Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,408 members, 7,822,882 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 06:38 PM

Eight Amazing New Features That You Should Know About Microsoft Windows 10 - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Eight Amazing New Features That You Should Know About Microsoft Windows 10 (1326 Views)

Whatsapp Rolls Out New Features / Five Blackberry Priv Features That Android Users Will Fall In Love With. / What's The fuss About Microsoft Cortana? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Eight Amazing New Features That You Should Know About Microsoft Windows 10 by Tallesty1(m): 3:41pm On Oct 01, 2014
Microsoft announced its next-gen operating system yesterday called Windows 10. While a number of people are still trying to get over the fact that the name Windows 9 was skipped, there is speculation that Microsoft made the move to directly take on Apple's OS X also called OS ten.

There are a bunch of new updates and features that will be featured on the Windows 10.

Here are some of the important features that you can look out for in the upcoming Windows 10 update:

Continuum

This is quite an interesting feature as it will automatically change modes according to changes that happen on a device. For example if you attach a keyboard to a Windows 10 running tablet, it will automatically change it into a non-touch mode and use all the space on the display. The new Window 10 update will also be much more touch-friendly and include some new and updated features to improve the touch experience that was as issue on Windows 8 and 8.1.

Start menu

When the Start menu was removed in Windows 8, it was anarchy. Windows 8.1 got back the Start button it only helped you to shift between desktop and app mode. Thankfully this will not be the case with Windows 10 as the Start menu is now redesigned and will include both your apps and tiles.

Snap assist

Up till now we could put two windows side-by-side. Well now Windows 10 will allow users to 'snap' up to four windows for better multitasking. So now you can open multiple windows together and reduce the time to switch between them.

Multiple Desktops

For a more personalized experience you can now create more than one desktop for different people and different purposes and switch between them efficiently. So now you can have different work-spaces for home and office.

Modern apps on your desktop

Microsoft has finally solved the conflict for users who find it hard to switch between the app mode and desktop mode. With Windows 10 you will be able to run modern/metro apps directly on the desktop and will include a close button on the top right. You will also be able to run traditions apps and modern apps at the same time and snap them side by side.

Universal app store

Developers will now be able to create universal apps that will work on a Windows 10 running PC, tablet or even s smartphone. It will be interesting to see how Microsoft implements this.

Next gen Command prompt

A brand new command prompt will be included in Windows 10 which will support keyboard shortcuts by default. So now you don't have to type those long path names, just Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V.

Updated unified search

Windows 10 will include universal search which was first seen on Windows 8.1 integrated into the new Start menu. Searching for an item will not only search for files, folders and apps, but it will also search the web and give you relevant results.

The new features sound pretty good and seems that Microsoft is trying its best improve where it failed with the Windows 8 and 8.1 updates. Another interesting feature that was kept under the wraps was Cortana, the new voice assistant. According to the Verge, it will be included in the final build and it is currently under development stage.

Windows 10 will be available next year and while there is no confirmation whether it will be free for Windows 8 and 8.1 users, we are speculating that Microsoft will indeed provide a free upgrade.

SOURCE
Re: Eight Amazing New Features That You Should Know About Microsoft Windows 10 by Bilabong(m): 3:48pm On Oct 01, 2014
Let me now read.
Re: Eight Amazing New Features That You Should Know About Microsoft Windows 10 by Mention(m): 3:54pm On Oct 01, 2014
That's kul... M definitely gonna upgrade when its out
Re: Eight Amazing New Features That You Should Know About Microsoft Windows 10 by MizMyColi(f): 4:05pm On Oct 01, 2014

@Mention

Upgrade or Buy undecided
Re: Eight Amazing New Features That You Should Know About Microsoft Windows 10 by Richiy(f): 4:09pm On Oct 01, 2014
Great improvements. Windows is big enough to have its personal universal app store. Lets see how that goes.

The redesigning of the start menu was wise.

All the new introductions looks great. I hope it doesn't develop counter issues.

Btw, what is Microsoft saying about Nokia?
Re: Eight Amazing New Features That You Should Know About Microsoft Windows 10 by Tallesty1(m): 4:09pm On Oct 01, 2014
MizMyColi:
@Mention

Upgrade or Buy undecided
We don't know yet.

