DANIEL by Deesick7(m): 11:59am On Oct 01, 2014
Dearly beloved,
Your eyes are like sparkling lucid lights of rippling blues,shone and lit by the transparent glass sun of your bright face.
Your eyes,so dark yet so brown or is it blue,it all looks same to me,either I'm lost in the colours of your sharp soggy eyes or I'm drowning in them.I cannot tell and I truly do not give a care in the world.For when I peered in the drowning crashing silent waters of your eyes inside this ocean of overwhelming beauty I drowned and still drown truly for it all feels so right.Inside this ocean of overwhelmingness which ebbs,glows,flows and glides in a rhythm so sweet,I perceive a tale of nothing n pure love.The nothing closing out the ills,noise and plagues of this world and the pure love filling and sweeping that nothing with much beauty and lustre.Covering my nothing in the colours of your love.Filling blue,yellow,pink,white and other colours I find in this water except black which seems overwhelmed by the gentle dance and straight colourful rhythm of the blue moon and yellow sun that hover over the deep waters of your rippling coloured ocean.
One peer into your eyes and world is nothing but forgotten in yesterday, while you and I glide presently and in the futuristic.Indeed, the ripples can only get bigger and bigger welling the void in my hollow soul with more longing for a drop of your ravishing love.I have dreamed of your love long a while,so tender yet so ravenous, consuming me like fire ever more each time my eyes meet yours.
I am struck again with the hammering truth that I yet do not have your love but each time I look into your eyes I cannot help but conjure this emotions or rather this emotions conjure themselves and compel me to want expression for my love for you.I have overturned mountains,and even oceans in search of a better medium but have found none.I have thought of switching languages or even speaking in tongues but still I am entrapped by the chains and shackles of words.I've discovered in my ruminations on the path of writing this profession that no language can quite truly capture how I feel about you in crystal description.
O dearly beloved, give me thy love n so shall we both dance beneath this crimson blue gray moon between the light diamond crusted waters,as the reflection of our passion glide slow and plainly over the waving translucent in the paling sweet gale of the evening sky.
-AYODEJI

(1) (Reply)

My Writing Habit / How Do You React When Your Article Made Front Page On Nairaland? / Professionally Written Short Stories For Sale To Writers, Screenwriters Etc.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.