Stats: 3,194,652 members, 7,955,364 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 12:35 AM

Teach Me Yoruba Language(come In If U Are Interested In Learning Too) - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Teach Me Yoruba Language(come In If U Are Interested In Learning Too) (22948 Views)

Yoruba Spreading In Scandinavia- Scandinavian Schools Endorse Yoruba Language / Nigeria's National Anthem In Yoruba Language / I Need Someone To Teach Me Yoruba Badly (2) (3) (4)

Re: Teach Me Yoruba Language(come In If U Are Interested In Learning Too) by benega: 4:15pm On Oct 03, 2014
AfricanApple: 1million naira
babe 4 u i'll double the fee but it will have to be private lessons @ ma place wink
Re: Teach Me Yoruba Language(come In If U Are Interested In Learning Too) by dre11(m): 4:25pm On Oct 03, 2014
AfricanApple: 500 naira every month
Re: Teach Me Yoruba Language(come In If U Are Interested In Learning Too) by AfricanApple(f): 4:30pm On Oct 03, 2014
benega: babe 4 u i'll double the fee but it will have to be private lessons @ ma place wink
I tot u were a female o. nope nope, no private lessons, I like to avoid stories that touches
Re: Teach Me Yoruba Language(come In If U Are Interested In Learning Too) by benega: 4:33pm On Oct 03, 2014
AfricanApple: I tot u were a female o. nope nope, no private lessons, I like to avoid stories that touches
we will negotiate that later 4 nw check out ma thread on fp about blood money. Quote me nd comment grin
Re: Teach Me Yoruba Language(come In If U Are Interested In Learning Too) by Nobody: 8:31pm On Oct 03, 2014
AfricanApple: snowprince07, no lectures today?
sorry was soo busy today.bawo n¡??
Re: Teach Me Yoruba Language(come In If U Are Interested In Learning Too) by AfricanApple(f): 11:52pm On Oct 03, 2014
snowprince07: sorry was soo busy today.bawo n¡??
mo fine jare. hope u aren't stressed up
Re: Teach Me Yoruba Language(come In If U Are Interested In Learning Too) by Nobody: 8:06am On Oct 04, 2014
AfricanApple: mo fine jare. hope u aren't stressed up
nah.
aro,how was u night??
Re: Teach Me Yoruba Language(come In If U Are Interested In Learning Too) by AfricanApple(f): 10:45am On Oct 04, 2014
snowprince07:
nah.
aro,how was u night??
aro can only be used when u refer to morning, but in greeting it must be karo/ekaro
Re: Teach Me Yoruba Language(come In If U Are Interested In Learning Too) by Nobody: 1:30pm On Oct 04, 2014
I don't get
Is this the present day yoruba spelling or what?
Maybe you should take a second look at this post
AfricanApple:
ka ya kauri, ina jira mention naka ne ai

here are a list of things
aro-- morning
oson-- afternoon
shibi-- spoon
igbale-- broom
asho-- cloth
bata-- shoe
omi-- water
oju-- eye
imu-- nose
enu-- mouth
owoh-- hand
ese-- leg
idi--

ikun-- stomach
eyin--back
oyon---

ewa-- beans
iresi-- rice
ishu-- yam
oson-- orange
ogede-- banana/plantain

owo-- money

some words
duro-- stop
dakeh-- keep quiet
erin-- laughter
ewah-- beauty
Re: Teach Me Yoruba Language(come In If U Are Interested In Learning Too) by Nobody: 1:45pm On Oct 04, 2014
AfricanApple:
aro can only be used when u refer to morning, but in greeting it must be karo/ekaro
lol ok eku ishe.
Re: Teach Me Yoruba Language(come In If U Are Interested In Learning Too) by AfricanApple(f): 3:44pm On Oct 04, 2014
zeemoore:
I don't get
Is this the present day yoruba spelling or what?
Maybe you should take a second look at this post
don't forget he is new to d language, if I use d correct spelling, he may pronounce d wrong way, though I'm not too good in d real spelling
Re: Teach Me Yoruba Language(come In If U Are Interested In Learning Too) by AfricanApple(f): 3:47pm On Oct 04, 2014
snowprince07:
lol ok eku ishe.
oshey.

how are u celebrating d sallah
Re: Teach Me Yoruba Language(come In If U Are Interested In Learning Too) by Nobody: 5:38pm On Oct 04, 2014
AfricanApple:
don't forget he is new to d language, if I use d correct spelling, he may pronounce d wrong way, though I'm not too good in d real spelling
What is worth doing at all is worth doing well
Try ki o lo correct spelling so he won't confuse some words pelu omiran
And about him not getting the right pronunciation, why not teach him using voice note
Re: Teach Me Yoruba Language(come In If U Are Interested In Learning Too) by AfricanApple(f): 11:00pm On Oct 04, 2014
zeemoore:

What is worth doing at all is worth doing well
Try ki o lo correct spelling so he won't confuse some words pelu omiran
And about him not getting the right pronunciation, why not teach him using voice note
we can do it tougher right?
Re: Teach Me Yoruba Language(come In If U Are Interested In Learning Too) by Nobody: 12:26pm On Oct 05, 2014
AfricanApple:
we can do it tougher right?
"Together" you mean?
Sorry, I can't
My hands are tied
Re: Teach Me Yoruba Language(come In If U Are Interested In Learning Too) by AfricanApple(f): 4:03pm On Oct 05, 2014
zeemoore:

"Together" you mean?
Sorry, I can't
My hands are tied
oh! no, let me help u loose it
Re: Teach Me Yoruba Language(come In If U Are Interested In Learning Too) by Nobody: 4:14pm On Oct 05, 2014
AfricanApple:
How are you gonna untie it? grin
Re: Teach Me Yoruba Language(come In If U Are Interested In Learning Too) by Nobody: 2:25pm On Oct 06, 2014
Hi peeps choii see as d place look so lonely
no students no teasha embarassed
Re: Teach Me Yoruba Language(come In If U Are Interested In Learning Too) by Exjoker(m): 9:27pm On Oct 15, 2014
AfricanApple:
koyan darasin yoruba ya kare ne?
Re: Teach Me Yoruba Language(come In If U Are Interested In Learning Too) by Exjoker(m): 9:30pm On Oct 15, 2014
Are you guys on a holiday or what?
Re: Teach Me Yoruba Language(come In If U Are Interested In Learning Too) by Rapzino: 9:33pm On Oct 15, 2014
Exjoker:
Re: Teach Me Yoruba Language(come In If U Are Interested In Learning Too) by Nobody: 9:47pm On Oct 15, 2014
Exjoker:
no but no teachers no student
Re: Teach Me Yoruba Language(come In If U Are Interested In Learning Too) by Nobody: 10:02pm On Oct 15, 2014
snowprince07:

Nah Ebola cause am! sad that and d fact that Seun never pay dem.
Re: Teach Me Yoruba Language(come In If U Are Interested In Learning Too) by Nobody: 10:07pm On Oct 15, 2014
Silkmoth33:

Nah Ebola cause am! sad that and d fact that Seun never pay dem.
grin Ebola for wia na U.S we dey??
Re: Teach Me Yoruba Language(come In If U Are Interested In Learning Too) by Nobody: 10:08pm On Oct 15, 2014
snowprince07:
grin Ebola for wia na U.S we dey??

How bad is it in us sef!? I just dey see Dallas Dallas Texas for every website.
Re: Teach Me Yoruba Language(come In If U Are Interested In Learning Too) by Nobody: 10:12pm On Oct 15, 2014
Silkmoth33:

How bad is it in us sef!? I just dey see Dallas Dallas Texas for every website.
well don't know much buhh I heard they are tracing some people that took flight in same plane with d second victim(a lady) of d EVD
Re: Teach Me Yoruba Language(come In If U Are Interested In Learning Too) by Nobody: 10:23pm On Oct 15, 2014
snowprince07:
well don't know much buhh I heard they are tracing some people that took flight in same plane with d second victim(a lady) of d EVD

Hm! Na wa oh! Ebola
Re: Teach Me Yoruba Language(come In If U Are Interested In Learning Too) by Exjoker(m): 11:16pm On Oct 15, 2014
snowprince07:
Haba! Are u serious at all
Re: Teach Me Yoruba Language(come In If U Are Interested In Learning Too) by AfricanApple(f): 6:53am On Oct 16, 2014
Exjoker:
koyan darasin yoruba ya kare ne?
what does koyan darasin means

no mind snowprince07 o. he won d thread upside down with yeye topic. maybe he is tired of learning
Re: Teach Me Yoruba Language(come In If U Are Interested In Learning Too) by Exjoker(m): 7:29am On Oct 16, 2014
AfricanApple:
what does koyan darasin means

no mind snowprince07 o. he won d thread upside down with yeye topic. maybe he is tired of learning
Darasi mean lesson while koyarwa/koyan mean teachin/learnin respectively ...So are you ready to resume
Re: Teach Me Yoruba Language(come In If U Are Interested In Learning Too) by AfricanApple(f): 7:38am On Oct 16, 2014
Exjoker:
Darasi mean lesson while koyarwa/koyan mean teachin/learnin respectively ...So are you ready to resume
yeahhh, but I'm not learning, I'm teaching
Re: Teach Me Yoruba Language(come In If U Are Interested In Learning Too) by AfricanApple(f): 7:40am On Oct 16, 2014
snowprince07:
where did ur teacher go? into extinction?

Any Regret Not Knowing How To Speak Your Dialect? / Court Stops Bayero, Four Others From Parading Selves As Emirs / 4 Strange Cultural Practices Associated With Marriage In Nigeria