But I pray they give out free update.
Re: Eight Amazing New Features That You Should Know About Microsoft Windows 10 by Tallesty1(m): 4:19pm On Oct 01, 2014
Richiy: Great improvements. Windows is big enough to have its personal universal app store. Lets see how that goes.

The redesigning of the start menu was wise.

All the new introductions looks great. I hope it doesn't develop counter issues.

Btw, what is Microsoft saying about Nokia
I don't know but I think they will keep producing basic Nokia handsets.

After all they just released a new Nokia phone.
Re: Eight Amazing New Features That You Should Know About Microsoft Windows 10 by Richiy(f): 4:22pm On Oct 01, 2014
Tallesty1: I don't know but I think they will keep producing basic Nokia handsets.

After all they just released a new Nokia phone.

I hope they don't let Nokia die o. Instead, they should sell it to me. Lol.
Re: Eight Amazing New Features That You Should Know About Microsoft Windows 10 by Richiy(f): 4:23pm On Oct 01, 2014
Tallesty1: We don't know yet.

But I pray they give out free update.

Even if its not for free, it would be very accessible. Thanks to these boys that do this software thingy.
Re: Eight Amazing New Features That You Should Know About Microsoft Windows 10 by Mention(m): 4:27pm On Oct 01, 2014
MizMyColi:
@Mention

Upgrade or Buy undecided
Upgrade.. I would install the windows 10 on my system when itz out!!
Re: Eight Amazing New Features That You Should Know About Microsoft Windows 10 by Tallesty1(m): 4:29pm On Oct 01, 2014
Richiy:

Even if its not for free, it would be very accessible. Thanks to these boys that do this software thingy.
You will crash your phone one day.
Re: Eight Amazing New Features That You Should Know About Microsoft Windows 10 by Tallesty1(m): 4:32pm On Oct 01, 2014
Richiy:

I hope they don't let Nokia die o. Instead, they should sell it to me. Lol.
Lmao.

Sell nokia to you?grin.
Re: Eight Amazing New Features That You Should Know About Microsoft Windows 10 by constance500: 4:41pm On Oct 01, 2014
We are waiting cheesy
Re: Eight Amazing New Features That You Should Know About Microsoft Windows 10 by Tallesty1(m): 4:46pm On Oct 01, 2014
constance500: We are waiting cheesy
Get Your Credit Card Ready.
Re: Eight Amazing New Features That You Should Know About Microsoft Windows 10 by Richiy(f): 5:01pm On Oct 01, 2014
Tallesty1: Lmao.

Sell nokia to you?grin.
Haba! I will handle it with care. Be firm when i should and pamper when i should. Look at me na. I would make a good CEO. lol.
Re: Eight Amazing New Features That You Should Know About Microsoft Windows 10 by Tallesty1(m): 5:04pm On Oct 01, 2014
Richiy:
Haba! I will handle it with care. Be firm when i should and pamper when i should. Look at me na. I would make a good CEO. lol.
You are a good CEO already.
Re: Eight Amazing New Features That You Should Know About Microsoft Windows 10 by okotv(m): 5:57pm On Oct 01, 2014
o boy...upgrading things
Re: Eight Amazing New Features That You Should Know About Microsoft Windows 10 by Tallesty1(m): 6:06pm On Oct 01, 2014
okotv: o boy...upgrading things
Or Purchasing Things.
Re: Eight Amazing New Features That You Should Know About Microsoft Windows 10 by Nobody: 6:30pm On Oct 01, 2014
He dey browse free...
Re: Eight Amazing New Features That You Should Know About Microsoft Windows 10 by jcflex(m): 8:02pm On Oct 01, 2014
This is welcome, bt window 8 is flop, close to 2yrs nw, mose pple still prefer windows 7 to 8, windows 8 is nt user friendly at all
Re: Eight Amazing New Features That You Should Know About Microsoft Windows 10 by computerboy: 8:07pm On Oct 01, 2014
jcflex: This is welcome, bt window 8 is flop, close to 2yrs nw, mose pple still prefer windows 7 to 8, windows 8 is nt user friendly at all

I keep hearing people say this. But to me, the only difference in windows 8 usage is the new tile start screen and charm bar, every other thing is same as win 7. I enjoyed windows 8 well before entering 8.1.
IMO tho
Re: Eight Amazing New Features That You Should Know About Microsoft Windows 10 by computerboy: 8:17pm On Oct 01, 2014
MizMyColi:
@Mention

Upgrade or Buy undecided

Either way, 90% of Nigerians always wait for pirated copies. They won't even want to know the price
Re: Eight Amazing New Features That You Should Know About Microsoft Windows 10 by Mention(m): 8:44pm On Oct 01, 2014
computerboy:

Either way, 90% of Nigerians always wait for pirated copies. They won't even want to know the price
Lol... Exactly.. I saw somewhere that original Windows 8 software z 20+K, dunno if its true
I can't pay such huge amount when I can easily get it for N300
Re: Eight Amazing New Features That You Should Know About Microsoft Windows 10 by computerboy: 8:59pm On Oct 01, 2014
Mention:
Lol... Exactly.. I saw somewhere that original Windows 8 software z 20+K, dunno if its true
I can't pay such huge amount when I can easily get it for N300

LOL You even bought yours costly. In owerri, I asked the girl the price, she said N150 and I was shocked, seeing my face, she thought the price was too big, she then said that it's because it contains both 64 bit and 32 bit, that if it's just 64 bit, it would have been N100. I just shook my head, gave her money and left. grin

1 Like

Re: Eight Amazing New Features That You Should Know About Microsoft Windows 10 by jcflex(m): 9:26pm On Oct 01, 2014
computerboy:

I keep hearing people say this. But to me, the only difference in windows 8 usage is the new tile start screen and charm bar, every other thing is same as win 7. I enjoyed windows 8 well before entering 8.1.
IMO tho

guess you are an IT guru, you have no choice that to kip updating urself to meet customer need, cus that is the funny aspect of ICT/Computer, so nw tell me ordinary man in the office using a system, tell me hw this person will find it easy using windows 8 compare to 7,
i use bth so am sure of what am saying, my PC is 8, while my office system is 7, again for you to knw more cooperate firm refuse to upgrade to windows 8, why simply bcus is nt user friendly,
bros you will see hw pple will rush for windows 10, bcus it was an upgrade or build upon windows 7, and better part of windows 8 added to it, the acceptability will surprise you within a short period, compare to 8, dat is flop in d market,
Re: Eight Amazing New Features That You Should Know About Microsoft Windows 10 by Mention(m): 9:51pm On Oct 01, 2014
computerboy:

LOL You even bought yours costly. In owerri, I asked the girl the price, she said N150 and I was shocked, seeing my face, she thought the price was too big, she then said that it's because it contains both 64 bit and 32 bit, that if it's just 64 bit, it would have been N100. I just shook my head, gave her money and left. grin
Lmao... Lucky You!!!! If I don't see windows 10 for that price, I won't buy!!
Re: Eight Amazing New Features That You Should Know About Microsoft Windows 10 by Mention(m): 9:52pm On Oct 01, 2014
computerboy:

Re: Eight Amazing New Features That You Should Know About Microsoft Windows 10 by Tallesty1(m): 10:08pm On Oct 01, 2014
jcflex:

guess you are an IT guru, you have no choice that to kip updating urself to meet customer need, cus that is the funny aspect of ICT/Computer, so nw tell me ordinary man in the office using a system, tell me hw this person will find it easy using windows 8 compare to 7,
i use bth so am sure of what am saying, my PC is 8, while my office system is 7, again for you to knw more cooperate firm refuse to upgrade to windows 8, why simply bcus is nt user friendly,
bros you will see hw pple will rush for windows 10, bcus it was an upgrade or build upon windows 7, and better part of windows 8 added to it, the acceptability will surprise you within a short period, compare to 8, dat is flop in d market,

(1) (Reply)

Blackberry Passort Or Blackberry Classic, Which Is Preferable? / Wiko Getaway Launches In Nigeria, Exclusively On Jumia Nigeria / Which One To Go For--between Blackberry Q10 and Samsung S3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.